A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- + smart, gives good advice
- overly analytical, judgmental
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
- He always envisioned himself as a scientist, so... in a way, it has played out how he wanted. He's single, though, so not everything is how he once hoped for.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- He doesn't particularly like free days. He always has something to do, to fix, to create. So even in his free days, he's either at the office, or down in his own workshop, doing his own little side-projects that he ultimately ends up taking to the office.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- His grandfather's watch, for sentimental value.
- His wand, as it was specifically designed for him.
- His personal workshop, where he's free to work on anything and everything he wants without restrictions.
- A family picture from their trip to Hawaii, also for sentimental value.
- Beer. And lots of it. And coffee.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- The hypocrisy, the racism, the classism, it should all be gone. Every disease that plagues the planet should be gone. They're wizards, above all that. They're basically gods, yet muggles are far more advanced than any of them.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Although you can technically define them as high school sweethearts, it wasn't sunshine and daisies the entire time. They met as first years, and experienced what they'd later try to claim was love at first sight. They crushed on each other for two years and a half, afraid to ruin the friendship they had. It wasn't until third year when Louis Spencer got his head out of his ass and asked Gwendolyn to be his girlfriend. It was a dramatic affair, really, because it was in the middle of a quidditch match, while he was defending her from the other team so she'd catch the snitch.
- They only lasted a grand total of six months. It was an at school only kind of relationship, by any means toxic, and they both knew Louis wasn't going to be loyal for three months without actually seeing his girlfriend. Gwen didn't want to date someone who'd potentially cheat on her, and swiftly ended what they had going on. It took a total of one week for them to get over each other; Louis was a popular guy back home in Orlando. He could have anyone. And he did. That summer was a wild one; he ended up losing his virginity to an older chick, messed around with her cousin, and wound up hooking up with said cousin's brother.
- It wasn't until seventh year that they got back together. Louis was a playboy - he'd won a reputation at Ilvermorny for sleeping with girls and tossing them aside. Until he met his match: Thunderbird beater Olivia Cobbold. She was a Hogwarts transfer in their year, and the only girl who outright rejected him. And Louis - well, Louis loved himself a good challenge, so he pursued her. It took him an entire year, but by the start of seventh, he'd managed to win her over and score a date. It didn't settle well with Gwendolyn. Sure, what they had was brief, and they'd grown apart after their nasty breakup, but she hadn't realized he'd ever settle down with anyone. Especially someone who wasn't her.
- Gwendolyn was nothin if not intense. She confronted them after their first date, much to Olivia's humiliation and Louis' amusement. Could you really blame him? Here was his ex, going crazy over his date with another girl - a girl who had decided they'd ultimately be better off as friends. Although Gwen got what she wanted (Louis), that was an instance he never let her live down. Not when they moved in together fresh out of Ilvermorny, not when they signed on to play pro together, not when they got married, not when they had their children a year after.
- Isaac is among the older Spencer children. By order, he's the fourth oldest, and if you ask him... the one that should have been the last. Don't get him wrong, he loves all his siblings dearly - especially the younger ones - but life was much less hectic before they were born. He was an obedient child that got along as well as he could with his older siblings, though truth be told, he wasn't too close to Sean or Patrick. He was calm, quiet and reserved, whereas they were bolder and took more after their father. It caused some strife between them, and to this day these issues still linger.
- Issac basically swam through no-maj elementary school, even skipping a couple grades due to his intellectual level. Even when he began to attend Ilvermorny, where he was sorted into Horned Serpent, Isaac made his family proud by continuing to pursue a no-maj education. He juggled both excellently, and got close to perfect scores on any and every test he took - especially if they were in the science field. His OWLs were worth crying over, and his NEWTs were every nerd's wet dream.
- Although he didn't manage to graduate ahead of time, Isaac already had a collection of companies wanting to hire him, both no-maj and wizarding alike. He opted to pursue a greater education by attending a no-maj university, though, where he double majored in biotechnology and engineering. He graduated in record time and began to work at a research lab for the biggest wizarding hospital in the USA, located over at NYC, near MACUSA's headquarters. However, he caught wind of a growing company called WizCo, who was expanding and opening science labs. They had everything he wanted, and they were located in a convenient place. It was ideal. So, he decided to make the move.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- There is nobody as brilliant as Isaac Spencer. He prides himself on his mind, and is often seeking to improve and expand his knowledge. He has an insatiable curiosity and is nearly always asking how and why; it's how he was programmed, he says. He's creative and has a vivid imagination, much like his brother Patrick, though he doesn't use it for the visual arts so much as for the science that makes the body function. Isaac is a very confident man. Although he lives to question everything, his self-confidence is always running high, hence why he struggles to question the results of any investigation, research or experiment he conducts. When he's right, he's right, and nothing is going to change that fact – whether it’s correcting a person, a process, or themselves, he wouldn't have it any other way.
- He takes after his mother a lot; he's intense, he's focused, he's determined, and he works hard to achieve anything and everything he wants. If something piques his interest, Isaac pours everything into it, putting in long hours and intense effort to see an idea through. Nonetheless, this drive also tends to make him lazy. Not your unmotivated kind of lazy, but rather the kind where he strives to bypass seeming redundancies which don’t seem to require a great deal of thought. If there's something good to Isaac, it's how open-minded he is. He's always open to new ideas, especially those supported by logic. Although he isn't usually fond of having previous conceptions proved wrong, he's a scientist whose biggest goal is to see through a new area. An era of growth and development, where the future is filled with new, exciting possibilities.
- Being a genius isn't all it's cracked up to be, though; arrogant and judgmental, and because he detests social events so much, he lacks the sensitivity one should usually have. He often comes off as aggressive and blunt, cold and selfish, if only because he can be brutally insensitive in making his opinions of others all too clear. Even when someone somehow manages to see past it, he tends to become overly analytical in areas where logic doesn't apply, riddling him with anxiety and insecurities and making him close himself off. Isaac cannot stand messes, but he also cannot stand highly-structed environments. Everything he does, he does in his own free will. Rules are a pain in the ass, and they limit his imagination. Blindly following precedents and rules are distasteful to him, and he regards with disdain anyone who does so. He just - he hates how rigorous some places and people can be, you know? Some people are meant to have free domain, like him. He does things his own way, or not at all.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
- Pure-Blood; part of the Spencer family, without notably relations.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
- He is looking to work for WizCo as a scientist.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
- He's single and has no kids.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- 12/1 or something