A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer. Strengths: iron will, no-nonsense, determined; Weaknesses: has difficulty processing emotions, easily annoyed, impatient.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not? He hasn't achieved the biggest goals in his life yet, which is to invent a potion that will revolutionize the healing world. Aside from that, as a teacher, he hopes to change a student's life.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so? At home, watching Netflix, eating ramen, with his cat. Simple, inexpensive, and content.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why? His cat. He can survive without the rest.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? He would want there to be more opportunities for students to study after completing their education at Hogwarts, rather than just allowing them to go apply for high level positions at eighteen.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Robbie has had a relatively normal life. Born to a Korean second generation immigrant couple, he grew up with little understanding of Korean culture outside KPop bands that the kids at his school liked to listen to and K-Dramas that were sometimes on TV that his mother and little sister would watch. His parents were both muggles, so as he started performing accidental magic, they panicked and tried everything to explain what was going on. Science? Religion? Luckily before they could try exorcising him, a wizard from the Ministry came to explain to them what was going on. Robbie was doing things like levitating books Matilda-style and randomly setting things on fire. At least, now they knew why.
Eventually, he started attending Hogwarts when he was eleven and was sorted into Hufflepuff, which gave him perfect access to the Kitchens. During his stay in school, he was very quiet and didn't like to recite in class. He faded into the background quite easily, and nobody knew about his stellar grades in nearly every subject. (Except Astronomy. Fuck that. Waking up at midnight every night was not his thing.)
When he graduated, he wanted to continue studying Potions, so he travelled the world as part of a program he joined, under the apprenticeship of an acclaimed potioneer. He accomplished a thesis on the subject matter, and wishes to continue studying the theoretical aspect of the subject. Realizing he needed a proper job after his apprenticeship finished, he decided to apply as a teacher in Hogwarts for his favorite subject, having already displayed mastery in the field, at the same time continuing his studies as he hopes to help make a breakthrough in the healing world. He hopes that students will find it as interesting as he did, and will do everything to make sure that they learn properly.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Robbie hates incompetent people. Of course, it would be his luck that everyone he meets is incompetent. Because of this, in school, he had a small group of friends that he would end up losing touch with once he focused everything on his apprenticeship. He's very low maintenance -- being acquainted with him, it is very easy to just pick up where you left off so he sees no need in constantly spamming each other with messages or continuously sending owls. When he is determined to accomplish something, it is all he focuses on. As a teacher, he is determined to make sure his students do not enter the adult world incompetent.
The definition of a storm cloud, it's very easy for him to rain on someone else's parade. He believes in honesty, no matter how brutal, even if it means outright telling someone that he doesn't like them. As a teacher, he doesn't sugarcoat or try to sandwich criticism in between positive feedback. People need to learn how to grow spines, or else they will be walked all over. He also believes in assigning projects, no matter how difficult. It's hard, but they will learn.
However, somewhere in the Grinch rests a heart. If done the right way, sometimes, emotions may appeal to him. For now, students can keep on trying to get him to smile
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!) None.
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? Potions professor.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids? Single.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 4 other chars, one exotic.