A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
:D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
:C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
:D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
:C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods Tbh, she may go off path though.
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
:C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
:C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Lydia Sterling is an adventurer. She's always ready to find new places and take in everything about them. Cities or woods? Didn't matter. As long as she was interested. She's also not afraid to get her hands dirty. Getting mud on your clothes never hurt anyone. She'll be the first to volunteer to lead a crazy, adventurous task. She'd even be the one to volunteer to get a little dirty to do some exploring. She's also generous, especially towards the ones she cares about. So, yeah, even if she didn't want to do the task, she'll do it so someone who doesn't want to won't have to.
Growing up with parents of such unique tastes, of course Lydia stands out of the crowd a little bit. Her fashion sense for example. She likes to mix and match things that wouldn't usually be picked out from most, and she'll often make different accessories instead of buying them. Her train of thought and wild imagination also may come off as different from others. Some may say she's a bit oddballish... But, she learned very importantly from her parents not to care what others think. So, yes, she'll respond with, "Thank you for the opinion. I didn't ask for one, but thanks." What else?
Although she's never thought of it too much, Lydia is quite intelligent... In a special sort of way. She may not be the most keen on knowing spells all the time, but she sure as hell can give you three random facts about penguins off the spot. She knows a lot of random facts. She'll often spend time in the library or take a book at home and absorb the information, especially the unique facts that stand out to her. This sort of comes from her explorer trait, expanding to want to adventure bits and bits of information. So, no, she doesn't exactly see herself as the most intelligent - describing her brilliant father when someone compliments her brains - but she still is, realization or not.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Allegra Maybelle had been known as odd her whole life. A muggle-born witch who's parents just couldn't understand the whole magic thing. Though, still too connected with the human world for wizards and witches at Hogwarts too fully understand her. She was in a medium between both worlds, and that didn't cut it for either. She was a Hogwarts student, apart of the Hufflepuff house. She was never bullied necessarily, just not close with anyone. She seemed to often bounce between groups but never fitting into any one. Not only was she so close in muggle nature, some may say a bit of an oddball as well. Weird outfits, speaking random thoughts aloud at the randomness times, or being found doing peculiar activities in the most peculiar of places. Truly, she didn't make a long term close friend until she met Oswald Sterling, another muggle-born who seemed to be just as unique as her. He had transferred from Beauxbatons during his last year, the two becoming close over a shared interest of science. They didn't start dating until four years later, marrying four years, and waiting a decent amount of time before having their first child at thirty-two.
Lydia Sterling was born first to Allegra and Oswald. She was a perfect mix between both her parents. A wondrous and curious spirit like her mother who didn't what anyone thought, and a questioning and intelligent soul from her father's side. Having an artist for a mother and an inventor of a father, funds were never great. They didn't live in some lavish, magical house like some other families may. Just a small two bedroom apartment that they managed to afford. Yet, the family was still happy. Both parents working mostly at home, they spent a lot of time with Lydia. She was never spoiled, though, it was really just a close and loving relationship with her parents. It was like this up until Lydia was seven and her mother had some news to share with her. Lydia was going to be the older sister to another girl. This was, in fact, when Lydia's first sign of magic appeared. Her first emotion was confusion and anger. So, without barely any though, on of her mother's clay sculptures seemed to explode out of nowhere. Luckily, her mother isn't a very strict parent and knew what it's like to not control your first ever magical incident.
Juniper Sterling was born some months later, adding a new addition to the family. Of course, with a new baby, Lydia's parents were much busier than before having to take care of her. Due to this, Lydia figured out some of her own hobbies... Ones that she could stay interested but still do them alone. Her most favorite of them all would be exploring. She loved going to the forest and find rivers, always keeping an eye out for animals and fun plants she had read about. The more she adventured, the more she seemed to love it. So, while her parents watched her new baby sister, she put in a pair of headphones that played music from her favorites playlist and ran off to explore. Anywhere. Everywhere. Forests. Cities. Lydia looked for it all.
Even though she expected it, Lydia was overjoyed to get her Hogwarts letter. She was always so curious to see what the school was like that her mother had gone to her whole life and her father had attended. Plus, she had been told stories of the large castle and big forest surrounding it. What not better to explore than that? She could probably find a new place everyday and still not have seen the whole thing. It's a bit funny. She hadn't even cared about houses or what learning would be like. She was excited to have an adventure.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
Lydia would prefer the house of the brave and explorers, Gryffindor. Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw would be fine, too.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?