A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
+ Inquisitive, book smart, kind, practical, organised
- Naive, competitive, perfectionist, nervous, clumsy
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
She doesn't really have a goal, but she hopes to become a teacher perhaps but she's not sure yet.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Exploring the magical world, especially Hogwarts
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
1. A picture of her mother
2. Her wand
3. Her textbooks
4. A hoody that belonged to her birth father
5. Her stationary set
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
She doesn't know it too well to see any faults yet
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
She's just glad she's apart of this world to be picky. Than again, she's read up on the houses (studied them enough one would think she'd be obsessed) and believes she wouldn't fit Slytherin. But she'd be happy with any, honestly.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Cleo is the type of person that tries to be everything that she's not. Charming, suave and slick. In reality, Cleo is clumsy and rather innocent to the world around her. Though, she is a muggle born, so that aspect is to be expected, at least that's what she tells herself anyway. However, this carries onto other aspects of life, specifically love. When it comes to sex, or even swearing, she tends to cringe away from it. She's also quite flippant, especially with her hobbies. She struggles to stick with one and often moves through different ones every other week or whenever the inspiration strikes her. However, she quickly loses this motivation due to her tendency to want everything to be perfect. She struggles to accept that you have to work at something to be good at it and is always dismayed when nothing reaches her expectations.
However, when it comes to other things, such as her own study. Competitive, she constantly wants to be the best in the class and in other areas and never backs down from a challenge. She often finds herself a little bit awkward around people and tries to mend this with food, offering them whenever a social interaction goes awry. Furthermore, Cleo forces herself not to be angry as whenever she becomes too worked up, she falls into a stutter which she hates, so she avoids getting too emotional as best she could. When she does become nervous or upset, she tends to withdraw into herself and fidget.
There is one thing Cleo hates doing though. Breaking rules. Whenever she's aware of someone breaking them or, heaven forbid, is involved with it, she often becomes agitated, worried and stressed. Some could define her as a goody two shoes as a consequence, which wouldn't be wrong. She does cower when someone raises their voice for her and struggles to speak up for herself, especially when she feels threatened. She'd often rather run away than fight back. However, she cares deeply for her friends and her life, terrified it will come apart and she will wake up and her life would just be a dream.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Brody and Vanessa met during Canada's winter, both ending up at the same cabin with the owner accidentally overbooking it without realising. Seeing as both went alone, neither of them complained. They didn't see each other again after that one week but it was enough to conceive Cleo. Vanessa didn't realise until three months later but they'd agreed they'd keep their fling during that week, not contact each other, so she had no phone number to call, not even a last name. Both her parents were dead but they'd left enough for her after they died that she could use to help raise a child. It was enough to allow her to live without working for a few years at least, plus another few years on the money she had saved herself. Living in Toronto, she gave birth to Cleo and for a few years, everything was alright. It was those two against the world. Cleo was a smart, inquisitive child and her mother encouraged this mentality. It wasn't until Vanessa married John that everything began to change.
In only two years of their marriage, when Cleo was six, did John's behaviour began to change. At first it was gradual, whenever he and Vanessa argued, he'd get a bit rough, yell louder than necessary, small habits that Vanessa was willing to overlook but as months, years, went by it got worse and worse until both girls knew not to cross his temper. Cleo was accustomed to hiding in closets whenever she'd even get the hint of the raise of her step-father's voice. Generally, though, Cleo was never touched, save for maybe her own nails digging into her own skin. Later, when John would leave for the local pub to get drunk, her mother, often bruised, would retrieve her daughter. Of course, her mother tried to leave, multiple times but she grew too scared. Plus, John had control over all their finances anyway. Still, the one thing Cleo loved was school. Still having that curious nature, Cleo was the top of her class and often went above and beyond for what was expected of her.
When she was nine, she had her first magic incident. She was alone in her room, her mother cooking dinner, her step father still out at work. She'd accidentally cut off a chunk of her hair by accident, only just messing around really. However, she'd found it had grown back in a few moments when she began to become hysterical over it. She never said anything, in belief no one would believe her. When she was ten, her mother decided enough was enough. John had put a hand on Cleo. The final straw for Vanessa, through the next three days, she'd began to secretly pack clothes, and when John came home drunk, she got Cleo and left. Making a large withdrawal of her funds, she used it to move the two of them to London, making sure they left no traces back to Canada. In London, she worked as a waitress at three restaurants, with Cleo going to a public school.
Cleo was happy in London, beginning to blossom and feel safe. It was during this period did she receive her Hogwarts letter. At first, both of them were skeptical with Vanessa skeptical enough that she was slightly unwilling to let go of Cleo. Though, this might be under the belief that she was scared her child would be in danger again. However, she began to realise she couldn't hold her own child back due to her own insecurities. Now, Cleo is gearing up to be sent to the school. She's excited, though, for the simple reason that she has the opportunity to explore a whole new world and have a future she never dreamed of having.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
She'll be a first year next year
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?