A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- Lavinia's strengths are her motherly instincts, her empathy, and expertise in multiple fields of Magic including healing and transfiguration.
- Lavinia's weaknesses are her lack of belief in oneself, feelings of inadequacy, and her occasional bouts of self-neglect.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
- Though her life isn't as ideal and pleasant as she wanted, especially with the early loss of her father and recent loss of her mother and constant hopping from place to place, she did achieve her goals of graduating with excellent grades.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- Lavinia's ideal way of spending a free day is spending it with her brother. Her brother's presence is a comfort for her ever since that night they lost their father and the day they lost their mother. Another option would be taking strolls under the sun, a habit that stuck with her since she was a small child back in Italy.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Family photo
- Mother's cookbook
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- Lavinia would really appreciate it if people were more tolerant and open-minded.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Do Ae-Ra and Lovino Romano were from different walks of life from different parts of the world. It only took a job offer for Aera and a moment of heroism for Lovino for their worlds to collide, and the result was beautifully tragic.
- The Amalfi coast was more beautiful in person, the newly minted Korean pastry chef couldn't help but gawk at everything. Aera was living her dream in a sea of bustling tourists and natives alike, finally getting the trip to Italy that she's always wanted. But when it came to finding the place that had given her a job offer, it wasn't going as well as she had planned because she was 90% sure she was lost even though she had a map in hand
that she's pretty sure she's reading upside downand Google Maps active in her cellphone. She's convinced that she passed that lamppost and that cafe at least three times and that the other people were now looking at her as if she had been going around in circles for about two hours. She has.
- Aera gave up on wandering around aimlessly and went back to her hotel to drop her things before heading towards the docks for a breath of fresh sea breeze despite the amount of people flitting and bustling around. Evidently, it was a fatal mistake as not even five minutes into Aera's hour of relaxation, she felt herself getting pushed off her perch and into the waters, faintly hearing cries of surprise before the water fully surrounded her. Don't get her wrong, Aera can swim but getting suddenly pushed into the water can make you forget that tiny little detail.
- Her salvation came in the form of local fisherman Lovino Romano, who saw her fall into the water and dove in right after. Neither really knew what happened but the next thing they knew, Lovino was walking Aera to her hotel and bid each other goodbye for the night. Aera wasn't going to lie, Lovino was pretty attractive and seemed to be a good man, but she needed to focus on setting up the foundations of her life in Amalfi... once she finds that restaurant that is.
- Apparently the world wasn't done with Aera and Lovino's story because a full day hasn't even passed after their first meeting when they bumped into each other again with Aera still trying to find the restaurant. Seeing her distress, Lovino could only sigh and offer Aera to take her to the restaurant himself, wisely not adding the fact that he's gonna lose time he could use to rein in a bigger catch. He guesses it was worth it when a big bright grateful grin overtook Aera's face.
- They don't meet again when Aera got her new job and Lovino became busier with his own, but Aera couldn't forget the man who saved her life twice and felt greatly indebted. It bothered her that she still hasn't repaid her debt and she probably lowkey wanted to see his handsome face again.
- Lovino was surprised to see the woman he helped in two different occasions suddenly appear at the docks with a bag of pastries and an offer for coffee, but he was even more surprised when he accepted. Maybe it had something to do with the pure hope in Aera's eyes, but he brushed it off. He's not gonna lie, he enjoyed his time with the young woman. It was that meeting that let them know each other a bit better and eventually ended with the promise of Lovino treating Aera next.
- Since then, it's become their thing, treating each other and even setting up a schedule for who treats who on certain days. Nobody really confirmed if they were dating or not, but no one else made moves on either of them because it was pretty much established that Lovino and Aera only had eyes for each other and each other only. Not two years after their first meeting, Do Ae-Ra became Aera Romano and the two of them couldn't be happier. Shortly after, they were blessed with a baby girl, Lavinia Hye-Yeon. A few years later, Feliciano Jin-Seok came and thus their happy little family was complete.
- Ever since her beloved fratellino was born, Lavinia has proven herself to be a doting, loving sorella maggiore, often at the level of their parents' love for them. Unlike most older siblings, Lavinia is completely devoted to taking care of her little Feli and is always obedient to her parents. Even at a young age, she knew how to take care of a young toddler when her parents are out for work. Lavinia is pretty close to her babysitter too, a kindly middle-aged woman named Victoriana. She loved helping Victoriana around the house and even picked up a few tricks on cooking.
- Occasionally, Lavi would do strange things like making things fly into her hands when she needs them, healing minor cuts and bruises on herself and Feli when he needs it. These curious little events started when she was 8. When she told her mother, Aera simply explained that it was magic and that she'll be getting an invite to Beauxbatons when she turns eleven (though Lavi has always wondered why her mother didn't have a wand like hers). Lavi was very against going to a boarding school because she didn't want to leave Feli alone in the house. She can't even accompany Feli during his school years because she'd already be a graduate once he starts his first year.
