1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Someone won't truly get the real side of Elodie until she's decided their decently close. Although she's much of an extrovert and is always willing to engage in conversations, she doesn't let people into her close friend circle very often. She's the person to go a party and not know anyone... Yet doesn't even bother to get close with someone. She'll stick to small talk, dancing, and alcohol. If she and someone were to be firstly meeting, she'd definitely be as sweet as possible... And they'll know if she believes the two are close if she can casually be sassy or jokingly mean to them. There's also a teddy bear side to her that only close friends may ever see.
Being loyal has always been important to Elodie. She could never turn her back on a friend, and believes they would do the same. (This can also make Elodie naive at times, but she's not had that issue much in her life.) So, if a loved one or best friend needs help hiding a dead body, no questions asked and Elodie would do it. She's also really protective of people close to her, and doesn't care about getting into a little trouble to show bullies and assholes what's up. A little spell cast? Maybe throwing in a little punch? Well, it serves the dick right for being mean to Elodie's friend.
Although she tries to hide it, Elodie is really sensitive. She takes things to heart more often than not. She doesn't care what people think of her in the slightest. Hate her? Keeping hatin' then, Elodie doesn't give a damn. So, mean words from people like them aren't he ones that hurt. It's ones from people Elodie loves. Even if it's just criticism, she can't help herself and feel like she let someone down a little bit. And feeling like she let down someone she loves is the worst feeling.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
No one would know who had taken the baby to the orphanage only a week after her birth. Just a young infant found right outside the Lil Bundles door. She was actually the child of a young witch who had only recently graduated Hogwarts, and had became pregnant after a messy night. Even the father was unknown. After not being able to take care of her baby - and being put to shame by all her family - the baby was anonymously taken to a place where she would be cared for properly... Even being adopted by a caring family that would take much more care than the unknown mother could.
This hope of being adopted into a happy family would actually come true when Elodie - a name she was given quite a while ago - was five. She was adopted by Rylan and Louie Sutcliffe, a married and pure-blooded couple. The Sutcliffes were never a very popularly known pure-blood family, usually most staying away from too much power. In fact, Louie and Rylan's jobs both had nothing to do with power or ministry. Rylan owned a small bookstore, while Louie himself was a writer. So, Elodie didn't grow up like some other pure-blooded children in families had... She didn't even know what blood status she was herself. As well as having four adopted siblings as well.
Elodie's first magical incident was something the family liked to laugh about often in the future. Her brothers, Florian and Daniel, had been picking on her for some stupid and forgettable reason. Though, Elodie genuinely still got hurt about it, and it wasn't long until Florian and Daniel seemed to have just stuck together. They couldn't separate until some time later, leading them all somewhat confused even if they did know about magic. Though, it did lead Elodie to receive a Hogwarts letter the summer before school.
Sorted into Hufflepuff, Elodie was unsure how she felt about it at first. She had done a decent amount of research, causing her to believe that Slytherin, Gryffindor, and even Ravenclaw seemed a lot more cool than Hufflepuff. Yet, Elodie soon realized the love for her house... And how it fit her quite well. Because Ravenclaw very much would not have suited her. Also in school, Elodie was decently popular. She made a crap ton of friends, went to parties (oof, alcohol was wild), and overall was living her best life. No, she wasn't the smartest of the class or the one who never got in trouble or even the one who always got in trouble... Yet, she still enjoyed her school years.
The only problem Elodie really ever had, was figuring out what she wanted to do in life after graduating school. In fact, she still didn't have a clue once she did graduate. So, instead of finding a job right away like a lot of her fellow classmates did, she took out the savings she had from school and traveled some for a year. Fun, right? Not the normal, yes, but it was something Elodie had always dreamed of doing. So, she traveled all over for a year. America, Germany, France, etc. It was just a year of Elodie being... Well, Elodie. She didn't work and have someone telling her stuff to do all the time (although budgets still could be hard at times without a job). It was definitely all fun, but it wasn't hard for Elodie to make the decision to come back. She had missed her family tons, and it seemed like she probably wanted to be as close as possible with them... With these new policies and everything. So, she found herself a cheap apartment while also looking for a small job as well.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
Unknown blood status but doesn't care nevertheless, Related to the Langston family
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Elodie doesn't have much ideas job-wise planned out. Probably work at a store of some sort.
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
Help convince someone to do things... Or she's decent at making people laugh, too.
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
Not an office. Ew. Plus, Elodie doesn't like a lot of authority.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
Depends on the day, honestly.
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
Caring too much what friends and family may expect of her.
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
Ash wood, 10', phoenix feather