1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Lena is a serious minded violinist who isn't afraid to step outside her comfort zone. She will play a Bach partita one day, then join in a boy band as a featured violinist the next. Her first released album was Bach, showing that she was all business. She then scored a hit with Arnold Schoenberg's crunchy Violin Concerto.
Lena often appears to have a harsh demeanor, and has a difficult time expressing herself in personal relationships. Despite this, she has a surprisingly sensitive emotional core, in which she expressed through music. Lena is generally very logical and efficient, but can easily tap into her creative side and create music with complexity and depth. She does not perform music for simple entertainment, instead, she prefers building artistic experiences. As a child Lena was was silent, well-organized, and diligent. She possessed the attention span to look at a piece of lettuce for an hour. This translate well into her adulthood, as she often has to spend up to five hours a day practicing.
The way in which she was taught as a child, greatly influenced her interactions with others. Lena does not sugar-coat or excessively complement; she is blunt in her opinions, which can sometimes come across as rude. However, she is a very open-minded and curious individual, who often takes up challenges just for the sake of it.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Lena was born into a family of musicians, which is not surprising considering she is descended from the Wagner line. Her great-great-great grandfather, Richard Wagner, was a German composer known for his operas. Unbeknownst to the muggle world, he had a son named Eckhart, who was born with magic. Eckhart was kept out of the public eye until he was sent to Durmstrang once he turned 11. Like the rest of his family, Eckhart picked up music with ease and taught himself classical piano. At the age of 22, he married Hilary Bähr, a pureblood. A year later, they had Johann Wagner, and five years after that, Gloria Wagner.
Like his father, Johann learned to perform music, and was too sent to Durmstrang at the age of 11. During the rise of the Nazi empire in Germany, his parents became concerned. One of his cousins was married to a member of the Nazi Party, who was also a an SS-Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel). Despite such connections, Johann and Hilary temporarily fled to the United States with their two child at the time, Conrad and Paul, in order to wait out the war. While in the United States, Lena's grandfather, Elias was born. It was not until 1955 that Johann and Hilary returned to Germany with Elias. Conrad and Paul, having attended Ilvermorny and married in the United States, opted to stay in the country.
Elias was sent to Beauxbatons instead of his family's alumni, Durmstrang, as his parents were growing wary of the school's dark reputation. After graduation, Elias became a composer, known for unique viola concertos. After establishing his career, he finally married his long-term partner, Gisela Hildebrand. They had two children, Elsie and Wessel.
Wessel seemed to inherit both of his parent's talents for performing. Even at Beauxbatons, he would often put on show to entertain other students. Once he graduated, he went on to become a writer on the history of the Wagner family, as well as theatre. He met his wife, Jennifer, at the publishing office, and they eventually married. When Wessel was 22 and Jennifer was 24, Lena was born. Growing up, Lena was a very silent and attentive child. In order to get her to express herself, her parents got her a violin at the age of 3. She received lessons at a university's music department, and learned quickly, racing through the music. Her parents were very supportive of her music, and Wessel would often sit through the lessons, taking intensive notes.
Lena showed signs of magic at a relatively young age. When she was 5, she accidentally dropped her violin, and became upset. While she was crying, her violin magically repaired itself, which was her very first sign of magic. Until the age of 11, she would often spontaneously repair her violin, if it ever became broken enough that she would be upset over it.
Lena from a young age was described by her violin teachers as a "musical prodigy." She seemed to master violin techniques and concepts in half the time it would normally take. At the age of 8, five years after she first began violin lessons, she auditioned and was admitted into Conservatoire de Paris. By the age of 10, she was performing hour-long solo recitals.
At the age of 11, she was sent to Beauxbatons. Due to her unique talents, she was given an except and was allowed outside the school grounds twice a week to study at the Conservatoire de Paris. Lena did not particularly care for her magical education and often put off homework and projects in order to practice her violin. This resulted in her graduating from Beauxbatons with a below-average grade. However, due to her intense focus on violin studies, she graduated from Conservatoire de Paris with a bachelor's degree in music performance at the age of 17.
Since she graduated, Lena travels around the world performing solo recitals as well as in symphonic groups. However, She often found herself in the United Kingdom, and especially the Wizarding World, as she loves the eccentricness of it. Considering the amount of time she spent in the country, she decided to rent an apartment. Lena recently signed a new recording deal with Silencio Records in order to release solo albums. As much as she loved wandering about, she is most often found practicing her violin.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.