23:53, October 16, 2018 (UTC)
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- Emersyn's misfortunes has taken it's toll on her psyche. Though while growing up, she was an extroverted child, and loved to laugh and play, that girl was gone along with the death of her sister. Nowadays, Emersyn is more reserved than anything. Though she misses interacting with people, and having fun, just generally being a child, Emersyn also sees everything through dull-colored glasses. Though she is a friendly person, she can't spend too long with other people and keep up a 'facade' of brightly-colored clouds in the sky. She still loves to do certain things - Like read, or watch bugs on the floor. That's the side of her that the everyday people do not ever see.
- Emersyn has a cold shoulder, and a hard exterior. It's not that she isn't easy to get to know, it's just that she has a wall. One clearly meant to keep people out. So while she has that sweet face, and that welcoming grin, she's just scared of people. Not in the agoraphobic sense, but rather, of them getting too close. Not only does she not want anyone to get hurt, but she's also had enough pity to last an entire lifetime, and then some. Though really, apprehensiveness is one of the very few things she can feel with full affect. Her emotions are, if nothing, dulled. She still enjoys some things, but not to the extent she used to. Emersyn realises this, and misses it intensely. Occasionally, she even seems a bit jealous of those who can express their emotions and feel them deeply. But she doesn't let this affect her too much. Emersyn is good at brushing things off; She never holds a grudge, and never takes anything too personally. She's also seemingly a bit naive, a bit too trustful, but she herself is also very trustworthy. Trust, in fact, is one of the most important things to her.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- Her mother and father were perfectly normal until the mother cheated on him. When the father found out she had cheated, he snapped. Took her out for dinner, and she was never seen again. He had simply told his children, Emersyn and her twin Ember, that she had simply disappeared, and would not be coming back. From the ages of 3 to 9. the girls would never know exactly what happened. Emersyn is still even a little confused by it. How could somebody be so evil and underhanded, and then lie about it. Still, the girls grew up without a mother, and every woman who came into their lives, who had always looked somehow a bit like David's wife, never stayed long despite his tendency to throw everything he has into these new relationships. Oftentimes he would even neglect and ignore his two children. Usually the breakups were hard, mostly because their father would do everything in his power not to let them leave. Occasionally, cops were called. Occasionally, he was thrown into jail. Somehow, he never stayed there for very long.
- The girls knew never the better. When their father disappeared for a couple days on end, the girls simply stayed with their aunt Meghan. Their aunt knew no more. A simple business trip, or maybe just time to get away from the girls who, day by day, looked more like the lovely Lara Holland. It wasn't until they turned 8 that their father started to find it difficult to spend any time with his two daughters. Until one day, he snapped. Mother's eyes, mother's hair, mother's laugh.... Was clearly all too much for him.
- Ember was to be first. Really, the only difference between the girls was the eyes- Ember's being a tinier bit more empathetic, more... Blue. He moved when they were asleep- Aunt Meghan had no inkling of the events to happen. Emersyn woke up to the smell of blood and copper, and a wetness when she reached for her sister. Something snapped her into being alert, and she was lucky to get enough of a reaction time to see her father coming at her with an already bloodied knife.
- To this day, Emersyn doesn't know if it was pure luck, or if it was some sort of magical force that stopped David Holland in his tracks. But whatever it was, she could see the utter anger and disgust grow in his eyes as he struggled to move his own body. She prays to God every day, thankful she had enough time to grab a phone and call her aunt Meghan, who had called the police, and was on her way. She was almost unable to believe her eyes when she had come across the scene. Her own brother had been incarcerated, put into cuffs and thrown into the back of a car. Even the police thought it a complete miracle; It was unlikely for Emersyn to survive such a thing without a scratch. But it didn't do much favors for her psyche. Meghan had to pry her away from her cold sister's body so they could take her away. The 8 year old was completely inconsolable.
- At the funeral, it was clear the event had taken a toll on her. Emersyn was angry. She couldn't cry anymore. The event had taken too much emotion from her. Throughout the entire trial set against her father, she was angry. It wasn't until almost a year later that she finally got a little bit of closure. Her father was a murderous bastard - Aunt Meghan said it herself. Multiple times. Emersyn doesn't know if she thinks it makes her feel better, but she always told her, "Yes. I already know that." But when the information came out that not only did he murder Ember Holland, but his wife, and Emersyn's mother, Lara Holland as well. That's when everything came down to a bit of a crash for her.
- Emersyn essentially began distancing herself from everyone. The only time she ever really showed emotions is when she was forced to see her father one time before he was sent off to spend the rest of his life in jail. All the anger came boiling out when he began to talk about Lara. He just wanted to tell Emersyn one thing before he was gone forever - "She was magical." He barely got that out before something prevented him from speaking, and he started puking... Slugs. She was quickly pulled out of the room, and she's never seen David Holland since. When she got back home with Aunt Meghan, she was greeted by a man claiming to be able to explain everything. Meghan allowed it, and that is when Emersyn found out that Lara Holland was a Witch, and so was she.
- Emersyn had attended Hogwarts school of wizardy. She had been sorted into Slytherin, and for the entirety of the time at school, she made 'friends', but none she were very close to, If not only to appease Meghan. Really, she was more of a loner than anything. She always came off as cold and unappealing to others, which was fine. She had spent her time more or less studying the new world around her. While there were many interesting things, one of them stuck to her the most -- Aurorship. Helping people. Since she didn't want what happened to her to happen to anyone else, it seemed like a no brainer to her. She studied with the goal to become an Auror. Now graduated, she decides to take her first step and apply.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
- Her model is Kat Dennings
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
- She's a half-blood
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
- No magical abilities
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
- She aims to become an Auror.
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
Please note, I do not have any other characters currently that I use, but since this is my first character since I cleaned out, I still do not consider her my 'first' character. That being said, I'm still going to stick with not having any exotics until I have reached the number to which exotics are allowed for newcomers.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
See the note above.
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?