The Sorting Quiz
Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Griffin is charming for a couple of minutes when you first meet him. It's easy to become his friend, or even just his ally. He does his research on a person before he meets them. If ever he has to meet someone without having done any prior research, he will find a way to postpone it for a day or so. He's kind of a stalker, but Griffin calls it coming prepared. He doesn't know how to do an actual, on the spot conversation with someone, so getting to know them (without them knowing) for a while helps him steer the conversation to their areas of interest. He's very observant. He likes watching Sherlock and tries to see if he can spot the clues too. He pauses right before those tiny subtitles in white appears and tries to deduce someone too. He's been practicing it on the many people in Hogsmeade, and his 'skills of deduction' are getting better and better. Sometimes, he doesn't need to stalk someone anymore, just make a very good guess.
He's rather blunt, tactless and insensitive, the more you get to know him. He doesn't know what's supposed to be a secret or not, because to him, everything is obvious. He's very apologetic about it though when he accidentally spills something. Aside from that, when you want to know a secret, he's the guy you go to. He normally asks for the promise of a favor in return, and one day he plans on cashing them all in.
He's very brave. Normally, he's the first one to stand up for someone, and he never backs down from a challenge or a fight. He tries observing the enemy's weak spots first, and then contemplates on whether it's better to aim for a physical or verbal confrontation. He's quite skilled in physical, combat fights. Verbal... not so much. Griffin gets tongue tied easily, and often thinks of what to say hours after the opportunity is finished.
His friends mean the world to him, since they're his lifeline to the outside world. Since his mom's very overprotective, and he's really not even supposed to be let out of the house, he's very stealthy, a skill which comes in handy when he wants to meet up with Aevitas. Speaking of Aevitas, they're his best friends. They just don't know it yet.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Griffin was born to Crimson and Phillip Yardley, when Hazel was 40 and Phillip was 46. He was their only child at the time, and an unplanned one at that. Still, they consider themselves very lucky to have him. However, before Griffin was born, his older sister Kae was killed by a dark wizard at the age of only sixteen. Determined not to lose another child, Crimson resolved to keep Griffin safe at all costs. Griffin
was is very accident prone and his mother hated it. All of his first signs of magic were healing the cuts and bruises whenever he got them, so that his mom wouldn't find out. From a young age, sneaking out of his house in Hogsmeade and going around was one of his best skills. Both his parents were always so busy working, while he was expected to stay at home at study. He absorbs information fast; his memory isn't photographic but it's close. He normally finishes studying in an hour or so, and uses the remainder of his day to go on an adventure. He enjoyed meeting the students of Hogwarts who frequented Hogsmeade. His mum is the barmaid at the Three Broomsticks, so he hangs around there or Honeydukes a lot.
His mum and dad insisted that he study a lot, and he thought it was preparation for school. However, at the age of eleven, when he received his Hogwarts letter, Crimson tossed it into the fire. He got into one of his biggest fights with his parents about how he's not his sister, and he won't get hurt, but they both insisted it would be better if he was home schooled, where they could keep an eye on him as much as possible, unlike if he went to boarding school. At some point of the argument, his mom mentioned, "Maybe when you're older..." and he has clung on to that phrase ever since. After a couple of months of seeing some of his would-be classmates, he printed out a contract of his own making with the promise that he'd be allowed to go to Hogwarts when he's fifteen, to take his OWLs, then continue the rest of his education there. Reluctantly, his mother agreed.
He likes watching Aevitas. That's the name he came up with for his would-be classmates. He gathers as much information as he can about them, so that when the time is right, he can finally meet them.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Griffin has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. He's already taller than most boys his age, and he likes that. His hair is almost always a mess because as much as he tries to fix it, it's probably its own living being.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
11) What year is your character in?
He's homeschooled, but he's twelve.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
GRIFFIN THE GRYFFINDOR PLEASE.
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
10 characters, 4 exotic
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Number of A's:
Number of B's: 1
Number of C's: 4
Number of D's: