A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
If it's in full honesty, Geist's true strengths are his intellect and his caring nature. It's something he's built from so many years of being a learner (and still being one, because to him, you learn something new every single day). His caring nature came more from being with Dirk (whom he values a great deal) and being a teacher.
His main weakness would definitely be his old age. In his early fifthies, he does to some extent feel like there is so much to accomplish, but not enough time to do so.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
So far, it has. He's married to the one person he can't see himself getting away from and he does do what he has always loved. Still thinks there is more to it than that, in his eyes anyway.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
With Dirk honestly. He'd not have it any other way.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
His wand, his formal suit, his wedding ring, his rainy day money, and a picture of him and Dirk. All out of sentimental and motivating value to him.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
He'd honestly want to see wizarding society get to the same point as muggle society to a degree. Between his time in Hogsmeade, Muggle London, Muggle Dusseldorf, and around Durmstrang, he'd honestly be grateful if there was not too much difference really.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Geist wasn't always Geist Blumenthal, but nowadays, he prefers that name and nothing less. But his story goes back some time.
Geist was born Geist Justinian Weiss. Born on the 28th of February, 1983 in Munich, Germany, Geist was the middle of the five children of Durmstrang Professor Marissa Weiss, and writer Johann Weiss. He had two older sisters and would soon have one younger sister and one younger brother.
Geist wasn't quite the one to have middle child syndrome, seeing how he did get along with all his siblings, no matter old or young. He was the younger brother that his older sisters appreciated to have, and the older brother that his younger brother and younger sister needed in their life. The appreciated child, more or less.
Although Geist had his fair share of surprises in his childhood. His magical sign came about when he was 8 years old, which quite unwittingly coincided with his oldest sister's first magical sign, which occurred on the same day. It was just luck really, it's not like he was too aware of it. Anyway, he quite unintentionally sprayed water on some of his father's manuscripts, out of nothing. Johann, his father, wasn't really mad at all; he didn't like those anyway. Something about being bland, he had said. (Johann dried and burned them afterward).
In time though, Geist ended up following his older sister (not his oldest) as he began schooling in Hogwarts. He was quietly thankful that his father had a second home in England, which he used when his kids go to Hogwarts. It doesn't stop him from working. But anyway, Geist was sorted into Ravenclaw, unlike his sister who was a Hufflepuff. It bothered him just a tiny bit, since his older sister is just four years older than he is, so he could have gotten homework help or something from her.
Of course, it stopped him not from anything, and he found himself being a great student, with very respectable marks. His sister of course graduated when he was a third year, and she did well, so Geist had all the more reason to do as well as he truly did. When he graduated though... it felt like he lost something in his life. He was of age, and wasn't really restricted to what his family desired... so he felt a little off. He chose to shoulder it and move on though.
Give or take three years, namely of Geist travelling the world for most of it, and he found himself back where his big journey started. Hogwarts. He taught there for a small time, about 7 years, before deciding that he didn't quite feel a connection. So he did not come back for an eighth year there. Instead, he moved to Dusseldorf in Germany; far from his hometown, Munich, but it would be where Geist finally finds missing pieces of himself.
At first, Geist opted to do the odd job here and there. He wasn't certain what it was that he wanted to settle down to do for the rest of his life. But while it got money in his pockets... it wasn't something he wanted to do for the long term. It was when he reached 30 that he realized that... maybe teaching might have been the answer he wanted. He soon enough landed himself a teaching position at Durmstrang. It wasn't Hogwarts, but it fazed him not.
Fast forward about 10 years, and Geist met someone whom he'd find himself coming back to every single day. Dirk Blumenthal. A fellow professor at Durmstrang. They had the odd conversation now and then, but there was something about Dirk that pulled Geist in. Give it some time, and the two went on a casual date, keeping all connections strictly apart from Durmstrang. One date turned into a few, and soon enough, the two became an item. But the love in the air was strong.
Around the time of Geist and Dirk's fifth anniversary, the true golden moment happened. Geist proposed to Dirk and he gladly accepted. With the condition that the two say nothing of it in Durmstrang. The last thing they needed was to lose their jobs, after all. A couple months later, and the two married. At first though, for the safety of their relationship, Geist maintained his maiden name. It was only about when Geist was entering his 18th year teaching at Durmstrang that Dirk decided this would be his last year teaching. Geist fully understood his reasons, so he continued on being the person he is.
After Dirk "retired" (he wasn't truly bailing on teaching, just he wanted Geist to not be forced to keep his name because of him), Geist officially changed his name and became Geist Blumenthal. He himself though, did not change, so his students simply figured it was just something else. As Geist reached his 20th year teaching though... he felt the need to change it up again, and perhaps go back and finish what he started some time ago... at Hogwarts. After some talking with Dirk, the two bought a house in Hogsmeade, and decided to call it home from now on. About to go into his 51st birthday, Geist is only waiting for his moment now, ever so determined to make a new impression and not just. He awaits for the school year to end as he plans for what he wants to do, but there might just be more around the corner for the old man...
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Geist's a softly spoken soul. He knows his intelligence very well, and cherishes it like none other. Often, when he's out and about, he likes to stop and admire his surroundings; it's something he picked up after he traveled the world for about 3 years (he still can't bother himself to learn that many languages though, so he stuck to his mother tongue and English). He likes to look at everything as something one could learn more about. He's a learner at heart, and that's a habit that can't be stopped.
He's incredibly optimistic, and hardly ever views failure as something bad. Rather, he thinks of it as a sort of motivator; even the best had to fail at some point to get where they were. It's quite the part of his personal motto: "If you failed, it's not the end of the world. Rather, it's the start of something better.". When he teaches, he always takes some time to remind his students that it's not bad to not get something right on the first go; if anything, it should be a learning experience to not get something perfectly right.
Between him and Dirk, Geist's always been the one who's always making sure the other is alright. He just cares that much, and if it's what it takes for him to prove it that he can be an amazing husband... so be it. Of course, he does often do one too many things, occasionally out of kindness, so he does often take some time to make a light of the situation, because after all, his students once said he can be a little bit "extra", but in a good way. He just has a laugh and carries on as usual.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Hoping to be a teacher next school year.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Married to Dirk Blumenthal, without kids sadly.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
His model is Peter Capaldi.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
11 and 3.
15:46, September 2, 2017 (UTC)