A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- In every way possible, Clayton has wanted to honor his mothers and their legacy. He has an impeccable record, is very punctual, and always lives up to everyone's 'golden boy' image of him. He's polite at worst and charming at best, never failing to woo people with his amicable expressions and sweet words. Though honest, Clayton has been known to sugarcoat things - he has never wanted to harm anyone, not physically and most certainly not emotionally. That said, he is fairly good at punching. Though he tries not to resort to that, there have come moments where he's had to rely on his own wits and strength. Because he didn't - and doesn't, to this day - have a buff build, Clayton has always tried to rely more on his smarts than anything else. And because of this, he's a bit of a bookworm. Day in and day out, he strives to learn something new, and isn't afraid to spend hours on end reading up.
- Although he doesn't want to define himself a 'jock', there's no point in denying Clayton really enjoys playing quidditch. Even if it's not to the point he'd absolutely melt down for it, there's no sport he doesn't get a kick out of playing. He's always been an inherently active person, and often struggles to stay in one place for more than five minutes at a time. Not only is he very active, but he's also very hyperaware. He tends to catch on to the smallest things, and the thing is - he remembers them later on. As stupid as they seem to be, Clayton has always been very attentive with details. By no means is it photographic memory or anything of the sorts, but he just tends to recall the stupidest details that might have pertained to something that happened years ago. It's a gift, he swears.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- Born William Fowler to a fifteen year old girl from Los Angeles, California, and her rapist uncle, Clayton was a ward of the state from the moment he was born. With a biological mother who struggled to even look at him, biological grandparents who would sooner kill him than allow their child to keep him, and a father who was sicker in the head than anyone could ever imagine, Clayton was better off entering the system and being in it for as long as he was. Fortunately, however, he wasn't bounced from home to home for long, because a lesbian couple - Georgiana and Danielle Hargreave - soon caved into their years old desires to become mothers and ended up fostering him. Their time fostering him (approx. 3 months) grew into a lifelong connection only mothers could have with their child.
- For the first five years of his life, William Fowler - now appropriately renamed Clayton Hargreave - thrived. He was an only child who was dotted on by his mothers, his grandparents, and everyone else they knew. He was a beautiful baby, but as he grew up, his mothers soon realized he was as devilish as he was handsome. Wherever he went, chaos would ensue. Toys would be thrown about, food would be slammed against the walls, paint would find its way onto the pristine walls of their home; Clayton was, in short, a nightmare they could never seem to get control over. However, his fifth birthday ushered in a new era that would change his life forever. His biological father, who had been released after the court infuriatingly found him innocent regarding the charges his niece had put against him. He clearly hadn't learned his lesson, because Emma Fowler ended up pregnant with another baby. Or, babies, is more like.
- Clayton's full-blooded sisters ended up being adopted by Georgiana & Danielle. They hadn't planned on taking on any more children, as Clayton was enough of a handful, but they also didn't feel it would be right (or fair to their son) if they didn't take them in. Thus, Clayton was introduced several months later to Alexa (Lexie) and Michael (Mike) Hargreave, his new little brother and sister. Initially, he didn't wake well to them. Why would he? They were annoying little robots who could only poop, cry, and make him lose a good amount of sleep. However, as time progressed, he soon found them more and more intriguing, and it eventually got to the point where, upon his daily return from muggle elementary school back home in America, all he would do was play with them. He became the golden boy of the house, essentially, and strived to be the best big brother he could be.
- As a child, Georgiana and Danielle suspected he was a wizard. He was already demonstrating little bits of magic here and there ever since he was young, no more than three or four - he could make objects levitate, the lights flicker, etc. However, there was no way to confirm or deny their suspicions without ever looking crazy. This immediately put contacting the adoption agency out of the question. They didn't want to risk losing custody all because they had gotten curious. Instead, they hired a private investigator from the wizarding world. Look into their names, see if anything popped up. And, not very surprisingly, they found Emma Fowler was a squib herself, whilst her uncle was a half-blooded wizard. It made sense Clayton was magic, and as far as they were concerned, so would Lexie and Mike. Confirmation of their son's magical heritage came in the form of an acceptance letter to Ilvermorny School when Clayton was 11 years old.
- Imagine the poor kid's surprise when he comes home, excited for winter break, to discover not only is he a wizard, but both his mothers are, as well. While they pointedly avoided getting his hopes up (or confusing him further, for that matter) by not mentioning their suspicions on Lexie and Mike's own heritage, Georgiana and Danielle were very patient in explaining everything to Clayton. Unfortunately, they had made what could perhaps be considered a massive mistake; they hadn't told him he was adopted. One thing led to another, and the truth spilled out: Clayton Hargreave wasn't blood related to them. To his credit, he took it quite well. Of course, he was very curious and wanted to know more about who his biological family was, and because his background was too... malicious, so to say, they tried not to delve too deeply into it.
- While it took a lot of time for Clayton to adjust to the new revelations, he's proud to say he got over it fairly quickly; his mothers were, at the end of the day, his parents. He was given up for a reason. Where someone else saw a burden, they saw a gift. They cared deeply for him, and he planned to reciprocate this pure love. Nothing that happened in his past could change his future. Thus, he set off to Ilvermorny with a heavy heart, but was happy knowing he would always have his mothers. For the next four years, Clayton thrived at Ilvermorny in Thunderbird House. He played several sports, was popular among his friends, and held a deep love for life. He lived to the fullest, without breaking any rules of course, and made sure his youth was one he could look back on fondly. However, during winter break of his fourth year, he discovered Georgiana had gotten a job offer in England. He would have to go live in London and leave behind his friends and family, as his mothers weren't keen on the idea of leaving their eldest behind.
- Despite his complaints, Clayton transferred to Hogwarts for his fifth year. It was a bittersweet moment, in truth. While he was leaving his old life behind, he was facing new possibilities. And so he looked at things in a positive light as the transfer was finalized and he began his studies as a member of ___ House. He's been there for going on two years, and is now setting his eyes on his house's quidditch team, as well as becoming the next Head Boy.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
- Clayton is a half-blooded wizard.
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
- Not that he's aware of.
6) What year is your character in?
- He is in his 6th year now.
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
- Clayton would very likely plead the Sorting Hat to put him in Gryffindor, as he, like many Gryffindors, values chivalry above all else.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
Hi there! Everything's fine but quick thing, what was his first magical incident? Or at least what age did he start to cause things to levitate etc