A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer. His strength would be his ability to stand up for what he believes in, another would be his perseverance. His weakness, though, would be that he has a temper and often lets his emotions cloud his judgement.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not? No, it hasn't. For one, he probably would have been married by now if life had gone his way. He has achieved his goals in his career though as he had dreamed of reaching the level that he had in boxing.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so? Once it would have been buried in a bottle or thrown into a ring, but now he prefers to spend his free day doing some sort of physical activity such as hiking or going for a run.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
The boxing gloves he was given when he was seventeen, a picture of his girlfriend, the engagement ring he had bought, his computer and his wand.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? He'd probably try to change their attitude to the outside world and be less...judgemental towards both muggles and halfbreeds. Though, it's not like it's the biggest worry on Logan's mind and rarely pays much attention to the society he lives in.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!) Logan is the second youngest of the four Kingsley siblings, the older generation anyway, and in the beginning, he was the quiet one, rarely letting himself out of his siblings shadows. His parents were potioneers and both successful in their careers, which allowed enough income to support the family. Though he was quiet, he did love his siblings, often trying to stay as close as possible to his family in the early years, treating those outside of them with distrust and suspicion. As a consequence, Logan didn't have many friends growing up. When he was ten, he had his first instance of magic. He was climbing on a tree, getting to the top, and fell and would most likely have snapped his neck if he had hit the ground. Fortunately, his magic kicked in, teleporting him so that he found himself crashing into his bed instead. After this event did he receive his letter for Hogwarts and, like his older brother, was sorted into Gryffindor.
Growing up, he learnt through broken conversations and hushed voices of the curse that supposedly plagued his family. As he grew older, he became more aware of what was happening and its potential significance. One of his siblings, maybe even him, was to be the leader of the serpents one day. Though he didn't fully believe it, he didn't dismiss it either, and treated it with caution and most of the time, he tried to never let it cloud his judgement of his siblings and their potential future. Though, at times, he did let himself think of it, trying to guess which one of them was it. Eventually, he did deduce it was either him or his older sister. Though these thoughts were more humouring himself than anything.
At school, he blossomed. He wasn't the shy, curious, exclusive child that he was growing up but found himself surrounded by friends. Due to this, he found himself less reliant on his family. However, he found himself always in the shadows of his siblings and sometimes wondered if his new found popularity was because of his relation to the Gryffindor quidditch captain and his infamous Slytherin sister. However, he didn't really care, enjoying the new friendships and opportunities around him. Academically, he wasn't the best, but he wasn't the worst either, and his marks were average. However, by the end of his first year, it was clear that he and his family were moving to America. Though at the time he didn't know why and was angry at the circumstances, as he didn't want to leave since he finally found somewhere where he felt like he belonged. As he grew older, though, he realised that it was because of his sister. Artemisia had gotten in contact with their estranged aunt and they had found letters discussing plans for Artemisia to run away.
At Ilvermorny, he was sorted into Thunderbird. Despite his wariness to the move, he found himself fitting into the place remarkably well. Unlike his siblings, who both enjoyed the American version of quidditch, Logan preferred defence against the dark arts and was often found trying to improve his magic for battle. However, though he had a large group of friends, he also gained enemies and often gotten into fights with other students. Sometimes it was through magic but others? Hand to hand. Something that Logan was apparently quite good at. Throughout his years at the school, he often just resorted to using his fist whenever someone insulted or offended him and gained quite the reputation of someone not to mess around with. Furthermore, he was never one to settle down, going through girls (sometimes men) as if they were days of a week. When he was sixteen, a friend of his suggested to him joining a gym and becoming a professional boxer. Though he didn't take it seriously, he did once he entered his seventh year. Joining one, it began to take up all of his time, escaping to it whenever he could and when he couldn't? He was hidden somewhere practising. Due to this, it's a surprise Logan was even able to graduate. His school marks were nothing compared to his siblings but he found himself not caring. He had a career waiting.
