A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Weaknesses: 1. Aggressive 2. Compulsive 3. Narcissistic
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not? Hale had other plans for his life then the one he's living in at the moment. He's not upset with where he is but he didn't think that this is where he was going to end up.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so? Hale loves to stroll through London and pop in and out of bars. His favorite thing is to 'prowl' around at night and find the tipsy and drunk ladies and show them a good time. If they're having fun then why can't he have a little fun himself? Mostly he likes to just do his own thing without being interrupted or having any responsibilites on his shoulders. If he could he would just sit and watch TV all day while drinking a beer.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why? 1. His wand 2. Black stud earring 3. Brass Knuckles 4. Pocket Knife 5. Serpent Jacket
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? Hale actually doesn't like the mindset that most wizards have. He hate's that wizards think they're better then everyone else because they have magic or their bloodline. He knows that when it comes down to it, everyone is the same no matter if they're magical or muggle or pure blood or half-blood.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!) The Vaughn family was your average pure-blood family with money, status and wealth. Margret and Louie Vaughn were well known throughout the English wizarding society, they were prim and proper and so were their children. Hale was the middle child with an older sister and younger one, Abby and Elenore were beautiful daughters and Hale was a handsome son. The whole Vaughn family seemed like a modern day royal one. Throughout Hale's childhood, he was raised to be a good high-class citizen who would one day become an Auror while his sisters were raised to achieve the highest status that they could. They all had goals and dreams to look forward to, and Hale was blessed to have parents who weren't too strict but enough to make sure their children weren't brats.
Hale become close to his mother who mostly stayed home with the exception of Gala's and dinner parties that she would attend with her husband. She taught Hale how to be a gentleman and have manners, about patience and not always getting his way. She made sure that her children would contribute to society, not destroy it.
The Vaughn family was on the road to greatness and Hale was ecstatic to start his first year at Hogwarts like his older sister who had been sorted into Ravenclaw. His family wasn't exactly surprised when he was sorted into Slytherin, Hale was always known to have a bit of a silver tongue and a trickster side to him.
Hale wasn't exactly your typical Slytherin, he wasn't too cunning and dark but had a hint of both in him. He mostly concentrated on his grades and having fun, playing a prank or two here and maybe pick-pocketing. He made a handful of friends throughout his first and second year of Hogwarts, always returning home for the breaks and summer.
Life was smooth for Hale and he didn't expect the tragedy that would hit during his third year at Hogwarts. He was packing his things up to head home for the break when he was called to the headmaster's office. He expected it to be about his grades or maybe his roughness during Quidditch matches, what he didn't expect was to hear the news that his whole family had been murdered.
It was the night before Hale was supposed to leave, his family was all asleep at their home after being prepared to pick up Hale and his sister from the train station. Somehow past the security and the spells and protections, a serial killer had gotten into the home, first, he tortured Hale's younger sister Elenore for two hours before slitting her throat. Then the serial killer went and did the same to his parents, all three of them gone within one night. Thankfully the police and Aurors had caught who did it, a Muggle-born wizard who had been going around killing wealthy wizarding families. Only this one hit home since the killer had been Louie's business partner that had a grudge against Louie for getting the CEO position instead of him. Hale didn't understand how something like that could make someone a killer. Of course, there were other things that led to the murders of the wealthy families. But Hale only focused on the one.
After the trial and the funeral, Hale and his sister, Abby was sent to live with their aunt and uncle in Ireland. The couple lived on a small farm in the countryside which was the complete opposite of Hale and Abby's life in London, England. But the two got accustomed very fast to the lifestyle since they really only had one choice.
Hale's aunt and uncle were not like his parents at all, they were cruel and bitter and angry. They never had any children of their own because they were infertile, and his aunt was jealous of Hale's mother for marrying into wealth while she was left to run a farm. The two took out their frustrations on the children, the aunt especially since Hale and Abby were the closest things to her sister.
Life on the little farm was hell for the siblings, they had to work from sun up to sun down all day every day and only got one meal a day. Sure, the meal was hearty and filling but for all the work they did it was hardly enough to sustain them. The two got beaten repeatedly for any minor mistake or even if their 'caretakers' were upset or in a bad mood. The two were treated like cattle more than actual people.
When it came time to go to Hogwarts, the two couldn't be more excited to leave the horrible environment. During Hale's fourth year he came across a group called The Southside Serpents, and immediately he was hooked. One of the members was his close friend, who took Hale under his wing and introduced him to the gang. Throughout his fourth year he became closer to the group, but never got to the point where he wanted to join fully. The group was somewhat okay with it since they could use Hale to pass information around and be a little helper, but they always pressured him to join.
When Hale turned 15 and his sister graduated from Hogwarts and left, he started to change. He was left alone in the hellhole farm and his sister escaped to god knows where, leaving Hale to endure the beatings and starvation that he so desperately wanted to escape. One night when Hale's aunt and uncle were beating him for breaking a plate he snapped, he grabbed the knife from the table and murdered them in anger. He wasn't going to endure it anymore, and he was going to make sure no one else would either.
