A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
She's calculating, brilliant, and observing. She pays attention to the most minimal of details. Moreover, she's also untrusting, quiet, and at times, can be paranoid.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
No. She never imagined she'd go through what she went through, nor its consequences. She didn't want any of that to happen. While it had its own silver lining in her finding what she was meant to do for the rest of her life, it still was a dark and twisty turn that her life took. She may have accomplished some goals, but ultimately, her life won't ever be the same, and she'll never be the same person she once was. The goals and dreams she had back then... they aren't there anymore. What once made her, well, her, is all gone.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
It would probably be a well spent day where she's alone with Skittles, her other few babies, a cup of hot chocolate, a blanket, and a good book.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Skittles. Skittles is her best friend, so to say, and she'll never give him away willingly. She doubts she'd make it without him.
- Her cute little branch (group of bowtruckles). They're her beans, her babies, and just like Skittles, she'd never let them go without a fight.
- The only sonogram she has of what would've been her baby. It isn't something she looks at often, but it's a piece of who she is now, and she can't just give that away.
- Her sister. She loves her sister to bits, and appreciates the fact that she was there for her when she needed her the most. There's no way she'd make it without her, either. Odds are she'd have died a long time ago if it weren't for her.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
She'd change their attitude towards magical creatures, or at least make them understand that they aren't as bad as they think. She wants them to understand that there's more to these creatures than just possible food and furs.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Freja Cæcilie Lindgren is the youngest daughter of the Lindgren household. She has an older sister - Annelie Lindgren - and a numerous amount of brothers, which proved to be a challenge growing up, because her parents weren't around much, what with their medical careers, so it was up to the older siblings to do everything, including cooking-- something they didn't do much of. In the house, there was always a fight going on, but it was usually because the petite girl wasn't fed enough, was often left behind with her brothers being quicker and bigger - even the younger ones - or even because they wanted to play with balls and she wanted to play with dolls. For whatever reason, there were always clashing siblings.
Despite the intentions of being good parents, Kasper and Laura Lindgren were surgeons, and there wasn't much they could do to clear their schedules for the brood of kids they had, hence why Freja grew up lacking motherly and fatherly love. Her older sister Annelie tried to do her best, as did Lukas, one of her eldest brothers. Yet, it still wasn't the same. Even through it all, she pushed forward. It was shortly after she turned six that weird occurrences began around her. She'd been fine up until the drowning incident in the lake at the back of her house.
It was a normal and regular day, and neither sister suspected anything wrong would happen with going for a swim in the lake. It was only the start of fall, and it was as hot as it could be in Denmark. It was all fine for the first ten minutes, maybe. But then the temperature dropped, the area got real chilly, and the water became intolerably cold. Freja was in too deep to make it out in time, and Annelie had no other option but to dive in after her. By the time she could reach her sister and pull her out, Freja had moderate hypothermia, and Annelie wasn't looking good either. Annelie wouldn't be able to drag her in, so they had no other choice but to stay there, huddled together, until the cold passed. They probably wouldn't have made it, but both girls were resilient and determined to stay alive.
There was no simple way to explain what had occurred when the eldest brother found them and managed to bring them into their home. While Freja had seemed alert, she was confused above all. All she could say was there was a golden light, and then the cold went away. Whatever happened, it was the start of Freja Lindgren's magical tendencies. It didn't get easier the older she got, but her outbursts were never above simple things, like stuff being put back in place without her touching them, lights turning off when they had to, and the doors occasionally being thrown open or closed, depending the circumstances. Her showings of magic were never grand.
It came as a surprise when a ministry official came to their home one day, personally delivering a letter to the family that included her invite to Beauxbatons. It was a far deal away, but Durmstrang didn't accept muggle-borns and it was the second best shot they had. It wasn't hard to believe Freja was magic, what with the fact that Annelie had turned out to be magic, too. Without reluctance, Freja was sent off to the school of magic in France.
