1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. Between the months of June and September in the colonial year of 1692, nineteen men and women, all having been convicted of witchcraft were taken to Gallows Hill - a barren slope near Salem Village - to be hung. Another man was pressed to death by stones for refusal of a trail on witchcraft charges. He was over eighty years old. Hundreds of others faced accusations of working with the Devil; dozens languished in jail for months on end until the hysteria in Puritan Massachusetts subsided. Before execution, a coven of ten wizards and witches placed a spell upon themselves, lead by a woman by the name of Bridget Bishop (the first to be hung). This spell, or pact, was set into motion. Every generation thus forth from their children would be born around the same time, have children around the same time to continue the secret circle, and die around the same time. It was never on the exact same day for everyone, but sometimes the fates of those in Salem's circle fell upon the anniversary of their ancestor's execution. The title of High Priestess was passed down from generation to generation by the Bishop family to their current descendant at the time. Each generation could only birth one child to continue their legacy and prophetic nature, those who would take their spot once they perished in the Secret Circle.
Savannah Martin was one of those Witches.
Now that is Davina's great-great-whatever grandmother. Davina herself was born to Helena Martin due to a one night stand with her now-boyfriend Jackson, who she met during her school years in Salem. Helena was determined to never get married, of course; Keeping the name alive and what-not. Davina never understood that; What she did understand, was that the two were delighted when Davina was born, healthy and happy, on Jusy 1st of 2006.
She was born and raised in Salem; She had a few friends, one of her closest being Miriam Wildes; They've been friends since even before they were born, mostly due to the fact that their parents were friends as well. It was one sunny day when Davina was coming to meet Miriam to play one day, and saw her with a few other kids. She waited for a second, and saw fire coming from her tips... Now, usually Davina would be upset, or scared. She, instead, was extremely intrigued... And wanted Miriam to teach her. It took a few tires, but out of frustration and determination, she had finally gotten it the next day. Both of their mothers talked to them, and when they turned eleven, the girls were sent to Salem's Institute of Wizards.
Elena also told something to Davina before she left; There was something she'd have to figure out on her own, and she eventually would, but just to remember what Davina's grandmother used to do; Zone out for a minute or two at a time, while holding tightly on her necklace; The same necklace she gave Elena when her grandmother died. Elena then gave it to Davina, and with that, she was sent off.
for the first few years, it wasn't just Martin. It was Martin and Wildes! The two girls against the world. Eventually, they got other friends, though. Davina had made plenty with the Divination class nuts, especially when she figured out that she was a seer after she had a vision involving Miriam and a guy-- And it came true three weeks later. That confused her, so she sent an owl to her mother; her mother just told her it skips a generation. That made more sense... Davina never did notice anything strange from her mother.
So, the rest of her years were basic. She went on with her life, and after a friend suggested it, she met a wonderful girl named Isabella Bishop; The smartest and coolest girl she's ever met. Davina would have basically idolized her if they hadn't been friends. She knew her story, too, because just like with Miriam, their parents were friends as well. Isabella's mother always boasted about her daughter; The smart one (To which Miriam and Davina replied to continually with "Excuse you"), the one destined to be a leader. Davina knew it wasn't something Bishop wanted, but she really was a natural leader. Davina had multiple visions starring the woman, but never told her about these; She knew it wasn't something she'd want to hear.
With Sarah's suggestion, Davina started charging money for visions; That started when she had a vision about a fellow student, but wouldn't tell them (Her Divination teacher told her to never mess with the future.) and the guy offered money. At first, Davina wasn't going to take it, but she was talked into it.
From that day, it grew into a small business; She'd start faking visions for money as well. She even sometimes did it for muggles after she graduated.
Then she had an actual vision; Her first one in a while; Her getting off of a plane in London, England. Since she doesn't have visions all that often, she took this one very seriously. Unfortunately, that called for her to move. That's exactly what she did, no questions asked. She told her mother, and she said goodbye to her friends... She was gone the very next day.
In England, with the Vision calling her to Hogwarts, she moved there. She still wonders what she'll do for a job, but for now, she still works as a commercial Seer, faking visions for money.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Manipulative Flirtatious Impulsive Possessive Loyal Charming Creative Independent Sometimes pretends that people matter to her, when in reality she doesn't. When someone DOES matter to her, she is overprotective, and incredibly loyal.
At first glance, Davina is a charming girl who cares about people. She makes great first impressions, because she's calculating and she's manipulative... She knows what people want. Now from the first sentence, it seems as if she's a sociopath; She's not. She loves people, but she likes her job more. She's a wonderful actress, and it's amazing what she can do with some words and a fake stare. She's flirtatious, but doesn't like getting too close with people. She's creative, and she knows how to use that creativeness for her gain. She's also a great friend, because when she does get close with someone, despite her possessiveness and over-protectiveness, she's loyal. Extremely loyal. She's very impulsive on decisions. Whether it involves her or herself, when presented with a problem, she sees a way out, and she goes for it. She thinks everything else through, except when it comes to her and fear.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!) Seer
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 13(Two up for adoption) , 4 exotic (One is up for adoption) 11-3 not including those up for adoption
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.