A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
One of Donovan's major strength is his ability to detach himself from any given situation, whether this be physically, emotionally or mentally detached. Of course he's got the more useful strengths such as physical strength, a decent mind and a knack for being handy around the home, but his best one (in his opinion) is the detachment.
Besides the weaknesses of arrogance, too much determination and a tendency to not regard others' emotions, Donovan's biggest weakness is the fact that when he gets attached to something, he cares way too much. Say he gets attached to a pet and the pet passes away, he'll be a lot more distraught than the average person. While it can be an advantage as many people seem to like a sensitive guy, Donovan sees it as a major hindrance in his life.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Maybe his life hasn't played out exactly as he wanted it, being shunned by his whole community and the like, but he's content with it. He made a goal to live a normal life and he's achieved it and he's perfectly content with it. He can't complain, nor ask for anything more nor less.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Donovan is a very lazy person during the day, regardless if it's free or not. Since he works the night shift at one of the many bars of the wizarding world he's always busy so free days are usually spent lounging about or being asleep.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
He'd keep his favourite faux leather jacket, a bracelet his significant other got for him, a bracelet his adoptive daughter got him, a picture of his family and his wand, for obvious reasons.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
The fact that, even though it seems to be gone for the most part, blood supremacy still remains in certain areas of the wizarding society and thus he wishes to eradicate the view that pure-bloods are elite.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Blood supremacy, an idealogy that spans decades across the world, more intense in some places. Teo Xiaosheng was born into a magical community so intensely caught up on the idea of blood supremacy that those who believed otherwise were disowned, killed or (seen as the worst option) sent to makeshift correctional facilities in hopes of reshaping their views if they saw differently. Xiaosheng was doomed from the start. You see, he was born to one of the community's pure-blooded elites and a muggle man. His mother fell in love with him and promised to do everything in her path to protect him, convincing many in the clan that he was a pure-blood himself and as such, Xiaosheng and his younger sister Meirong were believed to be among the elite of the society with a type of magic so powerful some could only dream of having.
The family's facade worked perfectly for many years, so much so that they were even named as the ideal family by the head of the community and those around them strove to be like them. In the back of their parents' minds, however, was the fear that neither Xiaosheng or Meirong would inherit their mother's magical heritage and be safer than without. To their delight, Xiaosheng had his first magical experience when he was eight years old in which he made the flowers of the house bloom despite it being deep in the winter season. The family celebrated because one of their children would be safe from prosecution, or so they hoped.
Xiaosheng attended Mahoutokro for his wizarding education and, whilst there, many, many disastrous things happened. Firstly it was discovered that Meirong hadn't inherited such abilities and was promptly shunned by the community in the belief that she was a squib. Instead of disowning her or having her killed, the family sent her to live with her father's muggle family before proceeding to cut off contact with her for her own benefit. Knowledge of his father's heritage then broke out and soon, in his sixth year, Xiaosheng learnt that his mother had fled the community after his father was murdered and that she strongly advised that he never return for his own protection.
When he graduated, that's what he did. He settled in Beijing and proceeded to live a muggle life, reconnecting with his sister once more. He was happy for many years until, one fateful morning of nostalgia, he felt the urge to return to see how life had changed. He knew it was a risk, his mother vehemently disagreeing with it but he ventured on regardless. He managed to lie low in the community for a week - his appearance having changed significantly enough where he coudln't be detected. Sadly, however, he was caught and sent to one of the feared correctional facilities with hopes that he'd see how low he was for his blood status and that he'd find his place within the community.
He stayed at the facility for five years where he met a young Korean girl who had been sent for loving her squib brother. The two stuck together, forming an older brother/younger sister type relationship, promising each other that they'd try to escape one day. This escape came in the form of a routine walk - whilst the facility was horrific it relied on it's patients being in the best shape they could be and subsequently there were many walks to and in the fields that surrounded the building. The escape was gruelling and long but eventually they escaped after hazing those supervising them, managing to find a way back to Shanghai. Knowing they were in danger, the two bought tickets to the United Kingdom (with the help of Xiaosheng's mother, of course) and changed their names; Xiaosheng becoming Donovan and the two taking on the last name Oswald.
Donovan's lived in the UK for a year now and he's perfected his accent to the best of his abilities - there's still some definite hints of his former Beijing accent but, for the most part, one would believe he's lived in London all his life. He's gotten a job as a bartender and works to support himself and Chantelle and not rely so much on his mother's monthly donations.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Donovan's a very laid-back guy; forever stuck in the mentality of whatever happens happens and that most things happen for a reason. He's extremely humble too, given the fact he's had such a lavish life and continues to do so thanks to his mother's generous monthly donations. He's extremely open minded and finds a sense of enjoyment out of seeing things from the perspective of others. He's very much a social butterfly and has a seemingly endless amount of confidence that has grown since taking up his bartender job.
Despite this, Donovan does have anger issues. He never used to but in the past couple of years he's began to have his moments. Albeit they're few and far between, they're still there. He tries not to let anyone see them though, preferring to conceal them away - so much so that those who live with him have figured out that if a certain glass or mug goes missing or something's broken, it's the result of these issues. Donovan's also extremely stubborn and arrogant - if he doesn't want to do something, he's not doing it and that's final.
For the most part, Donovan is pleasant. Those around him will vouch and say he's a pleasure to be around. He very much suits being an adult - he's compassionate at the right times, independent but still caring about others and the ability to make rational decisions that concern his household.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-Blood, adoptive daughter is Chantelle Oswald (a char of mine to be made at a later, unspecified date.)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
No special abilities.
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He works as a bartender (the bar in question has not been decided yet).
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
He's currently seeing someone.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
His model is Godfrey Gao.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
Twelve, two exotic.
Template:Usewr:Jay Sea/sig13:25, October 15, 2016 (UTC)