A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- + she's perceptive, progressive, empathetic
- - she's not been able to gain independence from her parents, feels like she lacks the confidence to do it
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
- She kind of figured she'd been handed off to some rich pure-blood, be forced to be a stay-at-home wife/mother, and manage her family's wealth, but that hasn't happened so far, which is quite good.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- Maybe shopping in Paris, or spending it in a lowkey environment like a cafe, reading a good novel.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Her wand - Without magic, she'd be nothing.
- A diamond necklace from her paternal great-grandmother, passed onto the first daughter of each generation.
- Access to her family's wealth. Money gets you everywhere nowadays.
- Her accessories. She has an assortment of them, and they're all expensive and beautiful.
- Her cooking utensils. What? It's her favorite hobby.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- She'd blur the line between pure-bloods and everyone else, abolish the power of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, and criminalize blood supremacy. Secretly. Publicly? Everyone gets the help they might need.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Evangeline Louise is the only daughter of Demetrius and Isadora Selwyn. Part of a Sacred Twenty-Eight family, she grew up with advantages that children from other families lacked. Her childhood was composed of getting a head start on her education, learning how to run a household, attending social gatherings, amongst other things. Her parents were the kind to retain old beliefs, and thus they raised all their kids to believe they were inherently better than everyone else simply because of their blood status.
- It was an idea that Evangeline had always felt some indignation towards, but never actually commented on, let alone did anything of. Some part of her, to some degree, agreed with them - hence the looks that often cross her features, even nowadays, whenever she meets someone her parents would deem lesser than them. On the bright side, though, her worries about being a squib were minimal. By the age of eight, she'd already displayed an accidental sign of magic, by fixing the stitchings in one of her damaged dresses.
- Evangeline was sorted into Ravenclaw upon arrival to Hogwarts, with slight disapproval from her parents who'd anticipated her to become a Slytherin, like firstborn Emmett Selwyn. That said, any residual disappointment went up in flames when she elaborated on how they ought to be proud - she'd inherited their smarts. Though ambitious like a Slytherin, she had a thirst for knowledge and it led to innovative ways of thinking on how the Selwyn name could climb further up the social ladder.
- Admittedly, it was something often left for the eldest Selwyn - a way of making him prove his worth, that their time on him wasn't wasted, but to have a daughter to fall back to wasn't the worst of things either. If anything, a daughter who was more than a pretty face was worthy of a good match that could do the family name well. Evangeline knew this and, though not thrilled, she had to admit her parents did get off her back and became more approving, more encouraging and proud of her.
- Evangeline's best class was Potions, without a doubt, followed by Transfiguration. Though however high her marks were (near the top, might I add), she had to follow into Emmett's steps and join her family, back at Selwyn Manor. She's been meaning to gain some independence, but it's easier said than done, especially as her father has begun passing down tasks to her and her oldest brother to help around and ease the transition of her parents' into what will most likely end up as retirement.
- Evangeline was in attendance at the ball during the attack on the Prime Minister. While she, like the rest of her family, wasn't aware of the plot against the Minister, and they had been at the Ball more for show than for truly believing in the cause, they left with some things to discuss. Both parents and children (excluding Eric the black sheep) all decided to support the cause of assassins. They weren't going to take a front-line approach, unless it proved necessary. Diluting pure-blood - or any blood - with creature's blood only weakened the magical race, after all. Personally, Evangeline wasn't exactly as keen on the idea as she let on, but she's got an image to groom, doesn't she?
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- Despite her upbringing as a daughter of the Selwyn family, Evangeline is nothing if not a feminist. Her family has always been intent on keeping old traditions, but she's not interested in the same thing. She's more interested in doing what her brothers can, than she is in living up to her parents' expectations of staying a happy, stay-at-home wife. She's more modern than they are, though it's not many times she gets to show or prove it, in fears of her ending up like Eric.
- Not interested in ending up like her dearest little brother, Evangeline does have an image to maintain, and she's not going to ruin it so easily. She follows rules, plays nicely, is mindful of her manners and always puts on a smile. She attends social gatherings but, though it would please her parents, doesn't do much more than let her parents flaunt her around whenever she isn't at the bar, drinking the night away.
- She's not an outright blood supremacist. She's really not. But her upbringing instilled ideals in her that she can't just shake off. Though she doesn't treat muggle-borns and the like as though they're beneath her, a look is worth a thousand words and her expressions aren't always the kindest. It's not that she intends to be like that - she's just always been raised to believe that muggle-born, muggles and squibs aren't as important as people with direct magical heritage.
- Evangeline is never opposed to sitting back and having a good time. She's really not. But it's complicated, when there's so many expectations imposed on her and images to groom. She isn't exactly her family's biggest fan, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't do what she could - without interfering with her own beliefs and interests, of course - to make them happy. She's smart, she's perceptive - she knows what she should and shouldn't do. There's a fine line, and Evangeline Selwyn knows better than to cross it.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
- Pure-Blood; Member of a Sacred Twenty-Eight family
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
- Technically unemployed, but she helps around Selwyn Manor & keeping track of her family's wealth
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
- Single, no kids
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?