He became a boxer, rising quickly through the ranks. By the time he was eighteen, he was one of the best in the country and was winning competitions left, right and centre. He was aware of the path his sister had gone down, she was never exactly subtle, but he found himself indifferent. It's not like he was innocent himself. He dallied in drugs and alcohol for years. Of course, he was subtle about it in the beginning, never doing it when he was around his family. However, it shifted when he met her. She was the sister of one of his rivals, someone he always struggled to beat and sometimes lost. It was a fifty fifty situation whenever he entered the ring. Originally, he flirted with her to anger her brother which most of the time it worked. She wasn't really into her brother's work, only going to make sure he had a drive home afterwards and was a witch, studying to become a healer. However, one time Logan lost, miserably, and was drinking alone in a room when she walked in. That night, they began to talk, actually talk and slowly, he got curious about her.
He pursued her for nearly a year, eventually scoring a date when he was nearing twenty two. For the next six years, they were happily dating, even letting her meet his family. By this time, Percy had been born and found the boy latching onto him, which he didn't mind, letting himself play with the boy. She had begun to convince him, though, to leave fighting and go into some sort of stable career and business, with Logan thinking maybe he should go back to school to follow his brother into becoming an auror. He was even thinking of marrying her. However, this changed when he was twenty eight. He'd gotten into a fight with her brother again at her birthday party. Logan, never having a good control over his temper, didn't stop when the two of them got into a fight. It was clear neither of them were going to stop, regardless of the state of the other one. His girlfriend, wanting to break them up, trying to drag them apart but her brother accidentally connected his fist into her, killing her almost instantly. Though he was cleared of any charges afterward, the brother was incarcerated, but Logan was never one to shy away from responsibility and acknowledged his own hand in her death.
Racked by grief, Logan returned straight back to his fighting career, throwing himself back into it as well as drinking more and more. He cut himself off completely from his family, running back to England in order to escape them. However, this caused visits from Artemisia, though these were once in a blue moon, and he often threatened her through violence to try and get her to stay away from him. He fell into a dark period and, as he was already known for his skills in the ring, became notorious for his ruthlessness and after a few months, many people gave up in trying to get through to him and for the next six years, he fell into a pattern. Fight, drink, fight, pass out. By his fourth year, it was rare for anyone to find him sober. It wasn't until he was 34 did he begin to get his act together.
He overdosed. He took a bottle of pills and barely survived the ordeal, having to be resuscitated. After the event, he let himself be put through rehab. It was here they forced him to get back in contact with the rest of his family. Soon, he found himself writing letters to his nephew, Percy, who, much to his surprise, had grown up and was in his teenage years. After leaving, he was put on the long road of recovery. He decided to become a personal trainer and a self defence teacher on the side and is currently working towards this.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Logan is trying to be a better person than he once was. Growing up, he was charismatic and friendly though plagued by a violent temper, but he loved to show off and be in the spotlight when around friends. Physical, he prefers to use his own strength than magic, hence why he found his calling through boxing and other forms of fighting. Nowadays, though, he can be quite wary and cautious of newcomers and can often be cut off from them, even as far as being intimidating, and finds himself taking a while to warm up to them, regardless of whether they're a friend or a lover.
Before he went off the rails, he was go lucky, looking for the next adrenaline hit, and enjoyed life as it came. Not one for commitment, he struggled to see the importance of a stable career and qualifications, and this often translated over to his relationships with other people too, passing from one girl to the next. He was a fun type of person to be around if you knew how to avoid his temper. He was, though, good with children, having adopted the "fun uncle" persona and though he would never admit to it, he did enjoy visiting his brother and his family.
However, after he went off the rails, he became more withdrawn, more violent, and shoved everyone out. He lived for drink and fighting and lost motivation to live in the world, which eventually climaxed. Now, though, he's trying to get better and find out ways to control his emotions and temper better. He's also looking for other hobbies that he could use to distract himself and become happier than he use to be. He has slowly, though, regained his sense of humour and tries not to take everything around that seriously.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Halfblood
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!) He has no special abilities
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? As of right now, he is unemployed.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids? He is single
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim! Chris Hemsworth
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
One and none of them are exotic