A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- + confident, athletic, charming
- - arrogant, cocky, spoiled
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
- If you're talking about careers, he doesn't exactly have a set one. His family is extremely rich and the only thing he can think of doing after he graduates is to travel the world and spend some money.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- Working out at the gym. Hiking some mountains. Playing football. He is very athletic and outdoorsy, so anything to do with getting in shape and other leisure activities will do.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- 1.) His wand
- 2.) His vault key
- 3.) His favorite pair of worn out running shoes
- 4.) His leather jacket that was passed down to him by his dad
- 5.) His necklace
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- He doesn't really care much, but if he had the chance to change something, it'll probably be along the lines of creating more magical sports and promote hiking or running and healthy living and whatnot.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
- He'd like to be placed in Gryffindor. If not, then Slytherin. As long as it's not Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- Arrogant, cocky, and overly-confident, Kai might be what some muggles describe as the "typical jock". He's extremely athletic too, and a gym nut, which probably contributes to that image as well. He's also vain, and will try his best to maintain his image and reputation, because he highly values what other people think of him. His childhood greatly contributed to why he turned out this way, having been spoilt terribly, but never properly loved or shown proper attention at home. The fact he's adopted might also be one of the reasons for this - as he might believe that his parents have never shown him "true" love. As a result, he revels in his popularity and attention he gets from other people.
- He does have some redeeming qualities, though. Contrary to popular belief, Kai is not actually selfish. He can be a jerk sometimes, sure, but he still has the ability to form genuine connections with the people he's close to and care for. He's loyal, and supportive, and most of the time his confident persona translates into courage and bravery. He's not afraid to try new things, and stuff that most people would not dare think of. He's adventurous that way, and he gets along with other people who feel the same way.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Kai was not born as Malachai Montgomery. He was intended to be named Ethan, and was the son of a young couple, Brent and Margarette Walsh, who were both half-blood wizards. Both were Aurors, and died in action, effectively orphaning the young Ethan, who was then adopted by Melisandre Montgomery - one of Margarette's closest friends from Ilvermorny in the United States. He was only a few days old when he was adopted, and was not yet given a birth certificate, so Melisandre decided to name him Malachai instead, unaware that his parents wanted him to be called Ethan.
- He grew up in a large house near the Atlanta, Georgia area, along with his adoptive siblings, Elesa, Beau and Corbin who are all biological children of Melisandre and her husband, Thorthon. Malachai is the youngest of the bunch, and was never told that he was adopted. He figured it out, though, as he grew up, having noticed that he never gets as much attention as his other siblings do. He did his own investigation, and arrived to that conclusion. Because of that, he would always strive to make other people like him, instead.
- He showed his first sign of magic at age 10, when he was able to make the silverware float during a family reunion dinner. After that, he was admitted to Ilvermorny, where the rest of his siblings already go to, and was sorted to Wampus. His natural good looks and charm made him popular, and soon enough, his entry into his House's quidditch team on just his first year boosted that as well. He gained more popularity as the years went by, and grew more cocky and confident as well. He started caring too much about his reputation, that he lost his already diminishing touch with his family. It's not as if they care though, because he had already long accepted that in their household, they all operate under the mantra: 'to each his own.'
- As the years passed, his Quidditch career at school flourished, and he got into some other new things as well. He developed a passion for duelling, and even some muggle sports that was taught to him by his muggle-born friends like basketball, volleyball, and weightlifting. He also became rather adventurous, often going out with his friends to hike mountains, and go to muggle themed parks and other places across continental America. Before he entered his sixth year, he heard of this student exchange program which would give students the chance to be sent to Hogwarts in the UK. Raring to start and adventure in Europe (and to get away from his family, even for just a bit), Kai signed up and was ecstatic to be accepted.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
- Kai is a half-blood wizard, adopted by a pureblood family.
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
- Kai has none of these special abilities.
6) What year is your character in?
- Kai is an incoming 6th year.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?