A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Being raised in a multicultural enviroment, David is rather tolerant to most of things happening in his enviroment, as long as they do not harm anyone. He is also quite intelligent and eloquent, speaking three languages fluently (Greek, French and English) and having advanced knowledge regarding the classical languages (Latin and Ancient Greek) and their cultures. Also, he is very strong, endurant and durable, as he follows the Greek principals of kalokagathia, trying to maintain an ideal of gentlemanly personal conduct. His good sense of humour can be seen as a strength as well.
David can, however, be of short temper from time to time and overreact when his buttons are pushed, causing him to act out of spite. He is also very prideful in himself, stubborn and persistent. He will often act on his own will rather than following giver orders simply because he believes his plan is better.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
David decided to follow his father's steps and become an auror, as he deems them to be of much nobelty and class. Additionally, he wishes to form a family and have a child that would follow his tradition.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
On a free day, David can most likely be seen in a library, researching about god knows what or out in the fields, exploring and training himself because he wishes to improve himself in order to be ready for anything.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
A wand for protection, a photo-album to protect his memories, several books he deems necessary, a pocket watch he inherited from his dad to remember him by and a healing potion, just in case.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Probably their seclusion from the muggle world.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
I would prefer Ravenclaw because I believe David embodies all of their virtues.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
David is warm and introverted, very laid back and doesn’t like to rock the boat too much. He is extremely intelligent, and often lives in the depths of his inner mind. He believes strongly in doing what is right, living by his strong internal moral compass. He has a strong sense of justice, due to his fathers teachings. David however is socially awkward, as he sometimes gets nervous and babbles.
David's father instilled various teachings and values into the young man. One of these teachings was to never lie unless it was absolutely needed, which made David into one of the most honest people you would ever meet. Even if he was to lie he would always come clean if confronted and explain why. David also has some stubborn traits such as once he makes up his mind about something, makes a decision, or sets his mind to something, it is impossible for anyone to talk him out of it.
He is almost always a calm and collected character, rarely showing any signs of distress. Like any normal person David shows different moods; at times being rather cheerful, while being gloomy at others. When in a battle, he becomes incredibly fierce and aggressive. Sometimes, his fierceness is up to the point where he loses control of himself and is even unable to recall what he had done. David is also a very emotional person and lets his emotions control him from time to time. David is a person with incredibly strong resolve who will do anything and everything in his power to accomplish something that is important to him without any hesitation.
David is someone who is not good with words, as stated by his father, and can be quite direct. This is due to him not having many friends and closing others off because of his intense training schedules. As such, he can come off as a rude person to others. Sometimes, he actually seems to enjoy angering and teasing people as well. Also, from time to time, David can be quite overconfident thinking he can do things others cannot. He also tries to hide his abilities, not wanting unneeded attention.
As a leader David shows his skills to their utmost potential. He will give his opponent everything he has in order to show this same attribute to his followers in hopes that they will do the same things. He as a leader is very ambitious, boldly drive forward, passionately rising to new heights, clearing a path for those who follow. He never takes anything too seriously, especially themselves, knowing full well that people need a congenial environment to succeed. David is able to see a future and can articulate, in crystal clear language, a strategic plan to get everyone there. And above all else David take full accountability when their team fails regardless of where mistakes were made or whose performance was substandard.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
David was born on December 25th 2017 in a small suburbia of Athens to Léonard and Anastasia Saint-Clair, an auror and an ambassador of the British Ministry of Magic. Léonard was working on a case in Greece, trying to catch an unknown smuggler, when he met Anastasia Xenakis and instantly fell in love with her. The two got married in the spring of 2015 near the castle of Versaille, afterwards they settled in Athens, where David was born. David's childhood wasn't in particular interesting, both of his parents were very busy so it was up to his uncle, Oneiro, to take care of him. He got a letter invitation from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, thanks to his father's French roots.
David enrolled in the first class at the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, wherein he was an excellent pupil for the first three years. In his forth year, he started neglecting some of his classes, focusing himself on solely on the Theory of Magic, spending numerous hours in the library, trying to come up with new spells, but without much success. After getting in a big fight with several staff members at Beauxbatons, it was suggested for David to transfer to another wizarding school, their recommendations being Durmstrang and Hogwarts. Choosing the latter, Arthur enrolled his fifth year in Hogwarts.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!David is a male of average height with dark brown hair that seems to be untameable, piercing blue eyes which turn green under sunlight and a muscular body who is very confident in his appearance.
His usual outfit consists of a dark blue T-shirt and a green plaid shirt and ripped black jeans. He also wears black All Star shoes. He keeps his golden pocket watch in the pocket on his shirt. He is forced to wear standard black-framed glasses due his eye-sight problems. On more formal occasions, David wears black pants, a long-sleeved white shirt with a black tie and black Oxford shoes, or tight black wool pants with a little white embroidery on the right legging, a black silk velvet period doublet with heavy gold bullion embroidery and brass embellishments and an ivory silk dickie with black ribbon.
His model is Matthew Daddario.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
David is pure-blooded, as both of his parents are wizards.
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
No, David is a regular mage.
6) What year is your character in? David transfered into the fifth year.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
Should we just search romantic comedies on Netflix and see what we find? 22:46, June 22, 2017 (UTC)