Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off. (Maybe not to that extent...)
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Some might say Kohl can be a bit of an ass, and he most certainly can be if pissed off, but a lot of the time him being an ass is just his sarcastic nature which few people seem to pick up on. Most of the time Kohl will make fun of whoever and whenever he feels like it, normally making fun of his friends though as those close to him would know he's just joking. There would never be any malice intended unless of course he got pissed off, as stated above. He is often times known for having a short temper and a bit of a potty mouth, and there isn't really any reasoning behind it.
A lot of the time Kohl will get frustrated with himself, he'll get flustered when he talks and he'll end up messing up. He's his own worst enemy when it comes to these things. He also finds it hard to make friends sometimes because he's scared to put himself out there due to people not liking his sense of humour as well as the language barrier he still hasn't been able to 100% get over. Plus switching schools with only a couple weeks into his first year probably didn't help him any when it came to making friends. All this negative stuff aside, Kohl is a good kid, it just takes awhile for him to show that he can actually be a lot of fun.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Erik and Abigail Dae came from two long lines of pure-blood Korean wizards who lived in Germany. Erik's family hailed from Luxembourg, while Abigail's hailed from Heidelberg. The pair of pure-blood wizards had originally met during a triwizard cup -- as Erik attended Durmstrang and Abigail attended Beauxbatons -- and some could say it was love at first sight. They were smitten with one another almost instantly. Growing close over the time of the triwizard cup, only to be separated once it ended. Luckily for the two of them however they were both in the last years of wizarding school and after graduation they would once again be reunited after keeping in touch throughout their final year.
Within two years, they were married and expecting. After getting married the couple had moved to Erik's hometown of Luxembourg, while frequently visiting Abigail's family back in Heidelberg. Not long after moving into their home in Luxembourg, Abigail and Erik welcome little baby Kohl into the world. From the get go he was a very troublesome child, always getting into some sort of mischief. He tended to fancy colouring on the walls with blue Sharpie markers which obviously led to a repainting of the walls.
Growing up was a bit difficult for Kohl to say the least. He had a great family life, parents that cared for him deeply and what not. But it was when he made the choice to attend muggle school despite knowing of his magical abilities. Fitting in proved to be difficult for him, despite being born in Germany and German being his native language, kids his age still made fun of him for being the only Asian in the school. Needless to say muggle school didn't last long for Kohl -- and his rather cold and snappy personality to new people can be directly linked to his experience.
Safe to say it was almost inevitable that Kohl would have a magical encounter at some point. His took place when he was eight years old and he was helping his mom put candle's on his dad's birthday cake. Before Abigail had a chance to even put the lighter to the wick, Kohl had unintentionally lit the candles using magic. At this time was when Abigail and Erik began to teach Kohl more in depth about magic.
A little after his first magical encounter, the family had moved from Luxembourg, Germany to Essex, England. The move was hard for Kohl, unlike his parents he had no clue how to speak English. So by the time Kohl was meant to start attending wizarding school he attended Durmstrang instead of Hogwarts, his parents saying he could switch by the time he had a better grasp on the English language. Kohl wasn't a big fan of Durmstrang, which only motivated him to learn English quicker.
By the sixth week of school, Kohl had improved greatly in English compared to when he left England. He got stuck a little bit like any foreigner would, but he was now fluent enough to the point where Erik and Abigail felt comfortable with him attending Hogwarts. He had been fully transferred to Hogwarts the following week.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Pure-Blood, no notable magical relations
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
No special abilities
11) What year is your character in?
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
15, 4 exotic, 3 semi-active (to be deleted after the expansion)
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Eastern Standard Time, -4
Number of A's:
Number of B's:
Number of C's:
Number of D's: