A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
She's an adventurer and thrill-seeker who doesn't easily back down from challenges or dangers, but becomes a complete coward when it comes to feelings and emotions. She's easy-going and can easily engage herself in a conversation, but her bluntness and occasional sarcasm may turn people away. She appreciates the beauty in life and has a talent of capturing it with camera. She's stubborn and doesn't really care about others' disagreement once she has put her mind onto it.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not? Not exactly. Before graduating, she planned to become a professional Qudditch player, but the accident of her mother caused her to disregard her plan. She's travelling around the world, and is sorta enjoying doing so, but she isn't quite sure what she wants to achieve in the future. She hasn't thought that far.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Perhaps sunbathing/ relaxing on a sandy beach all day, or flying across the sea on a dragon's back - depending on what she feels like doing that day.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Her wand - that could get what she needs to make it through the day. Her locket, a picture of her and her mom and a picture of her parents - in rare case she feels unstoppable nostagia or loneliness.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Their prejudice against muggles, probably. She hasn't given much thoughts on this.
The Character's Background
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
In a breezy October autumn in 2010, Larissa 'Lari' Skye was born to her American muggle mother Evelynn Skye in London. Throughout her life, she has never once met her biological father - all she had about him was a bewitched photo of him and mom, and a pendant locket engraved with 'R. D. B.', all of which she received when her mom died.
From the stories she was told as a child, her mom met her father when she was about to finished her college degree in the UK. It was completely an encounter of luck when she met him, but they fell in love nonetheless, despite the fact that he's a wizard and she's not. Sadly, the relationship didn't last. When his family repeatedly threatened to disown him for being involved with a muggle, she decided to break it off and moved back to the US, unknowing of the growing baby in her womb. Eight months later, a beautiful baby girl, who turned out to the be the carbon copy of her mom, was born.
Lari grew up in a completely normal 'no-maj' setting in New York City, attending elementary school, making friends and all that. She always thought she'd become a photographer, like her mom, or a pilot - she loved the sky - until she accidentally levitated herself off the ground at the age of 9. That's when she realized the things that her mom told her about his father being a wizard was more than just bedtime stories.
Lari was accepted to the Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and was sorted into the Thunderbird House. In spite of the initial nervousness and concern - particularly from her mother's side - her six years at Ilvermorny turned out to be the best time she ever had. Doing spells and playing with magical creatures had been interesting, but what she loved most was Qudditch. She relished the liberating sensation as she zoomed across the clear blue sky and the rush of adrenaline as she seeked for the tiny winged ball. She was almost certain that she would try out for the Fitchburg Finches after she graduated - until the night before graduation when she was informed the accident of her mother and her soon-to-be stepfather.
Lari was lost, as if her whole world had been tipped off its axis. How ironic it was that the one she loved most was killed in the sky - in a freaking airplane accident that could be totally preventable. For months, she reread and reread the letter that her mother left her, delivered by her lawyer along with a box of her mother's personal items - her father's locket and the photo o her parents included; and sobbed herself to sleep alone in their apartment in New York City - until one day, the pain was duller, and she no longer had the strength to cry. Disoriented and confused, she disregarded her plan of joining the Fitchburg Finches, and decided to travel around the world instead, knowing that this was what her mother loved to do; and also because this offered her an escape from the suffocating place she used to call home.
For three years, Lari wandered across the globe, with nothing but a backpack, a wand, her mother's old camera, the locket and the photo, doing all kinds of odd jobs to make money for her trip. She had watched the northern lights in Iceland, played with dragons in Romania, bathed in the rays of sunrise on top of the Lantau Peak in Hong Kong.
Now, she finds herself in London - the place where her life was supposed to begin. She isn't sure what she would find here or how long she'd stay. But perhaps one day, she would find a place where she belonged.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Lari is an easy-going person, if you can see past the bluntness and occasional sarcasm - other than that she's pretty nice and easy to talk with. She doesn't mind sharing her travelling stories or anything she finds interesting. She can be also a good listener when needed.
While she always feels like there's a void in her heart, she tries not to think about it. All these negative feelings and emotions are exhausting - she'd rather spend that energy on doing something interesting than grieving over things that can't be changed.
She enjoys travelling, appreciates the beauty of happenings around and takes pride on her ability to capture the moment with her camera - a talent that she inherited from her mother. An adventurer - that'd be an accurate description of her. She's not a daredevil - well at least not exactly - but she does constantly seeks for excitement. Who isn't up for a good adventure? It's all these little things that makes her feel alive, and not so alone.
Her thoughts are contradicting sometimes - while she wishes to fill that void and find somewhere that she actually belongs, she doesn't like attachments. It's easier this way - keeping things simple, whether it's work, relationships or just life in general. No unneeded worries. No unnecessary troubles. No unwanted strings attached. At least, this is the way she has adapted to over the years. Putting it bluntly, she's just afraid, afraid of the responsibilities or hurt that may come if things don't go her way - that's possibly one of the very few things that she's ever scared of.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
She has been doing different odd jobs as she travels. For now, better nothing that requires huge committment. Bartender at La Lune Bleue or photographer for the Daily Prophet, maybe?
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
With red hair and blue eyes, Lari is almost the carbon copy of her mother, except younger, less mature and less charming, as she believes.
FC: Cintia Dicker
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
:A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
07:21, June 26, 2017 (UTC)