The Open-Ended Questions
A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- strengths: bright, conscientious, persistent
- weaknesses: antisocial, cynical, stubborn
- ellie is bright in the sense that she is intellectual in a way her siblings aren't, she is hardly bright in demeanor - her conscientious nature relates to when it comes to finding things out, rather than when it comes to making efforts to socialise with her family or even the few she may consider "friends." persistence could be considered annoying, but it helps her achieve her goals, so she prefers to categorise it as a strength. however, she has a general dislike of people, and a tendency to view everything negatively - and if she believes she is right, she will never - EVER - back down, which is never good when it comes to arguments.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
- just to make herself feel content - to do something that means something to herself first and foremost, before she even starts thinking about other people; to make herself comfortable in her own skin and happy with how she's spending her one existence on this earth. to be able to learn and understand things adults say are too big or complex for her. to come to terms with who she is and what she can do - and maybe, just a little bit of her, searches and craves to love and to be loved.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- in her room, by herself, with her pet cat and a book. cats are easier to deal with than people, and the worst things books can do is give you a paper cut. people can wound you in other ways even when they don't mean to, which is why she's always more wary around them. she might go wandering around the forest in search of tranquility and peace of mind - perhaps find a spot for some mindful meditating. but being alone is a must on her ideal day.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- her wand ; (it enables her)
- her copy of a brief history of time by stephen hawking ; (books are good company)
- her ipod + headphones, for atmosphere ; (music is inspiration)
- her copy of on writing by stephen king ; (another book)
- a booklet of philosophical quotes she's been working on, handwritten (something held close to her heart)
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- probably the fact that there's not enough priority on research and science and so much emphasis on the famous quidditch players these days. because their body is physically fit, does that make them better than a well-trained mind?
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
- ellie just doesn't want to be in slytherin because she's heard bad things about it. her personal preference would be gryffindor so she can keep an eye on blake - but she knows at the same time she probably doesn't fit there.
The Sorting Quiz
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
The Character's Background
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- eleanor lich is a naturally antisocial young woman who shies away from facial expression and tone of voice in favour of the neatly inked written word. words can have so much more consideration and thought put into them; they can have a tendency to be so much more emotional. a lot of thought goes into every move she makes, meaning she might be slow to make a decision, or reluctance to participate in some crazy stunt you just thought of.
- ellie is a bright, hardworking girl who likes to focus on the intellectual, who will never give up until she has some answers to her mind's burning questions. a girl who will climb mountains and do anything to find clarification. however, she views things, and people, negatively at first - she is meticulous at picking out flaws and mistakes mostly in herself, but also in others, too. her pensive nature often pushes people away - but if you ask her questions, she'll light up and explain the answers with such vigour you'd never believe it came from her.
- she sees the beauty of the outdoors but won't use it for sport like those she grew up with. she is meticulous in organisation (except when it comes to taking books back to the library), and she often gets in trouble at home for leaving lights on to read - or, at school it seems, breaking curfew, or doing something that could be considered wrong to get an answer to something she wanted to know. she's quiet when it comes to social interaction, but in class she will buzz - and if you get her on the right subject, she won't stop.
- ellie speaks with a philosophical calm - young face, old soul. she sounds experienced, even though most of her experience is learned more than seen.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Eleanor Lich is the youngest surviving child of TJ and Adelaide Lich, bar one younger sibling - Blake. The two parents, who now find themselves parenting a sizeable brood of children, met through their more sporty line of work; TJ a player, and Adelaide a manager. They started seeing each other not long after their first meeting, and it felt like a fairytale to them, so much so that it was not long until their first child Daku was born. Eleanor, who has gone by "Ellie" since she could express her desire to be called such, likes to say there were a few children between him and her, and there were two after her, Blake, and Lillian.
- Ellie had always felt somewhat excluded from her family - they loved to surf, and to do anything related to the outdoors and sport. Bar exploring the forest for the beauty of nature and the peace it brings, Ellie has never related to that same kind of adrenaline. Ellie's first sign of magic was locking the doors and windows in the house to keep them inside to watch a film with her - her more quiet brand of social interaction. A stark contrast to her sister's more blatant, obvious first signs.
- Another stark difference between Ellie and the rest of the Lich family was a clear preference for academics over more vocational options. She's been reading over sport for some time now; the only practical activity she'll be doing is for research, she's made that much clear. While she wishes she had some form of talent for Quidditch to make her family proud - she just let them get on with what they were good at, which somewhat decreased her closeness to them.
- Being packed up to England was a scary experience for Ellie. She appreciated the work opportunity for her father but didn't want to leave Australia where she had always called home. However, she quickly settled into the colder climate - and found that there was the equally mysterious places in England where she could call her peaceful, private places. Losing her youngest sister Lillian was a hard blow to her but it only increased how protective she was of Blake.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
- Her FC is Aurora.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- 7 / 1
- Please elaborate on #1 of the short-answer questions. :)
'Cause your dream in life is to be a footballer's wife. 19:56, April 23, 2017 (UTC)
'Cause your dream in life is to be a footballer's wife. 20:05, April 23, 2017 (UTC)