A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
strengths: confidence, professionalism, adaptability.
weaknesses: emotionally insecure, self-depreciating.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Most definitely. Jelena has always wanted to be an Auror, and becoming one in the Latvian Ministry of Magic has been a fun ride, for sure. She's not ready to give in at all, and probably won't be for a while.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Working out probably. She has to stay fit somehow, you know.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Her wand, her badge, her wallet, her heels and her beloved dog. Everything she needs to get through her day.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
She'd wanna see that criminals are justly punished, as in those who deserve life sentences get them, and not lesser sentences.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Jelena Marie Bērziņa was born on March 27th, 2005 to Andris and Ilze Bērziņš in Riga, Latvia. Both Andris and Ilze were Latvian Aurors, with Ilze working as a Dark Wizard Catcher while Andris did Spec Ops before moving to Intelligence. Both were also Durmstrang Graduates.
Jelena was quite the exciting child, however, it didn't take long for her to want attention from her parents, to which the response was basically Ilze asking to resign her post, until further notice. Andris didn't resign though, mainly on the reason that someone still had to work to make sure they can get by in life.
More or less, Jelena grew up with her mother by her side at all times, while her father tried to make his presence felt, but was often out on duty, so while he tried his hardest to make constant appearances, sometimes he might be busier and thus not be able to be around. Nevertheless, Jelena grew up well and grew up smart.
On her eighth birthday, Jelena had her magical sign. Well, it wasn't a nice one for sure. She almost started a house fire, because she ignited her mother's coat which was hanging on the door hanger. It was only Ilze's fast reaction time that saved everything. A lengthy talk followed that, with Jelena starting to get ready for the life ahead.
She began schooling in Durmstrang, and proved to be an excellent student. She wasn't quite too sociable, but she was easygoing enough. However, good things never lasted for her, because she had found love for a small time. With a guy that is. But when they broke up, it wounded her. And it was then she realized... she wasn't into guys anyway. Although, she needed a break from relationships now.
After graduating with high marks, Jelena went on to take a year to herself, before she joined the Latvian Aurors. With time, she rose the ranks, and became an Intelligence Auror like her dad.
A good 7 years later, and Jelena decided it's high time for a change of scenery. So after talking to her parents and fellow Latvian Aurors, she remained with the Latvian Aurors for one more year, before she requested permission to transfer to the British Aurors, which was granted. Upon moving to England, she immediately saw to it that she sent in paperwork to become one. What happens next, she can only hope for the best...
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Jelena is a rather confident woman, and very much dedicated to her work. Through her time as a Latvian Auror, she learnt much, namely the need for a professional attitude and flexibility, the latter which she had been learning about since she was young. She never fails to surprise or disappoint, and is quite capable wherever she is needed most.
But on the inside, Jelena has a fragile heart which was the aftermath of her first heartbreak. She is a little emotionally insecure, and will adamantly try to not talk about her personal life anywhere, even at home. Don't even start on her love life. She's still as lost as a lamb about it.
Nonetheless, it does take a lot to get Jelena to crack, even if she does play herself down at times. It's the result of years of peer pressure (don't even ask) and dedication, which all got her here. The time she did was very much of help to her walls too.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Pure-Blood. No key relations.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
Animagus (Arctic Fox)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Single, not exactly looking.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Her model is Candice Swanepoel.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?