A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
His physique and intelligence are his strengths because it helps him get through life.His weakness is his lack of dependency on people and self destructive nature because it's ruining him.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
He has no goals in life right now, he's caught up in the present
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Riding a yamaha or making fun of pedestrians because it's fun
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
1)yamaha, he can ride
3)fam pic, duh
4)bottle opener, for when reality hits too hard or you want to have fun
5)His faux army medal, one of his favorite toys as a kid
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Maybe just the way the school system is set up to force kids into becoming an adult early on
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why? Harley would want to be in slytherin or gryffindor because they seem like the toughest of houses.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!) Harley has two sides. With family, he plays a role, the good son and elder of the Davidson siblings. Harley does the dishes, takes out the trash, whatever. He pretends like everything is okay, despite it being a bit of a glass house at times. His sisters can get him to do all their chores and things just because he needs to keep up that good brother look. In truth, he does hold his father in high esteem, and that's probably why he keeps on acting like this person he no longer is, or no longer acknowledges.
In reality, or outside of the house, Harley is a bastard. He's a bully, and he picks on people with no discrimination. Harley even picks on his sisters, depending on how much they made him do their chores over the summer. He has a big head, and says what's on his mind. While he is bi, he hasn't fully accepted this and can at times be prone to saying slurs. He's a meat head, and works out a lot, one of the bonding things he has with his dad.
On the downlow, however, he is pretty intelligent. Harley never quite lost his love interest in learning completely, so he does study at some capacity, he just sleeps through tests. Harley isn't any kind of a good friend, having only been loyal as a kid. He has a tendency to flirt, but unless they're drunk or really digging his toned body, most don't bite. He drinks infrequently, but when he does he drinks a lot. Harley has considered joining a quidditch team in the past, but never does due to grades and commitment.
Harley is tough and doesn't cry in front of anyone, especially not his dad. He prefers doing things on his own, but after losing his friends, can't help but feel a little lonely, so in a sense his personality is a little desperate, and a little hungry. Some part of him does want to reconnect properly with his family, and go back to being the lovable kid from before. Harley doesn't think he'll become a soldier, but only time will tell.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!) It was at Ilvermorny that Duncan met his future wife. She was a British girl, not used to American ways. One boy decided he was going to make fun of her for it. Well, Duncan was about to have any of that. He socked the boy in the jaw. The bully left the girl alone, and Duncan decided he would show her around. The pair hit it off really well, and that's when Duncan learned her name. Jeannie Clark.
It didn't take long for the pair to start dating. They were in fifth year at the time, and they stayed together for the next two and a half years at Ilvermorny. On their graduation day, Duncan proposed. Jeannie accepted and just like Duncan's parents the two were married within three months.
Once Duncan turned 18, he decided to join the US Army like his father and grandfather before him. Duncan applied to join the US Rangers and was accepted into Ranger School. Upon his graduation from Ranger School, Duncan was sent out on his first deployment, leaving Jeannie behind, along with their first and only son named Harley, after the motorcycle. Little did Duncan know however, Jeannie was pregnant with their second child. A girl this time, she was named Emiline over a video conference while Duncan was in a war zone.
While off fighting, his son Harley grew up without his dad, but heavily influenced by him. Harley played war games more often than not, and dreamed of being a soldier. He wanted to be noble and just, Duncan's son. In a way, he romanticized being a soldier, to the point that, in his imaginings, the gig was more of a charming knight ordeal. As his siblings started coming in by the droves, he played the part of good brother, always helping around the house and with the chores.
His parents were slightly worried about Harley as he was a late bloomer in the magic department. They would've have loved him as a squib, regardless, and maybe it would have been better for him as a squib. The day Harley received his sign of magic was also the day he learned his father was coming home without a leg, when he was 9. Harley locked himself in the bathroom, refusing to get out. After a while, he finally left the bathroom, leaving behind a toilet split in two from magic. Jeannie was, presumably, shocked, but at least he was able to get it out of his system.
As the years went he became more and more disillusioned about the military, mainly due to his volunteering at the VA. He switched his ideals, instead finding favor in science and technology, all things that could prevent war in the future. You could call him a bit of a nerd, as many students did. Harley didn't mind the name calling, he just wanted to help guys like his dad.
Upon arriving at Ilvermorny at age 11, Harley was given the option of Pukwudgie and Horned Serpent. After some contemplation, Harley chose Pukwudgie. It was at Ilvermorny that Harley once again changed, perhaps not for the better. He suffered through a lot of bullying because of his intellect, and was always too embarrassed to tell his dad. As a young kid in an unfamiliar place,backed up into a corner, he only had a few options to change his situation. Harley reinvented himself, dumbing himself down in class, playing the kid who didn't care. His bullies became his friends and soon the asshole he tried to project truly became him.
In his fourth year he failed his exams so bad, they had to hold him back a year. Up until then he'd kept up a facade for his mom and dad, but at that point they truly started to grasp the difference in their son. His friends made fun of him and abandoned him. Harley was so upset he went out drinking (underage) with some of his muggle friends. They got so drunk they got in a car accident, but Harley fled the scene injured. He isn't as dumb as he pretended- after all it turned into a game of approval. He swiped their memories before fleeing. Harley absolutely sucks at healing spells, however, so he just had a neighborhood girl who had a crush on him patch him up. None of his family ever found out about his near death experience, but they could if they looked hard enough.
The family ended up moving to the UK, for whatever reasons his father gave. He didn't care. In a sense, it was nice to havea fresh start, even if he hadn't changed. Having grown wary of cars, upon arrival Harley gathered some of his birthday money and bought a a cheap, used yamaha motorcycle, which he rides around in secret. Harley is still an ass, but more considerate with his family. He is a 6th year. 3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
half-blood 5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in? 6th
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 7 chars, 1 exotic