1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Eugene is arrogant and pompous. He has a lot self confidence when it comes to his own looks and abilities, but his lacking in skills and putting the effort into making himself better means he is self conscious of his flaws. He is a kind person most of the time, just not loyal to anyone that isn't one of his 'bros' aka his male friends. He's not sexist, but simply isn't ever looking for love, just a good time, and breaks the hearts of those that expect more from him.
He has a lot of knowledge of wizarding society after having grown up in a wealthy half-blood family, but has a spoilt attitude from being the youngest child as well who was given everything he wanted at a young age. He is very gifted in the dueling and specifically in charms, but never advanced far as he never tried to hone these abilities, rather relying on instinct and prowess than strategy and knowledge. He tends to come off very loud and rambunctious, but when he is not in the public eye he will be friendly, funny and spin some fantastical tales.
He isn't malicious in nature or cruel, his home-life left him with the impression that he could get away with bad behavior and do nothing wrong, but reality hit him over the head with going to Hogwarts and being disciplined bu his grandmother. He doesn't even make the effort to prank or make fun of people, but his stort temper will make him act out at times if confronted. Once you get past your negative first impression, you do see he is a decent guy so long as there aren't pretty women around to try to impress.
Beautiful women has always been a hang up for him, being that he can be easily manipulated by them and he will act very forward in his approach to them. Yet his experiences with the female sex has meant he has tried to teach other men how to flirt, how to seduce and how to...have fun with them. He genuinely wants other men to be better in their approach and gets a kick out of putting them into uncomfortable situations to force them to become more self-confident. No matter the situation, his intent is always to build people up instead of bring them down.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each. Eugene grew up in Oslo, Norway to a very wealthy family. Being the youngest of three brothers there was never a lot for pressure to preform greatly or to aim high as he was the secondary-spare heir to the family business. He was often mollycoddled by his parents as the baby of the family, having never needed to do chores or earn anything. This light handed upbringing lead to arrogance at a young age with him fighting with his brothers often when they wouldn't do as he would tell them to.
This tendency to fight his brothers is how his first appearance of magic began, when he was six he was dog piled by his brothers and pushed them off with such force, both had large bruises where Eugene's hands had touched them. That experience followed with him breaking windows when he screamed for a toy, or him burning a new sweater he didn't like for Christmas. Finally it was his grandmother that really began disciplining Eugene hard, giving him time outs, taking away toys, and even punishing him for not doing basic things like tidying his room.
By the time he recieved his Hogwarts letter he'd matured a bit, becoming less childish yet still as arrogant as ever. So during his first year he became known for getting into fights and wanting to join the dueling club even though he wasn't old enough at the time. He was gifted in the Charms classes as well as Transfiguration, receiving high marks in his first year, but his other subjects, especially potions lagged behind in classes. It was in his second year he joined the dueling club, besting all in his year and some in third year too. The classes were more difficult in the second year and so his marks weren't as high as before in Charms and Transfiguration.
The following years his dueling and Charms grades improved but he kept lagging in the other classes. His brother Flynn tried to convince him to study more and even offered to help to tutor him in his subjects. Unfortunately Eugene didn't listen, they ended up in a big argument and both walking away furious at the exchange of words. Eugene knew that Flynn was right, that he spent more time 'chasing tail' and refining his spells than actually studying the subjects he was doing poorly in. What made matters worse is his parents were putting pressure on him to do better at school, for even they could tolerate only so much from their youngest son before there would be serious consequences.
All of it lead to him not graduating in the 7th year and dropping out of Hogwarts. He was mocked and ridiculed by his former classmates as he left, friendships he'd thought were genuine, were in fact just surface deep and now with him failing Hogwarts he was also leaving behind a tarnished reputation for laziness and stupidity. This failure to graduate Hogwarts lead his parents cutting him from the family funds, leaving him penniless in Diagon Alley, all because he wouldn't put in the effort to learn more skills and he was overly confident in his abilities till reality hit him.
It was while he was sitting on a bench, wallowing in misery with a trunk filled with everything he owned, that luck finally shined on him. A young man man walked out of a book store nearby and saw Eugene, this young man was Sebastian Fletcher. Never being one to walk by a person in need, even if it was a stranger, Sebastian talked to Eugene and learnt his story. After sharing a couple of pies and chips at a cafe, Eugene was offered a room at Sebastian's place to help him with his projects.
Now he lives with Sebastian Fletcher, who took pity on his situation, and is currently unemployed.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Ron van Leeuwen
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He doesn't work currently
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs. I have one other character Sebastian Fletcher Muggle-born Wizard
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at? Combat, Dueling and Charms, kinda good in Transfiguration if he put in the effort to learn
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field? He would prefer being indoors with people but doesn't mind being in the field so long as he has company. Basically he doesn't like to be working alone.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion? He is passionate about winning, being bigger, stronger, more attractive and impressive than everyone else
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie? Self consciousness about his low skills and that he is in truth a looser
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them? Holly wand, with Veela hair core, 11 inches Seeing as Eugene is temperamental and his temper can flare he is perfectly suited to the wand core as well as the Holly as it will help to control his emotions, while fitting with a future spiritual journey to be less arrogant, less temperamental and more modest.
Hi there! Could you please add another seven sentences to your personality? The minimum is fourteen and it is currently at seven. Thank you!
No worries, is this better?
I'm so sorry but could you also add about six more sentences to your history? It stands at 15 whilst the minimum is 21. But other than that, it looks good!
Alright, I made the history a bit longer with more context.
Looks fine from my standpoint.