A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Irene is very ambitous and determined. Once she sets her mind to something, nothing will deter her from completing that task. The flip side of that is that she can be immensely stubborn. Irene is also very confident, she knows who she is, and she loves herself for it. However, this can occasionally come off as arrogance. Irene is also fiercely protective of her friends and family and could do some serious harm to threatens them.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Irene's life has played out pretty much the way she wanted. From a young girl she's wanted to go into professional sports, and now she is a professional football player for England. She's got a wonderful girlfriend and lots of friends. Irene is very happy with how things have turned out.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Irene's ideal day is spent playing sports with Bri and the rest of their friends. After, her and Bri would take a shower together, before going to watch some movie with the rest of their friends. Ideally a horror movie so Bri would curl up into her.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Her locket. Bri gave it to her on her 20th birthday. One side has a photo of them, the other has a photo of Irene, Bri and all their friends. It's her most treasured possession.
- Her wand. She needs it to protect her family and friends, without she'll be defenseless.
- A football. Irene loves muggle football, so, of course, she would keep one.
- Her broomstick. While Irene does love muggle football, she also loves quidditch. Her preferred position is seeker, which comes into play for the fifth position.
- A golden snitch. As stated above, Irene needs to play Quidditch. Ideally, it would be her first winning snitch.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
She would blend the muggle and magical world together more. She may be pure-blood, but she works in the muggle world and adores some of the muggle tech like cellphones, cars, and of course, football. Irene doesn't see any reason why the two couldn't be more blended together.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Irene Ana Vinter was born to Ana Vinter neé Jakobsen and Christen Vinter. Both parents were magical and had met at Durmstrang. Christen was Danish and Ana was Norwegian, but they both agreed to live in Denmark. Christen went to work for the Danish ministry in the Department of International Magical Cooperation as an ambassador to Norway. Ana became a stay-at-home mother because it wasn't long after graduation and settling down that she became pregnant. On December 5, 2010 Irene Ana Vinter was born in a Norwegian hospital.
Growing up in two different countries had a profound impact on Irene. She learned to speak Danish and Norwegian from birth. She also had to be very good at making friends fast, simply because her father's job had them moving around so much. Irene became a very sociable little girl. When Irene was about three years old, Ana got pregnant again. Nine months later, when Irene was four, Ana gave birth to a baby boy named Eric Christen Vinter. Then when Irene was five, Ana became pregnant for the last time. When Irene was six years old, Ana gave birth to a healthy baby girl named Iris Merete Vinter.
Irene was seven years old when her first magical sign occurred. She had gotten into a fight with Eric over the last slice of Ana's birthday cake. Ana intervened and gave the cake to Eric. Irene was so mad that she broke the plate that had the cake slice, sending it to the floor. Ana and Christen were so thrilled that they didn't even get mad that Irene had ruined a perfectly good cake slice. Eric was a little miffed that he didn't get his cake, though.
When Irene turned 11 years old, her Durmstrang letter arrived by owl. Irene was so excited that she accidentally started to singe the edges of the letter. Ana took it away before any flames actually erupted, though. Irene was still really excited, though. Her cousin, Axel Jakobsen was already at Durmstrang and had sent her letters telling her all about it. Irene couldn't wait.
Irene's first through sixth years at Durmstrang flew by. Then in her seventh year, the Triwizard Tournament was announced and she was off to Hogwarts for her final year. Of course, Irene put her name in the Goblet, but alas it wasn't meant to be and her name wasn't chosen. However, there was a plus side to the whole venture. Irene met a nice Irish girl named Bríghid o'Sullivan. The two became very close and towards the end of the year, Irene who had always been quite impulsive kissed her. The two started dating, and Irene moved to England to live with Bri.
Irene had always loved sports, muggle and magical ones. But she had a knack for the muggle sport called 'football'. She was good at quidditch as well of course, but she was very good at football. So, upon graduation from Durmstrang, Irene joined a British football team. After a year, Irene and Bri's apartment lease expired and Irene decided to move in with her cousin and some of his teammates. Plus the Norwegian prince and his friends.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
The best way to describe Irene is a single word is confident. From a young age, Irene knew she was lesbian, and she spent very little time if any in the 'closet'. If people wanted to hate her for who she loved, that was their problem. It didn't bother Irene in the slightest. She knows who she is, and if you don't like it, you can shove it.
That being said, while Irene doesn't care about what other people think about her, she does care about other people. A great deal actually. She's so selfless that she'll put her own needs before the needs of a random stranger, much less the needs of her loved ones. Irene is also fiercely protective of her friends and family and will fight anyone that dares hurt them, and Irene's bite is much, much worse than her bark.
Irene's not perfect however, no one is. She can come off as a little arrogant, simply because of her confidence. While her bite is worse than her bark, Irene does have a habit of taking teasing too far sometimes, which can sometimes make her a bully. She doesn't want to a bully, she really doesn't. She hates that fact about herself and does everything she can to change that, often biting her tongue to keep herself from saying something mean or nasty. Irene also tends to take the playful banter between athletes too far sometimes. And she hates losing, she's a very sore loser.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Muggle Football Player
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Dating Bríghid o'Sullivan
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
Between B and C
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
12 of which 2 are exotic