A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths: she's enthusiastic, kind, and smart. Weaknesses: she's odd, full-on, and easily distracted.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
She wants to be as well-known as her father and grandmother, but for her notable advancements to wizarding technology. She wants to show that she's more than the failure (grand)daughter of a family of stars.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Any day when she's at her internship is her ideal day, preferably with all the friends she's determined to make while on it.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Her wand: literally allows her to do anything. Of course she'd keep it. Her assorted instruments: she loves music, she really does, and she is good at it - just not as good as her grandmother or brother. Regardless, she loves to play. Her tools: how is she supposed to tinker without her toolkit? Her phone: firstly is super cool because she can do almost anything on it, and secondly is her main link to the rest of the world. Copy of the Tales of Beedle the Bard: a gift from her father Xander when she was a little kid, it remains her favourite book.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Why do wizards treat everyone who isn't human or magical so badly? Why has nobody learnt from the mistakes of the past (Goblin rebellions, for example, or the werewolves that joined Voldemort) and started treating 'creatures' better? A lot of them are sentient and don't really pose much of a threat. Also why isn't there a wizarding university? How do people become qualified as teachers or to run the country, if they only have seven years of formal schooling?
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
She doesn't mind.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Cordelia is a bit of an airhead. She's easily distracted because her brain is constantly working, whether thinking of a new idea, coming up with solutions to a problem, or just general shower thoughts. She loves nonograms and chess and sudoku and crosswords, and you can bet she knows around 200 Rubik's Cube algorithms. Quite often she'll be found with her nose buried in a muggle university-level textbook on the intricacies of Tolkien's Elvish grammar or the complex mathematics used to send Apollo 11 to the moon.
When Cordelia sees a problem, she fixes it. It doesn't particularly matter if the problem in question is material (she once fixed her brother's toy car with a piece of string, some tape and a rubber band) or emotional, because she'll find a way to make anything work. Ironically, she herself isn't very put together. Often she'll be found with some oil smudged on her cheek, hair in disarray, with a pencil carelessly stuck behind her ear. She likes to say that her life is kept together by a piece of gum and a lot of hope.
One of her defining factors is her boundless enthusiasm for everything. A friend expresses a vague interest in the MCU? She'll buy them every single movie and become an expert in every part of the world in one evening. Next History of Magic topic is the Goblin Rebellion of 1612? She'll go talk to real-life goblins to get their side of the story, because history is written by the winners and honestly, if you want to understand something you really have to look at it from all angles.
Cordelia loves everyone. She doesn't really have many friends, but she's always friendly if a little odd, and she'll flirt with anyone she finds even remotely attractive. Sadly, she's quite full-on, which can scare people away sometimes, and she can be fairly difficult to keep up with in a conversation because she tends to forget words, use the wrong words or just use very obscure words. She means well, though - she just doesn't give herself enough time to process what she's saying before it's out there.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Everyone knows the story of Madam Celestina Warbeck's rise to fame. Born to a wizard father and a muggle mother in Wales, it's common knowledge that Celestina displayed her talent young. She attended Hogwarts, because WADA hadn't been founded at the time, and her mother bombarded the school with letters demanding that they form a theatre club, dancing class and a choir in order to show off her daughter's innumerable talents - these, notably, have persisted to this day. Everyone wants to be the next Celestina Warbeck.
After school, Celestina's popularity skyrocketed with her debut album. She acquired a mob of undying fans, ranging in identity from little girls to old men who like a bit of jazz now and again. Once, three devoted fans were involved in a three-broom pile-up over Liverpool on the last night of her 'Flighty Aphrodite' tour, which caused a stir because they were seen by at least four different muggles, all of whom had to be located and obliviated.
Perhaps more often remarked upon, however, is Celestina's love life. Early on in her career she married one of her backup dancers, but this broke down after a year and she went on to marry her manager instead. They had one son, Cladeus, who was given Celestina's surname (she doesn't need no man), and sadly had zero musical talent - he was, however, a very talented actor, and went on to receive almost as much acclaim for his work on the stage as his mother. But not quite.
Cladeus was Gryffindor at school, just like his mother, and it was there he met the love of his life, a quiet Ravenclaw boy called Xander Adeyemi. Against all expectations the two managed to stay together without incident from fourth year until they graduated and married. Xander became an unspeakable while Cladeus went on to further his acting career, and the press lapped it up. It was the perfect opposites attract love story.
When the couple decided they wanted to have children one of Cladeus' actress friends volunteered as a surrogate - she insisted that the child should have a quality biological mother, one with beauty and talent in spades. By this, she meant herself, the one and only Beatriz Shehi, and she went on to carry children twice for Cladeus and Xander: the first a boy named Cassius, and the second a girl called Cordelia.
Cordelia Warbeck's intelligence has been evident almost since her birth, but to the disappointment of her grandmother and (one of) her fathers, has never really displayed any special talent for their fields. She's not tone deaf by any means, and her acting skills are better than most, but she lacks something. Growing up, she was enrolled into a lot of classes - not clubs. This is serious. - to teach her to sing, to act, and to dance. She can play seven different instruments, and has loved acrobatics since childhood, but she's never quite lived up to the astronomical talent that her grandmother and father expect her to have.
Cordelia's real interest has always been in more academic pursuits, and this has been evident ever since her first sign of magic at age seven when she somehow summoned every single one of Xander's books into her (large) room because she was bored. It gets a bit lonely when your parents insist you have a 'normal childhood away from all the media vultures' and your only brother is going through his "ew, girls" phase.
Upon reaching Hogwarts, Cordelia was sorted into _____ house and found her place in the world pretty quickly. She studied more than nearly everyone in her year, mostly because she had no friends, and this year she finally reached her goal: an internship at WizCo itself, possibly the most exciting institution in existence.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-blood, related to Celestina Warbeck
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
6, 2 exotic