Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Aloof and a girl of few words, consider it a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity when Joan speaks to you. She brushes off insults as if they were pesky flies and sends withering glances that cripple the frail-hearted. Few actually get through her walls of apathy. In other words - she. doesn't. CARE. When people do get through her and rather foolishly unleash her anger...well, let's just say that the word "mercy" is temporarily deleted from her vocabulary.
Consistent and strict with her habits, Joan is one to stick firmly to a schedule and is NEVER late for anything unless situations arise. Her daily life is military-coordinated and fairly monotone. Change is one thing she tries to be prepared for, but preparation didn't help much with her parents' sudden death.
Joan is more than capable of taking care of herself, and her almost rebellious independence shoves most people away. In all truth, she's scared of losing more people in her life, so she miserably plays that stereotype to the unrealistic max.
Defensive, wary, and sharp-tongued with every movement, most encounters Joan has with other life forms tend to end badly for the opposite party. Trust is a word unknown to her, being taught to question everything does so and also limits any relationships with people. But maybe...just maybe...there's still a fragment of a lonely child in her stiff, mature demeanor.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
A mission accomplished. A risky move. Cyrus Arcrow didn't think he'd fall for the FBI agent he'd been forced to be partnered with, but he did.
Their lives were fast-paced and hanging between life and death. Neither expected that the marriage would ever be official, however somehow they found themselves with enough time for a proper wedding ceremony. It was nothing too big, just a small congregation in the church. Relatives were invited, cake was served, there was even a small party afterwards. The newlyweds enjoyed while they could, for life was never easy for them.
Each day the danger grew, each day it reached heights that the two never would've thought possible. Of course, it was to be expected that a couple of both CIA and FBI were to be targeted at one point. Their apprehension rose when Lethia discovered she was pregnant, and they waited with bated breath for attacks. The government could only do so much to protect them and their unborn daughter, after all.
Lethia went into labor a week earlier than when she was due. A C-section was needed, but Joan came out fine and healthy. Her birth lasted long in the night, worrying Cyrus horribly. Lethia was released a few weeks later, and came along with her was their child.
Time was precious, so the two spent most, if not all, of their spare time with their daughter, and later their son. Joan went through ballet, taekwondo, and other activities with her parents doing their utmost best to support her at every challenge. There were, of course, days when she couldn't go to them for help with homework...but her parents tried, and that was enough for Joan.
Alistair was born when Joan was nearing her third year of living. At first, she was apprehensive with sharing her parents with her baby brother, but Lethia and Cyrus took care not to neglect her. And so the siblings grew close to each other, and it was good that they did. In the end, they truly and only had each other.
Daily life was always on schedule, strict, and generally militaristic. Joan and Alistair didn't care. They knew what their parents did for a living, and were well aware of the fact that all the martial arts lessons and all the drills and the strict management of time could save their lives if the direst situations arose.
Depressing it was to realize afterwards that nothing could've prepared them for what was coming.
The Arcrow children led somewhat normal lives. Since their family had to move around so much, neither ever established any firm friendships with anyone. Besides, both of them tended to intimidate even the worst bullies. Seeing as Joan HAD in fact once broken the arm of a boy twice her size, they had good reason to be scared of the redheads.
Both were at school when the bomb detonated and turned their house, along with their parents, into shrapnel. It all happened so fast that neither could keep track. People came to take Alistair and Joan out right in the middle of class - and at one point Joan got so fired up she beat one of the unsuspecting men up - and nothing was ever the same. Joan was just ten, and Alistair was seven. It was at this point that the dormant magic within them sparked to life, and together they accidentally caused a fire in the school laboratory as they passed it along the way out. Their parents' funeral had them both weeping and clinging to each other. It would be the last time Joan would shed a tear for years.
They were put under protection and sent to their father's sister and her family. Joan's Hogwarts letter came for her, but they all thought it was a cruel prank, so it was ignored. The wizard who came and tried to explain things to them was forced away. Joan would have nothing to do with all his "magic" talk.
It took a year for Alistair to warm up to the family, and for a few months, he believed it would be okay again. Joan was another case. She strove to commit herself to the strict habits their parents had instilled to them while Alistair grew further and further away. While her brother tried his utmost best to actually forget everything, Joan found this as an act of betrayal. A huge fight between them ensued and once more, their magic exploded. The top floor of the house was destroyed from the force, ultimately alerting both Muggle and wizarding authorities. Fortunately, it was put down as a gas leak, though the Muggles couldn't figure out how both children had survived without even a scratch. That's when the Ministry came in.
Memories were modified and precautionary procedures taken. Their aunt and her family were so distraught that they allowed Joan to be whisked off "elsewhere", their excuse being: "We don't have enough funds to keep Alistair AND her." It was true, of course, but Joan knew that there was another reason. She just didn't belong.
Li'l Bundles was a strange place, and Joan was skeptical of the whole magic thing. The people who had taken there had been very understanding of her skepticism and didn't pressure her. She was also quite doubtful that whoever wanted her family dead couldn't reach her there, as according to the nice people they were very likely to be "Muggles." Gradually, Joan came to terms with it, but made it clear that she was not going to rely on any wand-waving shenanigans to lead her life. Her Hogwarts letter came again shortly after her 12th birthday. With much reluctance and indecision, Joan accepted.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!Nobody knows where Joan's ginger hair came from. It was unexpected, but welcomed. Her blue-green eyes are claimed to be a mixture of her parents' irises and glint with anticipation, though few actually bother looking close enough to figure out the color. She cares nothing for fashion and is most comfortable in just-right clothing, not too loose and not too tight.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Muggle-born, no notable magical relations.
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
11) What year is your character in?
2nd year in the coming term.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
2, 3 if the one in Adult Sorting is hopefully accepted. None are exotic.
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Number of A's: 0
Number of B's: 2
Number of C's: 3
Number of D's: 0