He ran away after that, leaving the murder scene for someone to find and escaping back to England. It took him a full week to get to England, and then another week to hunt down his friend. He as sleeping in alleyways and freezing with only a cotton coat to keep warm, eating out of garbages and pick-pocketing tourists. When he found his friend he looked like a lost, starving dog. Skinny and frozen and ready to collapse. Thankfully his friend took him in, tending him back to decent health before talking about what happened.
After staying with his friend for a few weeks, he was sat down and asked about joining the gang. At first he was hesitant, but after talking for what seemed like hours with his friend he finally agreed to join. He had no family left to go to, his sister was MIA and all he had was his friend and the gang. After initiation, he felt like he had belonging again and a place to belong, he felt like he had a home.
Life from then on out was good for Hale, he had a family and he was a natural in the gang. He could take a punch an throw one, he could sneak around and had this charismatic charm that seemed to get him into places and get information out of people that normally wouldn't work. The leader of the serpents took a liking to Hale and taught him some tricks and secrets to help him thrive in the gang.
Hale hadn't turned too dark or cold during his time in the gang. Not until after his graduation from Hogwarts. There was a mission that him and his best friend in the gang had to go on with the leader of the serpents, it was a dangerous mission that the three knew the risks of. Everything had been going smoothly until the very end when they got ambushed by a rival gang, long story short his best friend had gotten killed by jumping in front of a bullet aimed for Hale.
After his best friends death Hale started to close off and become more bitter and cold, he didn't get close to anyone after so much death and loss in his life and he turned to drinking to numb the pain. Soon he became very feared in the serpents for his out lashes and his violent tendencies.
Fast forward to adulthood. Hale became known as a womanizer but cut back on his drinking problems and worked on his anger issues. He wasn't the best guy but he wasn't the worst either, he was decent with some manners and respect. He was quite the character if one got to know him well enough, and a few lucky ladies did.
Stella Elessedil had caught Hale's attention and he just couldn't seem to get her out of his head, they were always on and off and at sometimes he was so frustrated because he just wanted her so badly. Finally he managed to sleep with her, but of course, she ended up getting pregnant with his child. Hale wasn't upset, he knew that there was always a possibility of getting a woman pregnant. But what he didn't expect was Stella running away.
Sure it broke him to see her flee with the baby, but he had to let her go. If she ever contacted him about child support he wouldn't hesitate, but that time never came. Life moved on and so did Hale, he hopped from woman to woman before eventually conceiving another child.
This time with Aella Gaunt, another fellow Serpent. They produced an adorable little girl named Isabella, who of course had Hale's personality. Hale took an attachment to the wild child, trying his best to raise her with her mother in the Serpents. Sadly Aella was killed by a rival gang, leaving Isabella to be raised solely by Hale who couldn't take the responsibility. He tried his best, but he made sure to keep some distance. After all, everyone who he ever got attached to either died or ran away.
Hale once again sired another child to a woman this time outside of the serpents. He was ecstatic to learn that it was a boy, and when the child was left on the doorstep to his trailer he had no problem raising the little child. Sure, he wasn't the best role-model but he did his best with his two children.
He knew of Isabella's hatred to the baby and tried to talk to her about it and or keep her away from the boy, but he could only do so much. When Isabella was 10 she set fire to the trailer stove which burnt down the little home, also killing the little baby boy.
After that Hale almost wanted to just drop Isabella off at an orphanage, he was so tired of everyone he cared about getting killed or disappearing. He decided against dropping Isabella off somewhere and continued to raise her, more like passing her around the adults in the serpents to watch her and try to handle her. Of course, he didn't blame Isabella for the baby's death but at the same time he didn't completely rule out that she had no part in it.
Now at the present day, Hale is still apart of the serpents and has two daughters in his custody until they turn 17. He's accepted the fact that he's never getting out of the serpents and has embraced the life fully, and he makes sure to keep all the teenagers in line since he knows how wild and disrespectful some of them can be. But of course, the serpents will always be his family no matter what.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!) Hale Vaughn is an interesting character indeed. For some, it's a little hard to figure out exactly what he's like since it seems his personality changes so much. Overall Hale is just a person with a deep past that wants to forget all of his pain and live the rest of his life in a numb state. Hale can be stern when he needs to be and kind when the occasion comes down to it. Sometimes he's like a light switch where he'll be happy one second and furious the next. It mostly depends on who he's talking to or hanging around and what's going on, most of the time he's chill and a little sarcastic. People will usually find Hale with a beer in his hand since he calls it his 'drug'. He doesn't like to make conversation and so he tries to look busy and having a beer in his hand does just that. He's mostly an introvert and doesn't socialize too much with others outside of the serpents, only the ladies~ Hale isn't all too bad though and he does have a soft spot for those who have been abused or used. He tries to make sure that those who need protection gets it since he knows what it's like not to have anyone by your side. It's not to say he's a saint because he's far from it, but he does have a bit of a good streak to him. He knows when to lay down the law and isn't afraid to do so, he has an iron fist when needed but most of the time he mostly just sticks to the shadows and background andletss things play out. If someone had to sum up Hale Vaughn, it would be he's the chill uncle who steps in when needed.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Pure-Blood
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!) No
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? Member of The Southside Serpents. Works part-time at a bar just to do something different.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids? Single
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim! Skeet Ulrich
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 5 characters, 2 exotic