1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Finnbarr "Baz" Nevin was born into a hardcore qudditch fandom. His mother, his father, his grandparents. Each and everyone was a loyal Irish diehard. Be it Bats, Kestrels, or the Irish National team. A few members of the family were even blessed enough to play for the one of the aforementioned teams. In the past there have been Beaters, Keepers, and Seekers who adorned the family tree. Baz wanted to be the first to be called one of Ireland's superb Chasers. It was a childhood dream of his that would never fade into obscurity. He was not allowed to fly, by personal decree of his mother, until he was eleven. He put a kink in her plans, at eight years old his first sign of magic happened to be getting his broom up in the air. His mother tried to hide his broom, to no avail he was willing to use a full size adult broom if he had to.
He was accepted to Hogwarts, and was known as a Hatstall. He wanted to go to Hufflepuff, all the pretty girls were there. The Hat, however, did not believe this to be the place for him. He was cut from the same cloth as the boys of Gryffindor, and he has hidden similarities with the boys of Slytherin as well. After being convinced that red and gold were his true colors Baz agreed, he spent the next several years sneaking out of the tower that housed his common room. He tried out for quidditch immediately, he knew that being Chaser was what he was meant to do, he did not make the team. He took his flying lessons seriously in his first year, and earned top marks, not that earning top marks in First Year Flying is hard. The following year he was chosen to be a starting Chaser for Gryffindor.
Something completely unexpected happened to him during his first game. He found out he was terrible at quidditch once he was finally given his chance to shine. Under the pressure of a win or loss that meant something he absolutely crumbled. He made all of the wrong decisions. He hogged the quaffle never making passes when he should have, and he constantly racked up fouls which meant points for the other team. But with each game he realized the flaws that obliterated what he thought of his supposed tactics. With the help of his fellow Chasers his accuracy greatly improved, and he gained some perspective on teamwork. His skill-level skyrocketed, while he did proceed to believe in himself immeasurably, he started to rely on his teammates. His new outlook on the game changed his outlook on life.
When he left Hogwarts he was a different sort of man than everyone believed the boy who entered would become. Back home in Ireland he did as expected, he took odd jobs until he could secure that which he knew would one day be his. There were open spots on the other Irish teams, he had his pick of positions with the Kestrals, and he would have a stupendous gig starting for the Bats. Neither of those teams were where he saw himself when he was a kid. It would have betrayed the little eight year old version of him that kicked at his brain every once in a while if he gave up. He pursed his dream after a few crumby jobs, and a short stint as a boxer he did what so many people never have the chance to do. He made a childhood dream come to fruition, he finally secured his position with the INQT.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Baz is outlandish, entertaining, reckless, courageous, and psychopathic. He is afraid of nothing, and does not understand the fear people have of death. He wholeheartedly believes that every man, woman, and child in the universe should embrace "YOLO". He puts one hundred fifty percent of himself into every single thing that he does, he reserves a back up fifty percent for emergencies. He does not get embarrassed, and he pretends not to feel shame. He bottles up those negative feelings, mostly the ones that pertain to himself, and pushes them deep down somewhere dark. He makes jokes of most things, and he uses humor as a way to negating a feeling that could otherwise overwhelm a more sensitive personality type.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Chaser for the INQT
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
:B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Eastern Time Zone (UTC-4)