A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Dahlia is a sweet but curious girl that seems to never be satisfied with a simple answer. She always needs to understand the depth and deep knowledge of something and almost break it down to understand how it works. Despite this mindset, she's actually a really sweet and happy person when someone gets to know her.
She's blessed with a gift for wandless magic, which makes it easier for her to do things honestly and she's tried her best to master it. She tries not to brag about it though, because 1) it's not in her nature to brag about things or bring attention to herself and 2) she doesn't want to be used because of her gift/skill. She's kind of a loner which sometimes is good, but most of the time isn't.
Dahlia doesn't feel accepted by most of society because of many reasons, which has caused her to stay quiet a lot and many people think she's a mute sometimes. She's very apologetic and actually a wonderful person, but she never gets to show people that side of her because she either closes herself off too quickly or doesn't allow anyone to get close to her.
All in all, Dahlia is a good person with a golden heart who feels like she can't be herself until she moves out on her own and finds people that she can be happy with. She wants the best for herself, but honestly doesn't know how to obtain it or where to go to look for it.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Jaden Griffith was truly the brightest wizard of his generation. Descended from the Shacklebolt family, with pure blood, and a natural affinity for leadership, Jaden was sharp-minded and ambitious, always focused on a goal and always determined to accomplish it. That's why it was surprising to everyone who knew him, that he ended up marrying Kara Lovngooth, a fellow pure-blood who was quite the opposite of Jaden, at least, personality wise. She was just as strong as Jaden was in magic, and was even more agile when it came to quick-thinking, but unlike him, she was an extremely reckless individual as a teenager. Before marrying Kara, he had been dating another girl in Seventh year named Sierra Tygress, which he had discussed marriage with. Strangely enough, just two weeks before their graduation, Sierra and Jaden broke up. Kara, influenced by her parents, saw an opportunity for more wealth, and more importantly, power and sought after Jaden's attention. She got it successfully, and two years later, they were wed in June. During this time, Jaden had joined the Ministry of Magic and quickly rose to a high position under the Department of Technological Advancements. Jaden remained in the department for two decades, eventually rising to head in his seventh year and later retired thirteen years later. Meanwhile, his wife, Kara became a Transfiguration professor at Hogwarts for a decade, and then became an Auror, the current job she still holds today. Three years into their marriage, the two began talking about children and had their first child a year later. Somewhere down the road, Kara began getting bored with Jaden and her family, and had some flings here and there, which resulted in two more children who she gave off to adoption services, unwilling to let Jaden discover her unfaithfulness.
Dahlia was the fourth child and was a handful from birth when she was a toddler she would always get into messes and break things but it was out of curiosity. She always wanted to learn and know how things worked, which caused her parents a lot of issues since they had to completely remodel their whole house to make it Dahlia-proof so she'd stop breaking things. Her siblings, on the other hand, had a ball with it, always giving her things to break and always putting things in her path or reach to see what she'd do. Even when she grew into childhood her curiosity increased, luckily she stopped breaking things, but she couldn't help but ask so many questions.
One day her mother gave her a huge book about space just to get her to be quiet and occupy her attention, which actually worked. Dahlia didn't stop reading until she was done, and then read through the book again and again. She devoured the knowledge and couldn't help but want to learn more about the vast thing called space, she found it so fascinating and she couldn't help but want to explore it. She begged her parents to let her decorate her room in a space/galaxy theme, which they allowed, and she still has her room designed the same exact way to this day.
Because of her love for space and everything to do with it, she wanted to work for NASA. How could she not? It was basically a one-way ticket to be as close to space as she could without having to become an astronaut. One day while she was 7 and playing in the backyard wearing a helmet and in a cardboard spaceship, her magic manifested itself and she began to float like she was on the moon. It only lasted a few seconds, but she ran to tell her parents who were relieved to hear that their daughter wasn't a squip. After some more years passed and she went off to Hogwarts, her magic blossomed and she flew through her classes easily, especially astronomy.
Hogwarts wasn't/isn't the funnest place for Dahlia since she feels like an outcast because she's so interested in space and astrology and astronomy that she feels judged a lot. She always tries to wear galaxy themed clothes which gets her made fun of, so she's resulted in sticking to herself and being quiet. Thankfully, it's her last year and after she graduates she can move on with her life.
Aja Naomi King
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!) Pure-Blood
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) No
6) What year is your character in? 7th
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 12/4
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
She wants to work alone as much as possible and doesn't want to be confined to an office
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
Being able to work at NASA
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
Blackthron, Dragon Heartstring. Dahlia believe's that it represents her love for space and the galaxy, and also her curiousity of things.
- Potential career: DoM (space room)