A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
A strength would be how likable he can be. Eden can mingle with almost anyone and know exactly what to say, if he ends up flirting in the process well then isn't that just a bonus? As for a weakness his personality would definitely be the biggest one. Having essentially three different personalities depending on the situation isn't necessarily a good thing and he definitely needs to work on trying to find a happy medium between the three so he doesn't look like such a fake person.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Well as of right now the first goal he wants to complete is to finish Hogwarts. Although his older brother ended up fine, he told Eden not to drop out like he did. Because of that he wants to do his best to make his brother proud and finish school.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
An ideal way to spend a free day for him would be going to the beach and then proceeding to do some form of sport. Whether it be quidditch or a muggle sport such as soccer or basketball. Both the beach and sports relax him, and he gets to go swimming if he goes to the beach. Who doesn't love swimming?
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
1) His wand - For obvious reasons
2) Cell Phone - He has to keep in touch with people somehow
3) Laptop - It is literally his life, Tumblr anyone?
4) Clothes - As much as he loves himself, he doesn't feel like being naked 24/7
5) His fridge - Bae af and he needs food
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
There isn't much he would change, there was a brief period of time however where he thought that maybe a university for those to continue their wizarding studies might be useful.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
He'd prefer to be in Ravenclaw to be perfectly honest, he holds the characteristics of a Ravenclaw student. Well at least he thinks he does. He's rather smart but not scary smart and he relies on his wit quite often. As for a house he doesn't really want to be in there isn't really any, the other three he's just neutral towards.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Living alone in his brother's flat with nothing more than a nanny to look after him probably wasn't the best decision for Eden, after all it has somewhat negatively impacted his personality. Since living alone essentially, Eden has really taken great joy in the fact that he can pretty much do whatever he wants. He often leaves the flat looking like a hurricane had gone through it and leaves it all for his nanny to clean up. More or less, Eden is living like a bachelor at a very young age.
But what happens in the flat stays in the flat as the Eden that he displays to the outside world is almost a completely different person. Bar the somewhat regular innuendo themed jokes and the immaturity around friends, Eden can flip the switch in his brain telling him to behave like a civilized human being. He can easily become a well mannered and respectful young boy who appears to be of a snobby rich family (which he used to be). He'd be happy to help anyone near him and would do it for nothing less than a smile.
Although he doesn't show it much, being that there aren't many wizarding sports, Eden is extremely athletic. If he had it his way he would be on every sports team under the sun, and to be perfectly honest he's skilled enough in most to do so. With that being said Eden tends to fall into the stereotypical jock behaviour, when he isn't trying to impress people with his good boy attitude he can be rather abrasive and rude. It's mostly unintentional, but part of him does enjoy the feeling of being top shit. With being a jock comes the stereotypical charmer behaviour as well. If he sees something he likes, he'll turn on the charm and become a major flirt or if he wants something from someone he'll flirt it up. Hell, Eden just likes flirting with everyone and anyone.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
With their parents immigrating from South Korea to England, Lana and Danny Jang who both belonged to long pure-blood lines of Korean wizards and witches grew up in Bristol, England. Both had promising careers in the Ministry of Magic and they decided to get married young and live together for a few years before they had any children. Throughout this time period they managed to accumulate enough money to support a child comfortably and on June 14th Lana gave birth to a bouncing baby boy whom they named Bryce. Although they lived and functioned well as a family unit of three, Lana was eager to have a second child so Bryce could have a natural life long friend. And quite some years later, little Eden was born. From that, the functional family unit life continued on as normal.
Lana and Danny's arguments started out as simple disagreements over the children's schoolings. Whilst Lana was keen to have them attend a muggle school so they'd be educated for wizarding schools and have a backup in case either of them turned out to be a squib, Danny was against it as he believed his children had no need for muggle education and that it was pointless wasting his funds if Lana chose a private school to enroll Eden and Bryce in. These disagreements escalated into bigger problems concerning issues such as finances as Lana was stuck at her mid-position whilst Danny was in a higher paying job yet the family saw very little of the money. After the arguments the marriage reached an irreversible point, Danny walked out on the family, leaving them financially crippled.
For Lana to advance to the next stage in her own career she was required to retake some of her O.W.L.S, causing her to go back to school for a short while in order to do so. No matter how long it took, she always had time for her children and although most of her income at the new position went to paying the various bills, she always made sure she had some spare for Eden and Bryce.
The money issue never seemed to faze Eden, after all for most of his childhood life he was incapable of grasping such a mature issue. Bryce being a whole thirteen years older than Eden, he never really understood just how much Bryce did for him. Bryce had even dropped out of Hogwarts just to help Lana in supporting Eden financially, something Eden didn't realize until it was too late to say thank you. By the time Eden was five years old and Bryce was eighteen, the older had already moved out.
It wasn't long after Bryce left that Lana remarried. The lucky fellow was a director who brought in large sums of cash for the family, John Merlin was the name. Having two kids of his own, a seven year old daughter and a twelve year old boy, Eden was once again the baby in a large family. Though all was not well in the younger ranks of the family, being Asian while his step-siblings were white was not ideal. They often teased him for looking different, being so young at the time none of them really grasped the concept. Eventually things worked themselves out, but nothing would compare to having an actual brother like Bryce, whom Eden didn't hear from for years to follow.
Life was simply put, just fine. Sure the family had money but what good was it if Eden didn't go out enough to use it? He didn't have many friends either, growing up in a predominantly white neighbourhood proved difficult for him in the making friends department. Not to mention he was also deemed a freak after he shattered a window in school just by looking at it when he was nine. Little did he know that it was his magical abilities coming in. Lana of course already going through such things herself as well as with Bryce, knew what was happening but decided to keep it a secret for as long as she could.
For the following two years it was held as a secret, but when it came time for enrollment into Hogwarts, Lana spilled the beans and told Eden everything. Within a few weeks he was enrolled into Hogwarts and well on his way to the castle where he was sorted into the house of ___. Hogwarts life was much easier on Eden than muggle school, after all he no longer was the only "freak" nor was he the only Asian.
Years of Hogwarts life had passed and just before his fourth year, Bryce had finally reached out to Eden. A not so long story made even shorter, Bryce informed Eden that the reason he cut himself off from the family because of their mom letting him struggle financially on his own while being married to a rich husband. He also told him that he was living in Paris with his now wife Piper Jung and that if need be Eden could move into his flat in the UK and Bryce would pay for a nanny of sorts to watch him. This then became Eden's regular life, following in his brother's footsteps, Eden essentially cut himself off from the family. Only talking to Lana a few times a month, sometimes every other month. Eden was content with only staying in touch with Bryce.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Model: Moon Bin
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Pure-Blood with no relations
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
No special abilities
6) What year is your character in?
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?