A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
I'll just start out with his strengths and move to his weaknesses. Julien is a very smart and curious individual. This can lead to many great and wonderful things. Of course, it can get a bit annoying at times but hey, all the best kinds of people are! His weaknesses would have to be the simple fact that he's unable to pick up on social cues and is extremely shy.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Julien actually wants to become a Muggle Scientist when he's older. He finds it way more interesting then all this magic business. After all, Muggles are constantly building and progressing in ways that magic seems to have hindered for wizardkind.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
His ideal way to spend a free day would have to be rereading his science books or any other book for that matter.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Well, Julien would definitely keep a science book, a picture of his family, a journal and his wand. Why? Well, his book so he won't be bored, a picture so he always has his family with him, a journal to record everything that happens and his wand for pretty obvious reasons: to protect himself from whatever might happen.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
They're lack of progression. In his opinion, they are too stuck on trying to be 'superior' or something stupid like that when in reality Muggles are progressing at a much faster rate without magic. Imagine the possibilities they could accomplish if they just incorporated Muggle technology!
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
Well, in all honesty, Julien would prefer to be apart of Ravenclaw just because they seem to be the House that values knowledge the most (which is exactly the truth). He doesn't exactly have any house that he doesn't want to be in.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Julien Graves is definitely odd. No doubt about it. He's has so many different characteristics that most would call him 'eccentric'. While his brother tends to be optimistic, he tends to be a pragmatist. You could say they balance each other out. Julien tends to be the odd man out when it comes to his family. He's the only one who seems to want to learn about the natural world. He also likes to think that if things go to crap, he'll be the most prepared to live in Muggle Society. Though that's probably just wistful thinking.
Julien is extremely shy and quiet. Which, can be a major problem when it comes to the friend department...and in every other department. It's pretty much social anxiety but it's not quite there. He doesn't get anxious he just...freezes up. Which is kind of a problem since he wants to become a scientist. His curiosity actually seems to balance his shyness pretty well. If you somehow spark it, his shyness will be forgotten and he will start to bombard you with questions.
Outside of those cases, Julien can be extremely calm to balance out his brothers craziness. He's a definite mixture of both feeler and thinker. He often lets his feelings determine what he thinks about. Which can be both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing in the way that it allows him to reflect upon emotional things and work through them rather then let them fester. It's a curse, however, when he allows his thoughts to be ruled by his emotions, causing fear and anxiety and who knows what else.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Julien Graves is one out five boys that look exactly like him. However, he is his own person thank you very much. While his siblings would get into all sorts of trouble growing up, Julien preferred to be in the background. Even at a young age! He has always been curious about the world around him. In fact, he once asked his father why there were colors. Then came the lengthy explanation of how light actually makes them. That really seemed to fascinate little Julien.
Once, during one of the family's many trips, Julien found a book on Muggle Science inside of a Book Store window. He immediately asked his parents for the book. He begged and pleaded until finally they let him buy it with the galleons-turned-pounds. Soon, he would begin his self-study into the realm of muggle magic or science. Julien read that book over and over again! It left him full of wonder and a desire to learn more. So naturally, his one book turned into two...to three...to four etc.
In fact, his muggle books played a part in his first sign of magic. He was roughly 9 years old when his brother, Caine, decided to take Julien's book away from him and rip out all of the notes and observations out of it. For absolutely no reason mind you. It got to the point where Julien wanted his book so badly (but was unable to get it back) that the book just zoomed straight out of Caine's hand and right into Julien's. It surprised him to say the least. It definitely stopped anybody telling him that he was a squib.
Julien's parents soon told him a little bit more about the school he would be attending: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. How, he too would be learning magic, the stuff of Muggles' imaginations. He couldn't wait to start. After all, there were so many possibilities! He began to wonder about the crazy things he would learn. Would they incorporate Chemistry into Potions? Biology in Care of Magical Creatures? Physics in Charms? Earth Science in Herbology? Julien started to count down the days until he would be sorted along side his brothers and his adventures would begin.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
16:23, November 11, 2016 (UTC)