1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Saerin is a sarcastic, witty loner who pretends to be content with his solitude. Ever since he was little, he'd pretend he didn't need anyone in his life. That, of course, was a coping mechanism to get over his father leaving him before he was even born. If he didn't need anyone, he certainly didn't need that man. The sarcasm and wit is just a good way to hide the pain.
As tough as he may try to come across, Rin is a big softie. He lives by his own set of rules, sure, but those rules are usually heartfelt. He has a real soft spot for kids, and wants to adopt a few when he gets older. He can't see himself getting married (we'll see about that), but he knows he wants some kids running around in the future. He also gets easily hurt. Rin's really good at hiding it, but things get to him rather easily. His mom says he's too good at hiding it, and that those bottled feelings will just burst one day.
Because of everything with his father, Rin is not the most trusting person. He doesn't get real close with people. When he does, they should feel honored because they've earned his respect in some form or fashion. More so because of his mom, he's a hard worker and gets things done. He just likes going about things in a more proficient way. Work smarter, not harder.
Saerin is also quite the charmer. He doesn't mean to be, but he has a sort of dark and alluring vibe to him. Maybe it's learning to read people over the years, but he's just easy to have a conversation with. That comes in handy when you're doing a tattoo for a couple hours.
Speaking of, Rin has a special gift for tattoos. He's been fascinated by them since he was a kid, and never lost that fire. He likes testing the limits of magical tattoos and inventing new sorts of inks that can do different things. He's always been quite the inventor, but only on the down low.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Kim Sunhee and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named fell in love early in life before either one knew what they were doing. Sunhee was only seventeen when she got pregnant. She was eighteen when she actually delivered the baby boy. Of course, the two weren't married so at the first sign of a child, the dipshit dipped. Sunhee's parents had both passed away when she was a girl, so she had no one to fall back on. She was pretty much alone in raising the baby.
That baby was named Kim Saerin after a kind man who helped Sunhee get back on her feet. She was able to get a job, a decent apartment, and a good friend. That was all she needed. Sunhee worked hard to give Rin everything he ever needed. It was tough, and growing up, Rin went to bed with an empty stomach more often than not. But it was still good. Small, broken - but still good.
At age seven, Saerin showed his first sign of magic. He wanted to go play with some kids in the apartment complex, but Sunhee demanded that he finish putting the dishes away first. Suddenly the plates and silverware were making their way to the cabinets and drawers without Saerin moving a finger. He only dropped three dishes and broke one! Pretty impressive. Sunhee didn't get a chance to talk to him about it though because he'd already run outside to play.
That same year, Rin went off to Mahoutokoro. There, he made friends with the "weird" kids, or outcasts. He could've easily fit in with the cool kids, but he was right where he wanted to be. He got his first tattoo his fifth year and was absolutely mesmerized by the art. He knew from then on that's what he wanted to do with his life. Rin gave his first tattoo the following year.
Come graduation time, Saerin had drifted away from most of his friends and was just ready for his own tattoo shop. He started looking for any places that would hire someone so "young" and "inexperienced" as he was. He found gigs here and there while he saved up for his own parlor. It's to the point now where he could almost open up. Now it was just a matter of finding a place.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
His model is Jung Ilhoon
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
Nope, just hella lit at doing tattoos
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He's a tattoo artist who hopes to own his own shop. For now though, he just goes where he can find work.
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
18 active; 3 exotic
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?