Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) Ed is charismatic, dauntless, and adventerous. Ed loves trying new things and being outside of the box. He isn't afraid to change his ways or try something new. He hopes to one day visit every continent and travel to as many countries as he can before he dies. Ed has learned how to speak Spanish and is currently taking online courses to learn German. Ed is quite extraverted and makes friends fairly easily with his easygoing attitude. He is empathetic with people and is always the shoulder to lean on. Ed can comfort people easily with his positive and forgiving personality. However, this can get him in trouble sometimes. Ed always sees the best in people, no matter how terrible they are and tends to trust people too easily. Ed himself is very trustworthy and is always the best friend you'd tell all your secrets too. Ed is the mediator in the relationship with his brother. He tends to always be the one keeping Eli from doing stupid things and is one of the few people who can knock some sense into him. Ed will do anything for his friends and family, and always wants the best for others rather than himself.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Edmund Clarence Neil Winchester was born on April 3 in London, England to Anastasia Winchester just 7 minutes before his twin brother, Elijah. The twins' father, Mason King, had left long before they were born. Anastasia and Mason met at Hogwarts in their 7th Year. Mason was Slytherin and Anastasia a Gryffindor. They were an odd couple, but worked nontheless. Shortly after graduating, they moved in together. It wasn't long until Anastasia became pregnant with the twins. Mason didn't hesitate to pack up his bags and leave Anastasia behind along with his future children. He claimed that he wasn't ready for such a commitment and fled. Anastasia decided that she would raise her children on her own, regardless of how difficult it would be seeing as she had no other support and was living off a meager job at the Hog's Head. Anastasia completely underestimated how difficult this would prove to be once Ed and Eli were born. She had not predicted how hard it would make her life, let alone the fact that she had given birth to not one, but two children. Anastasia had to start working extra shifts just to be able to provide for her family. It was at this time that her sister, Isabelle, decided to step in to help. Isabelle is a squib herself, as her and Anastasia's parents were both wizards. Isabelle was always there to look after Ed and Eli while their mother was out working. Ed and Eli always knew that they were wizards from the start, seeing as they come from a long line of Pure-Blood wizards with the exception of their Aunt Isabelle. It was only confirmed when the two were five. They were eating breakfast as usual with their aunt at the head of the table. Ed and Eli were in the middle of an argument. Eli had levitated a pitcher of orange juice to spill on Ed's head. In response, Ed's anger made a raw egg sitting on the countertop to do the same as it cracked over his brother's head, making them both look like a mess.
All was well in their lives up until Anastasia started to take advantage of her sister's help for all the wrong reasons. Anastasia started using any extra tips she got to go out and get herself drunk. It wasn't bad at first, but as time progressed, Anastasia got more and more addicted to the alcohol coursing through her viens. Isabelle wasn't blind to her sister's state. She knew full well what Ana was doing, but no matter how many times she tried to talk to her, Anastasia wouldn't listen. She kept coming home drunk in the early morning. Isabelle was intent on hiding Ana's condition from the twins, and would always cover for her. Isabelle was always there to tell them it would all be okay. Anastasia started to resent herself for ever giving birth to the twins. She believed that if she hadn't decided to keep them, she would still be with Mason working an actual job and living a happy life. It all got too much for the woman to handle. On October 22 when Ed and Eli were six-years-old, Anastasia committed suicide. Isabelle was quick to take Ed and his twin brother in.
This changed Ed. Although he was too young to understand at the time, as he got older everything became clear to him. Ed grieved for his mother for months and used to sit and wait for her to come home, waiting for someone to tell him that it was all a joke and Anastasia is in fact still alive. Ed loved his mother with all his heart and still has trouble talking about her. However, his brother was not as devoted to their bother as Ed was. Eli grew to be resentful of his mother despite Ed's efforts to convince him that Anastasia was an honorable person. He believed that there is nothing honorable about running from your problems. This lead to the biggest fight Ed and Eli have ever had to this day. One day, Eli finally lost his temper and lashed out at Ed. Eli refused to sit around, pity his dead mother, and blame it on himself. Eli could only see red as rage took over him. He was sick of everyone talking about what an amazing woman his mother was. Ed was almost as furious, but at Eli. How could he disrespect their mother like that? Ed couldn't believe that his brother was being so disrespectful to their dead mother. Ed refused to talk to Eli for a whole month until they finally caved in. They were quick to forgive each other, but Ed was still firm of his belief. Ed grew to think of Isabelle as more of a mother than Anastasia had ever been. She had seen him at his best and at his worst. Isabelle was there for all the important moments in Ed's life. She was there for him through thick and thin. Isabelle was there when Ed opened his Hogwarts letter. Ed and Eli both began to call her Mum when he was about seven or so. Her and Eli always did and will always have a special place in his heart. Eli more so than anyone, however. Everything that Ed goes through, Eli does too. Eli is Ed's other half. He wouldn't be able to live without him. Despite their multiple differences and arguments, Ed loves Eli more than anything. Although he never really tells him that, he truly means it. Ed his Eli's rock and Eli is his, and he wouldn't be able to function properly without his twin, no matter how obnoxious he can be.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Ed's model is Finn Harries.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Ed is a Pure-Blood wizard and is twin brother of Eli Winchester.
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!) No special abilities.
11) What year is your character in? 6th Year
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry) Ravenclaw
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises) No preference
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? I have ten other characters, none of which are exotic.
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below. Central Standard Time -6
Number of A's: 0
Number of B's: 1
Number of C's: 3
Number of D's: 1
- Could you please add his first magical signs? And how he reacted to it?