A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
His mix of personalities from both of his parents namely ambition, and strength of will. He values his warped idea of negative and positive association. The things he likes the most about himself such as his love of the obscure, and his attempts to hide how sentimental he is are what he thinks makes him weak. His odd set of skills, and obsession with books tend to make him weird, the fact that he can appropriately be described as unusual does not always benefit him positively. He would much prefer not to stand out in anyway at all. Being the weird kid is unhelpful in everyway imaginable.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
He has varied goals. He wants to bring his mother back from (the dead). He does not want much more than a vast knowledge of magic something that will allow him to do something that is seems even wizards dare not do. He believes having his best friend back will make him happy, he does not think, or care, what other people think of this goal. He is going to do absolutely everything in his power to make it happen.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Surrounded by books, not necessarily in a library. He enjoys reading, and he likes for the books to be very old, older than her can even imagine. He prefers to be alone if he can have his way, but as he also greatly enjoys to cook, and that usually requires people other than him to eat his food, he would also like a small amount of time with his dad (& mom) or some friends to eat together.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Celtic Trinity Knot Charm -- It belonged to his mother (everything she owned that he knows of is important to him)
- Saint Patrick Claddagh Rosary -- Maternal family heirloom (the sentimental value of this item to both him and his father make it priceless)
- Books, the rarer the better. -- He has turned to books since his loss (he likes them dusty, and he prefers them in another language, it forces him to learn that language at least enough to translate what he is reading)
- Knives (Kitchen/Butcher) -- He does not use them (other than for cutting potion ingredients or food) likes how pointy they are (his mother taught him to cook, not much because he was unable to use the stove but she did guide his hand as he "helped" her chop)
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Ideally, he would want everyone to be accepted as a muggle or wizard in either world. He does not promote it because he does not believe it is a possibility in his lifetime or ever. As a Half-Blood he would have loved for magic to be something she was allowed to learn more about when she was alive. Although does not know if it would be good for all people to be able to share in every little thing either world has to offer. Wizards with WiFi or muggle martial magic.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
His father, and their family were typically in Ravenclaw. He believes he fits there as well, he has a deep interest and desire for knowledge. He does have raging blind ambition that is quite capable of corrupting him. Although he does not care where he goes, he definitely identifies more with Slytherin.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Sometimes, he can or will be fully aware of the consequences of his actions, and still make the "incorrect" choice. He has to learn from the experience to understand whether the action was worth the risk. His idea of negative and positive association is a bit askew. He could have been warned a million times or not at all, it would not have made him waver from the decision he chose to make. He would do it time, and time again. Unless something has physically prevented him for doing it again, the one thing to count on is that he most likely will make that same "incorrect" choice.
He is quite moody, and while he does have a tendency to "fake it" or pretend that he feels nothing. He is quite heavily buried in his emotions. He still suffers greatly from his mother's loss, he will do so for the rest of his natural life. He is also haunted by a feeling of inadequacy. Even at young age he sighed listlessly while describing feels rendering an ambitious desire to be whole. Has suffered deeply, and although his pain can be seen clear as day in his eyes he hides it well with blank stares, furrowed brows, deep scowls, a little smirks, and even the occasional smiles.
Although he is creative and insightful he has a bad habit of using his brilliance in the wrong way. His more impulsive nature is his true gift from his mother. She was the only person to ever stoke such flames. When he was distracted she did not drag his back to reality, she flew away with him to the next shiny object he was headed towards. Despite no longer knowing what it feels like to be familiar with someone taking an interest in what he thinks, or how he feels when he thinks or feels it. He can still sometimes hear his mother's voice guiding him in the way he thinks she would have. It often leads to trouble.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
His first sign of magic happen when he was a small child. It was light based magic. Sometimes he made lights become so bright they would burst, and sometimes he was able to break them by breaking the filament before the light was ever even able to come on. He father, and his mother at the time had no idea it was Kyle, they assumed there was something wrong with the electricity. Due to Daragh's muggle lifestyle they lived in a muggle neighborhood when they realized that Kyle was a wizard like his father they decided to move to a wizarding neighborhood. Kelsey was worried, and excited, Daragh was rather upset, he lived just fine in a muggle world. Kelsey was more eager for the adventure than anything else. She never truly thought about the fact that because she was still a muggle they had to live on the edge of the wizarding world, a world where she could still contribute to their household, in the home or outside of it. She struck up a nice balance, but she ended up being as upset about the move as Daragh had been.
Kyle, and his mother were forced to attend family gathering's on both Kelsey's maternal and paternal side. Her father Ciaran, and the O'Reilly clan, as well as her mother Colleen, and the Kelly family. Colleen is the daughter of the O'Reilly families local Priest Father Kelly. Colleen, and Ciaran were the perfect match, at least in they eyes of their parents. Kelsey's husband was big supporter of this, and he always encouraged Kelsey to be a bigger part of her family. He reciprocated by taking her and Kyle to his family gatherings in the wizard community, they were embraced by the Alton's in a way that they were not by Kelsey's family. She, and Kyle have always felt more comfortable when with them. It was something Daragh felt strongly about, coming from a broken family himself being surround by some many people from one clan was something he always dreamed of. When he and Kelsey began their family he planned to have, many, many more children. Unfortunately that was impossible, Kelsey and Daragh were only able to have Kyle.
She taught her son many things, some which he might one day pass on to his own children and grandchildren. And some that he just might forget with the passing of time. She created so many memories with him, memories that he will cherish in the darkest of times, and when he feels the most alone because he no longer has her to comfort him. When she died he was absolutely heartbroken. He did not understand, or perhaps he did not want to believe, that she was never coming back. When he learned of magic the first thing he thought to do with it was, of course, to bring his mother back. No one bothered to tell him what he dreamt of doing was forbidden. let alone that is was something he might never be able to do. He still carries with him the hope that he can one day bring his mother back from the dead, not as a zombie, or some other such terrifying un-living creature. He firmly believes he can learn to bring her back exactly as she was the best friend that he lost, the mother he still needs.
His mother lived a long life, she did many wonderful things, aside from making him she accomplished a few goals some would not before they passed. No one told Kyle of this, he of course thought his mother's only legacy was him. A wizard. Kelsey may not have been a witch, she may not have been as experienced in the ways of the wizarding community as Daragh was. Nevertheless She was the parent to share the majority of her knowledge with him, she was the most important person in his life during 'the first five', the formative years of his life. She was the one teach Kyle more fundamental skills, such as; walking, and talking. She also taught him how to spell his name. He will never forget the little secret she told him about their names. He is still wholly devoted to her memory, and on occasion that "bad" or impulsive streak she had appears in him. In some ways it is as if she still lives inside of him. His father sees it, his grandparents saw it as well. In addition to the magic he inherited from his father it is the reason they turned him away after Kelsey passed.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Kyle has been told before that he is funny looking, he has also heard that he is creepy. He once made a little girl cry when he tried to smile at her. Truth be told he looks a lot like his mother, more so than his father. His father has much fairer features, not many of which save for skin tone did Kyle inherit. He has a small, and slightly pointed nose, and he also has rather deep set eyes. Like his mother Kelsey, Kyle has dark brown hair, it is think, and somewhat curly. He has big, brown eyes as well. Another trait that came from his mother. Kyle has a light splash of freckles as well those came from his father.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
12 | 2
- a george a day keeps the doctor away. 04:45, January 17, 2017 (UTC)