1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Ezra is a very complex individual. While he obviously has a very caring and empathetic side to him while he is working, he has a very cold and abrasive personality in his everyday life. He doesn't get too close to people anymore after what happened with his brother. He became a master at keeping his feelings in check. Work was work, and his personal life was just that - personal.
Ezra is a phenomenal liar. Not the best trait, but a very useful one. He has a talent for reading people easily which allows him to manipulate people's feelings. That way, he always stays in control. That's one thing Ezra cannot stand: being out of control. He always has to have things just so, and if not, he fixes them or cuts them out immediately. Because he is a legilimens, it's easier for him than most to get away with lying and reading people. Though, he rarely ever uses that ability to hurt people. In fact, he uses it mostly to help people. Sometimes stubborn people need that little push. Speaking of stubborn people...
You cannot find someone more stubborn than Ezra. Always full of determination and ambition, Ezra gets what he sets out for. There's no changing his mind or stopping him, which for the most part, is a good thing. It got him through school early and to a decent job at the young age of 18. That also has to do with his intelligence, but it would have gotten him nowhere without his drive.
On a lighter note, Ezra is a very thoughtful person. He goes out of the way for people he cares about and will not back down when they need him. While he may act like a cold asshole, he's just trying to protect himself from being hurt again. He just needs some warm-hearted loving to thaw his frozen heart.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Elias Min was a writer for a local newspaper in London. As a British-Korean man, he brought a new perspective to articles and discussions that the newspaper would feature. Before long, everyone loved his thoughts and wanted more from him. Elias wrote everything from wedding reviews to breaking stories on the front page. On one occasion, Min was asked to write a review for a Korean singer who was on tour in Europe. Her name was Lee Gaeul. And that's how Ezra's parents met.
Elias was absolutely smitten by the woman. Her voice, her presence, her beauty, and after their first date, her personality too. She was a feisty one who was independent and didn't need no man. But after meeting Elias, she wanted one. The pair got married two years later after Gaeul finished her second tour of North America. They settled down in Manchester where Elias continued writing and Gaeul began teaching music at a local school. A year later, their first son Emerson was born. And a year after that, little Ezra walked into their lives.
Ezra grew up generally happy - he didn't have many worries for the most part. His family was well off and his parents raised him right. He learned to sing and perform from Gaeul and he learned to write from his dad. He always played with his older brother too. They were only a year apart and so they spent a lot of time together. At age 7, Ezra had his first magical experience that sent his parents for a loop to say the least. He was out in the yard with Elias who had just raked up all the leaves. A bit too tempting for the young boy, Ezra ran and jumped into the pile, sending the organized leaves everywhere. Angry at the boy's actions, Elias scolded him to the point where Ezra felt terrible. On the verge of tears, Ezra sent all the leaves flying straight back into the pile they came from. Elias was so shocked he almost passed out. For the most part though, his family was more than accepting of the child.
Up until age 11, Ezra attended public school with Emerson. That year however, Ezra received his letter to Hogwarts. The distance between him and his brother caused a wedge to form between them. Emerson stopped telling Ezra everything, and Ezra eventually stopped asking. At Hogwarts, Ezra made friends and enemies alike. Lots of people loved him for his musical abilities and wanted him to sing or rap all the time. Others found it annoying. Overall though, he made good friends who supported his dream of becoming a rapper and touring like his mom. That dream, however, changed dramatically in fourth year.
Ezra was in Potions class when he received the news. The headmaster had pulled him out of class and told him that Emerson had committed suicide earlier that week. Ezra was completely and utterly devastated. He went into a depression, pushed away all his friends, picked fights with people just to feel something. He should've been there for his brother. Someone should have been there for his brother. Ezra started seeing a therapist when he was 15. That woman changed Ezra's life.
Her name was Wanda Sykes, and she was only 23 when she had taken on Ezra. She helped him through all his shit and made him want to do the same for other people. That's when Ezra changed what he wanted to do when he graduated. Instead of a famous rapper, he wanted to be a therapist. He wanted to be there for people in a way no one was for Emerson. It was the least he could do to honor his brother. So with that in mind, Ezra graduated early and went into an internship with Wanda. By the time he turned 18, Ezra was a full blown therapist working at Sykes Therapy Center.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
His model is Lee Minhyuk from Monsta X
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
He is a legilimens
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Ezra is a therapist at Sykes Therapy Center, but he still aspires to be a famous performer.
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
16 active; 2 exotic
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?