1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Kaitlyn Elizabeth Mitchell was born on March 21, 1993 to Matthew and Diana Mitchell-- wealthy American wizards, living in Boston, Massachusetts. Matthew had been disappointed that their first child was a girl, especially since Diana had been having difficulties conceiving. Kaitlyn had been the first child to come to full term after 3 miscarriages, and there were 2 other miscarriages after her.
Kaitlyn started going by Katie early on in life, as she just felt Kaitlyn didn't suit her. But that didn't stop her father from using her full name almost exclusively. Katie's first signs of magic occurred when she was about six, and five years later she was off to Salem Institute of Magic. Just before Katie's fifth year, Salem made a trip to Europe, and that trip is the first time Katie's life changed forever.
Katie made friends with Bethany Anderson, after meeting in Hogsmeade. Katie hadn't really dated much at all, but she'd been figuring out that she was definitely more attracted to women, than to men. She hid this from her parents-- especially her Dad-- knowing that it would probably mean getting disowned by her father, who was only interested in procreating for the sake of keeping the money moving forward. And with this knowledge, Katie didn't even know if she would be having kids.
What transpired between Katie and Bethany could've just been a summer fling-- kissing under trees, spending every minute together... but that's not what it was for Katie. First loves are always strong, and Katie wasn't expecting to fall so fast and strong for this British girl... but she did. When Katie returned for her fifth year... she was still highly distracted by thoughts of Bethany. She finished her OWLs at Salem, and then asked her parents if she could transfer to Hogwarts to finish her education. That was how she phrased it... she kept the real reason to herself. Since her parents preferred position and success before anything else, everything was arranged, and Katie was Sorted quickly into Gryffindor.
The first thing Katie did was seek out Bethany... so imagine her shock and horror to find Bethany lip-locked with her boyfriend. Confused, hurt, angry and a whole host of other emotions, Katie fled. Bethany saw the girl she'd never expected to see again just too late. Katie didn't see Bethany shove the boyfriend off, and tell him it was over. The boyfriend had only been a rebound anyway.
Katie tried in vain to return to Salem after that. What was the point of coming out here, if Bethany didn't even want her anymore? However... Katie's secret had come out. Katie had been open with her mother, but not her father... and when her father had found out Katie's secret... the last thing he wanted was Katie back in the house. So Katie was to remain at Hogwarts. She sent letter after letter to her parents home, begging them to take her back... and after a few months, Katie got a letter back from her mother, stating that they had moved from their home in Boston, that Katie was cut-off entirely (after she finished her education), and that she was not to speak to them anymore. Understandably, Katie was crushed, and fell into a severe struggle with depression in her sixth and seventh years.
Bethany's own family was supportive of her sexuality, so Bethany did everything she could to support Katie in her time of despair. Over their last two years at Hogwarts... and then after graduation, their girls made up, and started dating. Dating gave way to marriage... and then the girls were faced with a choice. Adoption, or using medical procedures to conceive. As much as Katie wanted to stick it in her father's face that she could be in a homosexual relationship, and have children, Katie didn't contact him. He didn't want any part in her life... so she wasn't going to let him in hers. The women decided to just adopt initially, but the desire to have their own biological children was still there. A few years after adopting, both women underwent procedures to give birth to their own children, at the same time. Sophia and Theodore Mitchell-Anderson were born.
Katie, perhaps wanting to stick it to her Dad, and perhaps because she really does also have a big heart, decided to not let numbers be an issue. She was behind many of the decision to adopt as their family continued to grow.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
It would be easy to sum up Katie Mitchell in one word: dreamer. But to sum up someone in one word doesn't do them justice. To Katie, limits don't (or shouldn't) exist. Limitations are excuses to not try, or obstacles to overcome. They've never kept her down. Katie has a big heart, and she falls quickly for people, and once her loyalty is one, it's won hard and fast-- you've made a forever friend when Katie Mitchell befriends you. Time and distance apart doesn't mean anything-- she'll still greet you with a huge hug when she sees you again. Katie is also very spontaneous. She doesn't always think through every decisions, and she often acts on impulse. Details to her aren't overly important-- she'd rather do, than sit and wade through details.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Pure-Blood, no relations. :)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Stay-at-home Mum? I might find her a job later. :P
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Married to Bethany Anderson. Lots and lots of Mitchell-Anderson kids.
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
11 characters; one of them is inactive. And I'm planning on deleting Holly. None exotic.
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
-6? US Central Time.