- Note: I'm not sure if he counts as an expansion character since I want him in the arcana alliance, if he doesn't count as one let me know and I'll fill out the open-ended questions c:
A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Griffin's greatest strength and weakness are probably the same thing and that's his ability to be emotionless. On the one hand it helps because he's a spy and he can easily set his emotions aside. But then when he's outside of work it makes it hard to build relationships with those around him.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
For the most part yeah, Griffin still isn't 100% sure where he's going in life and is unsure whether or not he wants to stick to being a spy for his remaining years. Really the one goal he's completed thus far was graduating from Beauxbatons. His next big goal would probably have to be to settle down, which he hasn't made much progress on at all.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
His ideal way of spending a free day is just taking it easy and sleeping in till as late as he can. On average he sleeps in till about 12:00 pm on free days, and after that he just stays in and catches up on shows. He'd much rather do this over going out to meet new people.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
1) His Wand - Should be a given as to why
2) Laptop - For various reasons such as staying in the muggle world loop
3) Cellphone - It's really the only way he can contact his parents with it
4)Beach Home in Savai'i - May not count as a possession but ultimately it's his favourite place on Earth and he loves going there
5) Dried Starfish - He found it with his mom before they moved to Paris, he's taken it everywhere with him since
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Well he is in the Arcana Alliance so for them to rise would probably be the most likely thing he'd want to change. Aside from that there isn't much else, I mean he's a spy so he's not treated poorly like other dark wizards.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
William Blanchard was a French pure-blood wizard who had just recently decided to buy a vacation home on Savai'i in the Samoan Islands. Teuila Nanai was a muggle maid who tended to the section in which his vacation home was located. The two couldn't have lived differenter lives, yet somehow their paths intertwined and while staying at his beach home, William fell in love with the maid named Teuila.
Not long after William had fallen in love, Teuila did as well. Which inevitably led to a marriage as well as a bubbly and energetic little boy who was named Griffin Lagi Blanchard. The family stayed on the island of Savai'i for quite some time, until eventually moving when Griffin was at the age where he would start his first year of school. At this time, they moved to William's main home back in Paris.
Four year old Griffin was very against the move to Paris. He loved the Samoan beaches and the tropical feeling he got whenever he stepped outside. Paris was nice and all, but it was no tropical island that's for sure. The adjustment was hard for Griffin's small four year old brain. Having to learn a new language when he had just learned his native tongue, but nonetheless by the time he was six he was speaking French as fluently as the other kids in his grade.
Every summer break Griffin and Teuila would go back to Savai'i for a vacation, with William joining them whenever his job would permit it. Around the time when Griffin was eight and back at the family beach home, he was venturing just into where the water was above his knees when the strangest thing occurred. It seemed as though the water was separating where he walked and avoiding contacting his skin. Little did he know it was his magic coming in, and as soon as he lost focus on the water, it rushed to cling onto his legs. Griffin told Teuila immediately, and not knowing what to do they waited for William to come back to the island.
When he did William informed them what it meant, being the pure-blood wizard that he was it wasn't hard for him to figure out what was behind the odd occurrence. After explaining to Griffin that he was a wizard, William gave Griffin a crash course on magic. Eventually the three traveled back to Paris together, and it wasn't spoken of again.
Once Griffin had turned eleven, it was off to Beaxbatons. There he was sorted into Bellefeuille and he became quite the quidditch player. Upon graduating he moved to the United Kingdom in hopes of finding a source of employment. Working odd jobs for three years until he joined the Arcana Alliance as a spy.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
At one point if you told Griffin he'd be working for an organization full of dark wizards, he probably would have laughed in your face and told you you're an idiot. But at the same time something in the back of his brain would tell him that it was probably true. Little did he know it would come true and he'd end up being a spy. Truth be told he's not proud of being a spy, but at the same time he finds the rush of it enjoyable which is a conflict in himself he still doesn't understand. Griffin would personally describe himself as noble and trustworthy, but how trustworthy can a spy really be when a lot of what he does is driven with deceit? Although there are certain honour codes he would not cross, such as killing others.
His occupation aside, Griffin isn't the most well rounded person socially. Sure he can hold a conversation and put on a good show when push comes to shove and he needs to get information, but he lacks in certain departments of basic human interaction. Emotion is one of those things, he can often times be described as cold and emotionless. Coming off as just a very stern and strong man over being seen as weak by his fellow spies for not being able to push emotions out of the equation. Emotional bonds are often times quite hard for him to form, only letting a select few people get passed those emotionless borders.
Saying that Griffin is a flirt would be a huge understatement. Being able to flirt with whoever whenever is all just apart of what he does really, it helps him get a foot up on other people as well as get things he wants and information. Being emotionless a good 80% of the time definitely helps out in this as whenever he flirts, it means absolutely nothing to him. This isn't to say he's a complete and utter asshole though, he can be nice and fun when he wants to be. Just for what he does it's best to shut those off until he gets home and is no longer in work mode.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-Blood, no magical relations
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
No special abilities, nor is he of a different race
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Hopefully a spy in the Arcana Alliance?
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Single with no kids
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Model: KJ Apa
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
'Cause your dream in life is to be a footballer's wife. 04:42, April 20, 2017 (UTC)