- Lavi was still sent to Beauxbatons because she needed to, but she always made sure to send letters to her family every day without fail. Eventually, Lavi got used to Beauxbatons and she didn't feel homesick anymore, gaining a decent circle of friends and even a few crushes along the way, some of them evolving into something more before someone decides that they weren't ready or anything else along those lines. Everything was mostly positive, until that fateful day came in her sixth year.
- Her beloved papa was gone, swept out into the sea. Lavi hadn't even had the time to grieve when she was suddenly pulled out of Beauxbatons a few days later to attend a funeral. It broke her heart to see how torn up her mother and her younger brother about it, especially when it was time for them to deliver the eulogies. Lavi was trying so hard to stay strong for the three of them, trying her best to take care of them during her few weeks off from school.
- It wasn't until a few months later when she was pulled out of Beauxbatons again, this time for good. They were moving to South Korea.
- Lavi adjusted well enough to her new school, Mahoutokoro, but she was worried about Feli. Her brother wasn't too keen on the move and seemed to be homesick. She could also tell that this was hard for her mother as well, leaving the place where Aera and Lovino made a life for themselves. She's not going to lie, she wants to go back to Amalfi, she wants to go back home, but everything was hard enough for her family so Lavi squared up her shoulders and stayed as strong as she can.
- Once Lavi graduated, she went on to become an assistant healer at Mahoutokoro in order to keep an eye out for Feli. At first she was doing it out of necessity, but then she grew to like being a healer. She eventually rose to become the head healer of Mahoutokoro during her three years there, her passion for her job seemingly growing in each passing year.
- When everything has just settled down, something happens that wrecks the siblings' lives even more. There was a reason why Aera didn't have a wand, an ugly one that would cost her her life by the time Lavi was 23 and Feli 15.
- Lavi had taken a small vacation at her mother's request, insisting that she keep it from Feli for now. Though confused, Lavi followed her mother's orders and headed back to South Korea. Unfortunately for her, she was too late. By the time Lavi had arrived, Aera was already at the brink of death, laying in a pool of her own blood. Healer instincts kicking in, Lavi did her best to keep her mother alive while waiting for help to arrive. In hindsight, Lavi should've taken her mother to the hospital herself but she was panicking because Aera was dying and her eyes were closing and she was gesturing to a letter hidden behind one of the books on the bookshelf and...
- "Don't say anything to Feli, just keep him safe. Promise me, my dear Lavinia. Take care of your fratellino."
- And she's gone...
- Once Lavi had gained the strength read the contents of the letter, she just sat there, trying to make sense of what just happened. Her mother was framed for a crime she didn't commit, her mother was killed in order to keep her mouth shut. That's why Aera didn't have her wand, it was taken from her. When the paramedics had arrived and took her mother's corpse away did Lavinia allow herself to cry. She let everything out, even the grief from her father's death years ago that she thought she had gotten over. Once she'd emptied her heart of everything heavy she's been carrying, Lavi squared up her shoulders once again and put on a brave face. She's the only one Feli has left, she can't fail him.
- Once she had told Feli of their mother's death, excluding the part where Aera had left a letter explaining everything to Lavi, and their mother's funeral had passed, Lavi decided to move away from South Korea in case those who came after Aera would come for them as well. She knows how much this displeases Feli but she has no other choice. Using the pretense of getting a modelling gig at England, the Romano siblings left another home. Hopefully, that would be the last.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- Lavinia is naturally caring and motherly, showing great love to everyone she cares about. She tries her best to be as understanding as she could, never pushing boundaries and adjusting to a person's comfort zone. Often she'd find herself taking note of habits, little gestures people do. With enough dedication, she can read people easily as one would read an open book. However, she isn't one to exploit the tiny little secrets she'd figure out through observing body language nor is she one to point them out. If a person is hiding something, it must be of good cause.
- Due to having to grow up quickly in the face of her father's death, Lavinia had developed a highkey selfless mentality, often pushing her emotions to the bottom of her heart to focus on other people and to be their pillars of strength should they need it. She's done it before with her mother and her brother, she can do it again. Lavinia is the type of person one would immediately go to whenever they're having problems since she is always willing to listen and give advice and a shoulder to cry on if needed. Lavinia holds others' happiness and contentment above herself, especially when it comes to her fratellino.
- There are times when Lavinia's selflessness would teeter to the point of self-neglect. She always feels as if what she's doing isn't enough and that she has to give more and more and more. She's the type to endlessly help pick up broken pieces of someone else even if she herself is disintegrating. Lavinia always tries to brush away the fact that she's not as strong and put-together as she thinks she is because she believes it'll only become an inconvenience. Sometimes she forgets that it's okay to not be strong all the time, other times she forcefully forgets it. It's clear that she needs someone to support her after all these years, and yet she still denies it.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-Blood, older sister to Feliciano Romano
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
She currently works as a model, but is looking to grab a spot at Hogwarts as its school healer.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
She's single and doesn't have any kids.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
12, 1 exotic, 4 inactive