A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Leaf is an optimistic individual. He radiates positivity whenever he can and, in general, tries his best to not let anything get him down. Of course he's a little self-conscious about being a muggle-born, often feeling inadequate in lessons such as Charms and Transfiguration whilst excelling are more muggle-esque subjects like Muggle Studies and History of Magic. The result is a rather shy man, especially in front of pure-bloods. Still, he tries his best to be happy. More times than not, Leaf's current mood is 'happy.' He thinks that there's always a reason to be happy and have a smile so he actively tries to spread that from person to person. It's uncommon to see him without a smile of sorts and that's something he prides about himself. Another thing Leaf prides himself on is how he has a broad sense of humour - he can be anywhere between cheesy and full of puns to cold sarcasm.
However Leaf can be extremely reserved, keeping himself to himself and rarely interacting with those around him. He doesn't mean to close himself off to the world, it's mostly down to his own insecurities that have turned him into someone who's not willing to get close to people on the off chance that they'll mock him, especially pure-bloods. Deep down, however, he's doing his best to get rid of such a personality flaw. Leaf can be extremely manipulative. He doesn't mean it, unlike some, but there are times where he'll try to influence people to see his way of thinking or to do what he wants and in the process disregard peoples' feelings or other such things. He has a tendency to bottle up his emotions and not confront them when he often should. Consequently, he has a tendency to 'explode' at people should they piss him off at the wrong time.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Christian and Louise Zhao were the most ordinary muggle couple imaginable. They fell in love at school and got married young, focusing on their careers until their early thirties before having kids. They thrived in their environment and, as they transitioned into parents, they immersed themselves into the lives of their kids. Louise became a member of their kids' school PTA team. Christian learnt football skills to teach their son tricks and both went through the effort of choosing the perfect home. They always had one rule to their take on raising their children; any fun could happen so long as good grades were achieved. It was one they picked up from their parents before them. Their family grew and grew until, eventually, their youngest son was born.
Leaf Zhao was the baby of the family by a few years; the closest sibling, his sister Constance, being four years his senior. Leaf enjoyed being the baby, though - everyone fussed around him and he never went without attention and subsequently couldn't associate any negativity with feeling lonely because, quite simply, he never was. To begin with, it was thought he'd follow all his siblings before him in being ordinary. He'd pick out a sport or an instrument he liked, get to do it so long as he threw himself into schoolwork. Of course, being in the younger years of primary school, there was some leeway, but Leaf still did his best to get as many correct in the spelling tests as he could and aimed to master addition before anyone else in his class. For the most part, things went well.
That was until Leaf's magical abilities showed through. His parents weren't oblivious to the wizardkind lifestyle, nor wizardkind themselves. Christian's eldest sister was a muggle-born herself and had attended Hogwarts years ago and both Christian and Louise were fascinated by it. Part of them wished that they could have a magical child just to experience it, but neither would pin said child to be little Leaf. Both would continue to be oblivious had his first magical experience, aged eight, not happened in front of his magical aunt. Whilst out in the garden one summer, he was able to make all blow up balls pop - an explainable thing to his parents due to sharper stones out and about but Christian's sister had kept an eye on Leaf and could confirm that he'd more than likely be going to Hogwarts.
And that's what happened. At eleve, Leaf forwent muggle education to attend Hogwarts and was sorted into _____. Now a seventh year, Leaf's seriously considering where he wants to take his life; does he delve back to the muggle-world he's been disconnected from for seven years or embrace the wizard lifestyle fully?
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?