A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- considerate, determined, observant
- easily led astray by kael, perfectionist, procrastinator
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
- Well, for a start, she found a business partner in Kael Sterling and got to fulfil her long-time dream (one her parents had repeatedly told her to 'just give up' on) of becoming a detective; she got decent grades in school, and while she never really found a long-standing relationship, that much isn't something that really matters to Irene so - yes, she'd say she's quite pleased with how her life has gone and how it's going, what with being the awkward best-friend-aunt to Kael's son.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- She enjoys Kael's company, whether she'll have him believe it or not - and he's a riot to go out drinking with, even if the influence of the alcohol does mean that they often make...rather unwise decisions that they wouldn't sober. The two of them have many a story of a drunk evening's antics (not of the sort you're thinking, either, not even alcohol could make them remotely interested in that) and Irene wouldn't have much of a problem adding to their dramatic novel, within reason.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Irene doesn't have the issue that she isn't sentimental about her possessions, she has the issue that she is the opposite - each trinket she has in her box, useless from an outside perspective, has a separate story to tell that she remembers each time it catches her eye. And that's brilliant, because she never forgets the good times, but it's equally able to bring back bad memories if she doesn't remember to get a certain object out of her life before she comes across it again. There's no way she could really decide to keep only 5 things, that's like choosing between her family and friends for her.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- Irene doesn't really know. The wizarding society's done her a pretty good service, all things considered - but she'll probably tell Kael when she has a brainwave.
The Character's Background
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Irene Clarke was born on March 21st, 2005, in the city of Leeds, England - to Aaron Clarke, an accountant, and his wife Isabelle, a schoolteacher at a Muggle secondary school, their firstborn of four. Both were Muggles, and both never dreamed they would have one witch for a child, let alone four witches and wizards straight out of Yorkshire. They'd met in a cafe just opposite where Isabelle had attended university for her teaching course, exchanged numbers, and well...that much was that, to put it briefly. Irene likes to tell people she is 'an accident prone to accidents', because she was the product of alcohol and a late night.
- Her younger siblings came over the years, the youngest being some fourteen years younger - starting with her younger sister Sasha, who is three years younger than her and now plays reserve for the Holyhead Harpies. (Oh, how Irene envies her ability to fly.) Evan, who's eighteen, works in that tattoo parlour in Hogsmeade that Irene's never gotten the nerve to venture into. And the fourteen year old twins Kayleigh and Kara are in the middle of their fourth year at Hogwarts as a Slytherin and Hufflepuff alike. Irene - now eleven years' graduated from Hogwarts - is a detective.
- None of these siblings quite surpassed Irene's first sign of magic. It was the summer after she turned six, just out of school. For some reason Irene had simply always been imbued with this awful, awful fear of heights. They'd discovered it on a family trip in which the bright idea had been to go clip-and-climbing, and Irene had, to put it mildly, freaked out. So it was very ironic that the bright spark of magic decided to manifest itself as flight. This is the source of the long scar that stretches along her right side (it's always hidden); it’s an accidental side-effect from this first sign of magic, when the magic deigns to make you fly but not to ensure your method of getting back down safely from high up in the air. And, considering Irene was deathly afraid of heights, she passed out in the middle of the air and hit the ground - the scar is from the surgery she needed to make sure that she actually survived. That only increased her fear of heights, and let's say that she wasn't particularly the most wonderful success in First Year Flying.
- Irene was sorted into ____ House.
- What Irene has that her best friend perhaps lacks is professionalism to some degree, although her immature side slightly leaks out from behind the facade when she's around him - immaturity breeds immaturity. She met Kael when he was just out of Hogwarts. She wasn't precisely surrounded by friends from Hogwarts, especially because she was relentlessly teased by the Slytherins for her utter inability to get on a broom (that hadn't, and still hasn't, improved). Their friendship grew and eventually they fulfilled a long-held childhood dream of Irene's, one that her parents had repeatedly told her to give up on, as had some of her few friends. But Kael encouraged her, and he became the Watson to her Sherlock (without the romantic undertones) and now they reluctantly apartment-share above the office.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- Irene has a rather unfortunate habit of not quite looking at the people she’s talking to, instead preferring to fix her gaze on something behind the person or just to the side of them - some people take this as a symbol of dishonesty rather than of a long-held social anxiety that she’s been on the road to trying to recover from for years. Her hands also constantly have to be doing something, too - they always have to fidget, usually with her necklace that is so rarely around her neck due to this habit.
- It’s quite unfair almost to ask Irene to choose a favourite clothing style, all things considered; she enjoys the feminine nature that dressing formally and wearing make-up conveys, but equally she enjoys the comfort of lounging in a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms after a particularly long day. It really depends on the situation, because she’d hate to stick out like a sore thumb wearing the wrong attire at a somber occasion.
- Heights. Irene has always, and probably always will be, afraid of heights. This fear was greatly intensified after the accident her first sign of magic caused, and she has never really recovered from it. Quite oxymoronically, Irene is a loud and shameless supporter of Puddlemere United - she has been since she was a little girl in Hogwarts’ halls. She’d be lying if she said a decent percentage of her paycheck didn’t go into buying tickets for their games, and dragging a rather reluctant Kael along with her. Hidden in a locked cupboard that won’t open for anyone but her is her Quidditch merchandise, as well as a broom that Kael doesn’t know she owns. What? A girl’s got to have her secret witching-hour hobbies her best friend doesn’t know about. That basically means staring at the broom and wishing she didn’t hallucinate falling off it every time.
- Irene, rather unfortunately, has opinions about everything. Although, that does make it easier to hold a conversation. Music? She’d never admit it, but Irene fell in love with Evanescence as a young teen after hearing Bring Me To Life for the first time, so they’d probably be qualified as her very favourite band. At the other end of the spectrum, Coldplay are also a pretty good shout. Movies? Irene’s favourite movie is probably Happy Death Day; because she loves the idea of having to wake up anew every day, the same day (Groundhog Day, like) and die many times over, in many different ways, until she finally solves her own murder and probably dies from all the injuries she'd suffered over her many deaths. At least she’d get to freak out Kael a little with knowing every part of what happened that day. Actual song? Her guilty pleasure is the Neuroticfish version of Napoleon XIV’s They’re Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haa!, closely followed by The Scissor Sisters’ I Can’t Decide. There are some songs you just can’t listen to without a psychotic grin on your face, and boy did Kael learn that lesson when he found her blasting it in her office and was probably scarred for life.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
- Nope, none!
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
- She's a detective alongside her business partner Kael Sterling.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
- Her FC is Jodie Whittaker.
The Sorting Quiz
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- 8 / 2