A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
+ : sharp wit, proficiency in combat spells, knowledge of healing, small bouts of kindness
- : impulsive, can come off as mean, honest and harsh, not that well versed in defence spells as much as she'd like to be
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
For the most part, yeah. Axel's (Lady Ava Cadavre) main goal was to make a difference and believe he's done so through his drag persona.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Lounging about, catching up on muggle reality TV shows.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- wand: obvious reasons
- makeup: need it for being a drag queen ofc
- picture of his family: likes to be reminded of where he comes from
- keys to his apartment: need a place go to take all the men
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Just the prejudice in general because there's no reason for it.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Born to a Cuban father and a Honduran mother, nothing was ever certain in Axel's early life, the reason being that both of his parents were illegal immigrants, technically. His father, Fernando, was a muggle who emigrated to the States from Havana whilst his mother, Zara, was a woman high up in the Honduran wizarding society and whilst completely legal in the eyes of the Magical Congress, was still viewed as illegal by the muggle equivalent due to miscommunication.
Axel grew up having a standard muggle life; within a few years he was an older brother to a sister and there was a beloved family dog, Prince. His mother had chosen to withheld her magical ancestry from Axel and his sister with the knowledge that there was the possibility that neither of them would become a wizard or a witch and, with her family being late bloomers in the experience department, she wasn't going to get their hopes up too early on. They had bigger problems to deal with first anyway. When Axel was six, both of his parents were told they were being deported. Being under surveillance meant that his mother couldn't contact the Magical Congress to plead her case. Instead, the family was forced to Havana.
They stayed in Havana for two years, during which Axel experienced magic for the first time. Rather comically, he made his sister levitate for a few moments as the family sat down for dinner. His sister, defying the late bloomer nature of the family, returned the action. Seeing both of her children be confirmed wizards had spurred his mother on to move somewhere better for them. In a stroke of luck, the British Ministry of Magic had employed her and soon the family was living in the busy city of London.
Axel, for one, enjoyed the British culture immensely - especially the lack of friendliness amongst people and the sometimes over-excessive use of sarcasm. He thrived well there and, upon turning eleven, was accepted into Hogwarts. It was there that he truly flourished; from a young boy just figuring out a personality and sense of humour to an adult with a cunning wit and sharp tongue.
It was in his final year at Hogwarts that he discovered drag; one time his sister dared him to wear her dress and, when he did, she complimented him and after doing his makeup she commented 'wow you look even better than me.' And, in full Axel-like fashion, he took up drag to remind her everyday that, yes, he does look better than her.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Unlike most drag queens there's not a lot of separation between Axel and Lady Ava; he carried his sharp tongue and wit over with him and it's become a staple of Ava's. Inevitably, however, there are differences between the two and sometimes some of them are interchangeable but Axel quite likes that - it keeps things fresh.
Axel is a lot less in your face compared to his drag persona. Sure he's still as sarcastic and critical of everyone but he enjoys his alone time and likes to take a very unassuming role in society. Unlike some drag queens, he's not a completely feminine guy; his drag is completely about female impersonation and he likes to have the clear cut between Axel and Ava. As Axel he's a lot calmer too and prefers to do the smaller acts of kindness rather than do one larger because, in his words, "at least then it's smaller bouts of good karma and that way I'm not gonna get f*cked in the ass with loads of it."
Ava's a lot more reactive and in your face and that's how she likes to be. She takes no mercy when reading anyone and, even when she's not, her cool tone and sharp tongue makes people wonder if she's just constantly digging at people. She likes to be the centre of attention and be in control. She's a good sport, though, and doesn't mind being read herself - as long as it's a good read.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-Blood and no wiki relations.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Unemployed (I do believe there are some plans tho but idk how much I can reveal!)
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
SINGLE AND READY TO MINGLE BOYS
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?