Freja was a total sweetheart the first few years. While she was easy to consider the teacher's pet, it was a fact everyone found easy to look past. Freja was likeable, and a good friend. She was smart, was at the top of the class, and seemed to have a penchant for COMC. It hadn't really been something she considered doing for a living-- she seemed to be leaning more towards joining the Department of Magical Education; however, by the time she was a sixth year, it all changed. From the start, she'd been good friends with this boy in her house named Andre. He was just a year older than her, and he seemed like a good kid. She'd honest to God believed they could be close friends, if not something else. Something more... intimate. It seemed she was wrong all along.
It was during Christmas time that he made his mark on her. He defiled her, and there was no changing that fact. It was just so wrong. Andre got kicked out of Beauxbatons with no chances of being able to take his NEWTs, and was promptly put in trial. Freja was sent back home for the rest of sixth year and hadn't come out of her room, much less had she been interested in letting the case go further; however, when the fact that she was pregnant with that bastard's kid, she found herself with no other option. Being of age, they were able to treat him as such, and arrested him. For how long, Freja didn't even stick around to know. She had a baby to worry about now. Well, she'd had a baby to worry about.
The pregnancy turned out to be ectopic, which, as expected, led to a miscarriage. Freja had been scarred enough, that was the last thing the poor girl needed. Yet it happened. Comes to show how the good people are always the ones to be hurt the most, eh? Everything that happened, every little detail... she'd never forget it. She wanted to, but she wouldn't. She couldn't even come face to face with her once classmates. The decision wasn't made lightly, but Freja didn't return to Beauxbatons for seventh year. She dropped out. Not even therapy was able to change her mind. It's not like she had to, however. During the course of the trial and extending to her sessions in therapy, Freja had established a close relationship with a few creatures she'd one day stumbled across near the lake of her house. She hadn't meant to, but it happened. It was after the poor fella was captured and taken away for the ministry to assess and possibly send away that she made up her mind. She didn't need NEWTs to become a magizoologist. It all fit perfectly. So a magizoologist she'd become.
Months after what was supposed to have been her graduation, and Freja was declared in her right mind, she began her shadowing of another magizoologist for the Danish Ministry. In that time, she found a brood of bowtruckles and a newborn mooncalf she was allowed to go solo with. Rather than studying them and setting them free, she let them stay with her. They'd grown attached, being with her since they were young - in their respect species' age range, at least - and she couldn't just let them go. She had a soft spot for them she'd never be able to shake off. Even when she was allowed to set off on her own as a magizoologist affiliated to the ministry, they were with her. When she decided to relocate to Great Britain for a permanent change of scenery with Annelie, they also were with her. If they had their way, they'd be there 'til they passed on.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Freja is... scarred, to say the least. After what happened with her, she has trust issues, and isn't able to come around people as easily as she could before. The tables have turned, and she takes better to animals than she does to humans that aren't immediate family or friends (and the latter hangs by a thread, to be fair) nowadays. It's not completely impossible to enter her life-- it's not. It's just... really hard. She tries... but the wound is too deep to ignore. It's one of the reasons why she turned to the idea of becoming magizoologist, as a matter of fact. Not only was it therapeutic for her, but it was also something she liked, so it was a win-win solution, under these circumstances.
Unlike the years of her early and late childhood, Freja is quiet, often preferring to observe and make notations rather than partake in any social activity that doesn't seem urgent nor is required. Strangers often consider her mute, from the lack of words she produces. It's not like she minds-- the silence is something she's used to, and quite appreciated. If anything, the whole act involving making exaggerated hand gestures for her to understand, and talking louder than normal for her to hear (why do people automatically assume she's deaf along with "mute"?) is quite entertaining and amusing.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
She's a magizoologist.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
She's single w/o kids, but she's got a mooncalf named Skittles and a few bowtruckles she considers her babies.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- your brains are made of gogurt and i hate your guts. 18:17, December 20, 2016 (UTC)