A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Elliott is valiant and chivalrous, being polite and gentleman-like. However, Elliott is also opinionated and ill-informed, leaving him to be incredibly ignorant.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
It's barely even 'played out' yet. Seriously, give the kid a break. Currently, he's working at La Lune Bleue as a bartender, which is certainly not his favorite job. Originally, he had wanted to join the Aurors, but he can't do that with the rise of the Rebellion and his family's support of the Rebellion. It annoys him, but Elliott hopes to fulfill some sort of dream soon.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Elliott enjoys working to keep his time. It's also partially because flirting with the young women who come up to the bar is always a good pastime. In reality, he would love to do something else with his time, but there just isn't much to do.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Elliott genuinely couldn't care less. His wand would be nice, but he can always get a new one.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Elliott likes it how it is, although he would certainly prefer it if all of these werewolves and part-vampires and part-veelas and part-banshees and part-giants and part-nymphs and part-whatevers shouldn't be allowed to attend public wizarding schools. Personally, they should just stay from school altogether or maybe have their own school to attend.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
An older audio tape is heard making fuzzy sounds, disturbing the contents within it. An eighteen year old man can be made out through the poor quality of the tape.
"I'm Elliott George Barnaby Selwyn, third son and fourth child of Demetrius Selwyn and Isadora Selwyn née Abbott. My family is a part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, which is something my brave soul with commit to. I was born on March 2nd of 2015 in England, marking my time to be another Pure-Blood in the world of disgusting traitors. Before my nurturing gets the best of me, my genuine self can't believe that to be true, but don't let my parents hear me mutter those words.
"Being raised in a Pure-Blooded household is incredibly easy, in my personal opinion. Everything was practically handed over to me, but that didn't mean that I wasn't raised to be a hard worker. However, with a richer family, you get a lot of bulls*t that maybe you don't deserve, but that didn't stop me from welcoming all that cr*p in. Even with two living parents and three successful children (one particular child isn't as successful, let's say), there was always plenty of money to drift between us. It always caused me much trouble with friends and relationships and I can't say that's really changed.
"When we were all younger, it was common for us to frequent the estates of other supposedly Pure-Blooded families. When you think about it, a disturbing fact is that most of them are probably our relatives in one way or another. However, we started our time at Hogwarts with the thought that we would get to meet new friends outside of that bubble. I was sorted into Gryffindor, being the only family member to do so in a long time. I befriended most of the fellow Gryffindors and dated most of the Gryffindor girls, whether they were of Pire-Blood descent or not.
"My magical capabilities were relatively average, but I was certainly talented in certain subjects. I participated in a Frog Choir separate from Hogwarts, who lost theirs years ago. My original plan had been to join the Aurors; but with my family's support of the Rebellion, it's near impossible for me to do at this point in time. After recently graduating from Hogwarts, I'm taking up a bartender position at La Lune Bleue for now, but I'm also trying to score a position at St. Mungo's to keep my money supply up. I'm not too worried about it, because I've got a lot more on my plate than getting money to add on top of my parents' money."
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Elliott loves anything cheesy, whether foods, pick-up lines, or puns. He's certainly a cheeky little charmer, if you had to describe him in any which way. He's courageous and chivalrous, being the perfect definition of that Gryffindor student. As a Gryffindor, it was always difficult for him to accept not being a part of the Slytherin house. However, his purity never meant enough to him to cause him to be in such a demanding Hogwarts house.
Although Elliott might seem like the good sweetheart his parents see him to be, he's actually the definition of the typical young man. While he's strongly opinionated and stubborn, he's also known for jumping to conclusions and being ill-informed of material he talks about. He pays attention to false statistics and polls. He takes propaganda as pure truth. It's why he's so fierce on his hatred against creatures attending Hogwarts, although he really doesn't hate them that much in reality.
Elliot is a good guy with bad habits. Especially with his smoking and drinking, which he keeps primarily hidden from his family (mostly his parents), which will lead him to an unhealthy life. His beliefs typically contradict each other, because he wants equality yet hates certain minorities. Although he might be trying to get better in more ways than one, he's still struggling with his own hypocritical and instinctive behavior that can cause a lot of trouble. He would much prefer everybody looks at him as the smooth-talking romantic that he is.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Bartender at La Lune Bleue.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Single, No Offspring.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
His FC is Ben Hardy.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?