A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Lazarus can be wildly misunderstood due to his affinity to voodoo, which was a practice he had picked up and researched through textiles from Louisiana and the Carribean. Due to the lack of leniency with voodooism in both the States and other countries, he has learned to be more secretive with his practice out of fear he could be condemned. Lazarus was raised to be a gentleman with manners akin to nobility despite his more than modest living situations over the years. He is humble, kind and brave. Now recently orphaned due to the death of his adoptive father, Lazarus slipped through the fingers of the foster system and fled to America out of fear of being reprimended and his confidence has taken a beating. His whole life situation is unstable and has led to many sleepless nights in questionable places across England as he continues to hunt down his biological family.
With only his father's life insurance money to get him from Point A to B, Lazarus has been through a lot in his very short life but he's a determined kid who just wants to understand where he came from. After being expelled from his previous school for breeching their rules about Dark Arts, he's found that the world kind of views him differently - or maybe it's just how he views himself. True to his namesake, Lazarus often feels some sort of pull toward themes of death as if they follow his every waking step. The only person in his life perished and in his mind, it was unfair and unjust. Jiseok should have lived until Lazarus was at least an adult with his own family. Safe to say that he has a lot of emotions and pain to work through before he's able to be truly happy. If that is even something that's possible at this point in his life and to be entirely honest, he isn't the kind to be overly optimistic.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Lazarus Choi was born in California as Choi Taehyun but was given up upon birth by his parents, James Choi and Kim Sua in favor of aiding Taehyun's uncle with the recent death of his wife. Taehyun was officially adopted mere days later and was raised without any knowledge of his birth parents or the fact that he had a twin. For the first years of his life, Taehyun was a beacon of hope and happiness for Jiseok and kept him from decending into depression and grief over the loss of his wife. In return, Jiseok provided Taehyun with a loving home and early wizarding studies and guitar lessons from a very young age. In every sense of the word, Jiseok became Taehyun's anchor and in return Lazarus became a tether for his dad. Life was relatively hard at first as a single father but Jiseok never failed to provide for his adoptive son. From time to time, a very young Taehyun would even help his dad out with various little jobs so that they could eat that night.
The pair continued to live day by day off the funds they made doing small jobs around town, pocketing any extra and always stopping for a hot bowl of ramen on the way home. It was at the age of five that Taehyun's father finally got a full time job with a contracting company, thanks to a very nice old man who wanted to reward Jiseok for all his hard work. So while his father tirelessly worked to pay the fees for early education and music lessons, Taehyun made an honest effort to never take advantage of the kindness. He made amazing grades and excelled with his guitar lessons to the point of winning awards. By the age of nine years old, Taehyun finally showed signs magical abilities when he turned a stick into a guitar using accidental transfiguration. While Jiseok was thrilled that Taehyun took after his biological parents, he still struggled to understand the magical world himself. It wasn't until Taehyun brought up the fact that he wanted to look into his real family that he discovered he had a twin brother but Jiseok forbid him from seeking him out.
Taehyun was sent to Mahoutokoro by age eleven and excelled in his studies in the beginning. As he grew older and advanced through the ranks of the student body, Taehyun slowly decended into a depression over Jiseok's sudden failing health. This was around the same time that Taehyun changed his name at school and strictly went by Lazarus, which stemmed from a syndrome characterized as the spontaneous return of circulation after failed attempts at resuscitation. For him, it was because Lazarus was risen from the dead by Jesus in the New Testament. By the fourth year, Jiseok was diagnosed with a disease that left him with limited time and eventually took him when Lazarus was half way through his fifth year. His grades suddenly dropped and he would frequently skip out on the classes, spending most of his time in the lower parts of the school. It was there that he discovered an old leather bound book on voodoo and its practice, piquing his interest for the first time since his adoptive father had passed. Such dangerous studies were not permitted at Mahoutokoro. The first time he ever dabbled in the dark arts, his school robes turned from gold to white and he was instantly expelled from school. With no where left to turn, he hunted down his biological family and moved to England in order to meet his twin brother. Missing out on most of his sixth year, he is more than willing to work twice as hard at Hogwarts in order to pass in time with the rest of his yearmates.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
Gryffindor because he is brave and mannerly and doesn't quite fit Slytherin, he doesn't exactly invest enough into being intelligent and he is not even remotely close to being a Hufflepuff.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
Thirteen characters, four of which are exotic.
- Narkissa Vulpe - Vampire
- Hekate Sayre - Legilimens
- Araidne Han - Magical Animagus (Dragon)
- Twyla Montgomery - Blood Maledictus (Thestral)
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?