Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
- "I'm s-smart. I like p-playing dominoes and m-making herbal teas, a-and I don't like people very m-much."
- Katelynn is smart. Whilst she may have inherited her mother's looks, her brain is entirely from her dad. Between the hours she spends with her nose buried in a book and her natural gift for maths and arithmetic, her IQ has only sky-rocketed as she's grown, and for such a young girl she is wise beyond her years. There isn't much to do in Hogwarts to keep her brain active, so she often brings in puzzle books at the start of the year and stuffs them under her bed to use when she's bored. Sudukos are her particular favourite, along with dominoes.
- Something else one should know before attempting to engage in conversation with Katelynn - she is cripplingly shy. Burdened with a stutter that gets increasingly worse as more people join the room, she tends to freeze up and accidentally send things flying if someone decides to start talking to her. However, despite this, she does try to be confident; often she's attempted to start a conversation with a "hello" or a "how are you?", but the words often either get stuck in her throat or come out mangled in stutters. She's been teased for it too, and has tried to talk back to that (her large brain is actually capable at coming up with some pretty impressive comebacks), but her stutter always betrays her, and she hates it.
- Her powers annoy her too, as she's simply not used to them. Unable to properly control them yet, they tend to lash out sometimes at random people, especially the ones who try to be nice to her, resulting in them being scared off most of the time. She's ridiculously easy to startle, and if someone does make her jump, whatever's in their hands will often go flying across the room, followed by Katelynn either apologising profusely or running and hiding. It's one of her goals in life to learn how to properly control and make them useful - she's got such potential, why waste it?
- She's fascinated by Muggles. Their electronics, their games, their way of living... she's even considering just leaving the magical world after graduation and trying to live the rest of her life as a completely normal person. Let's hope her powers don't decide to foil that plan.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
- Born into the upper echelons of magical society, Katelynn Grace knew from an early age that her father saw her more as an experiment than a human. He adored her, of course, just as any parent does for their offspring, but being the mad scientist that he is and having been denied all the human trials by the Ministry that he so desperately needed, who else better to use than someone close to home? His wife didn't know - there's no way she'd have let him experiment if she was aware - so from being able to toddle, Katelynn Grace was having all sorts of potions and spells tested on her. Luckily none of them were destructive (such a consequence never really came to her father's mind), and most of them didn't work at all.
With two parents in the Ministry, there was a lot of pressure on Katelynn Grace to be as intelligent and successful as them; so far, she's living up to their expectations. It was clear from an early age that Katelynn's an extremely clever child, as she was writing and adding up long before her fellow nursery kids. It also became clear that she wasn't a people person - like her mother, Katelynn has always preferred being alone. Throughout her childhood, she was perfectly happy tucking herself away with a pile of books, independently learning everything and violently refusing any help, even it would improve her progress. She's just always been like that.
The first signs of magic peeked their head rather early - when she was around six years old, and being uncharacteristically argumentative as her father tried to test a home-brewed potion on her. The bright green colour and pungent odour made her recoil and lash out, and without lifting a finger, the bottle in her father's hand shattered into pieces. He wasn't angry - actually, he was incredibly happy, and dashed to her mother to celebrate his daughter's magical abilities.
Katelynn Grace's life remained quite peaceful up until she was ten years old, approaching eleven, and her dad conjured up a new spell to test, much to Katelynn's disgust. She'd grown to hate being an experimentee, but that didn't stop her father casting a rather complex spell on her that turned out to actually work. Suddenly Katelynn found herself able to pick things up, put things down, turn things over and even smash things without moving a muscle; she couldn't control it at all, so rooms were quickly in pieces with no intention to change anything, but her father was jumping for joy. Katelynn, however, was devastated; she hated anything complicated, and suddenly being laden with this so-called "gift" terrified her.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
- Odeya Rush
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
11) What year is your character in?
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
- 2, 0
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
- UTC +0
Number of A's:
Number of B's:
Number of C's:
Number of D's: