A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
+ charismatic, passionate, flexible
- insecure, secretive, inhibited
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
malivalaya's been nothing but a spare her entire life. she wants to be her own person who sets her own goals for her own happiness. and right now, it looks as if her starting career in dance is the path she wants to take.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
lounging or practicing around in the nearest dance studio or talking long, calming walks by herself. she finds both of these activities relaxing.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Ratty red notebook
- Golden anklet
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
she wants to see a world where everyone treasures what they have at the moment and not take anything for granted. she knows what it feels like being taken for granted so...
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
In essence, Malivalaya is made up of polite manners, smiles, and soft spoken words. She knows how to appeal to people without having to reveal too much of her inner emotions. Whatever she does, it's often calculated and well-thought out. She's always mindful of her own words, careful to not offend anyone and be on their best sides. Malivalaya's always done this since young so this carefully played out persona of hers is like a second skin, coming in naturally as if it was the real her.
Despite her inhibited nature, Malivalaya is a naturally passionate person. Her drive for the things she's particularly focused on is unlike anyone else's. She's not easily dragged down by failures, disappointments and discouragements. While she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, not everything was easily given to her, like proper attention and affection from her parents, for example, so Malivalaya learnt how to work for what she wants to achieve.
Malivalaya values her freedom. She doesn't like being restricted nor tied down, which was why she left home in the first place. Years of trying and failing to gain some sort of acknowledgement and praise from her parents left her feeling suffocated in her own house and thus when the opportunity came, she pulled all the strings she could, built up an entire new persona with the help of close friends with connections, and went into a new world, all for the sake of keeping the freedom and letting go of her heart's deepest desire when she felt like her efforts were damaging her far too much.
For everything she has achieved in her life, Malivalaya still feels as if she's lacking something, as if she hasn't done nearly enough. She is by no means a perfectionist but sometimes she feels as if what she's doing is inadequate and that she needs to do more, to do even better than before. Not only that, Malivalaya craves validation and praise, especially those who she views with admiration and respect. She doesn't deem her actions good enough until someone convinces her otherwise.
Not only that, Malivalaya has the habit of keeping her inner thoughts and feelings very deeply inside her. Yes, she does trust people, but she trusts no one, not even those closest to her, with her deepest, most intimate feelings. She's had no one to confide in her entire life so having someone to pour her innermost thoughts and feelings is practically myth to her. It's hard to get her to reveal things about herself. Not because she doesn't want to, but she doesn't know how to. Opening up and confiding in others is foreign territory to her and she closes herself up particularly fast if she feels that someone is prodding a little too much into her own business.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Once upon a time, Malivalaya was known as Ratanaporn and was once the second child of one of Thailand's most powerful elites by virtue of being Purebloods and running a very large and successful business in import and export of luxury goods. Essentially born with a silver spoon in her mouth, Malivalaya had everything anyone could ask for: fame, fortune and a bright future. But what she had in abundance was nothing compared to what she desperately lacked. While her parents were painted as benevolent people who were paragons of everything good to the public, hidden within the elaborate walls of their family mansion was a whole other story.
Malivalaya grew up in a very lonely environment. As she was the younger child and thus not slated to inherit their company, all the attention and affection her parents could spare was instead showered upon their elder child, her older brother 4 years her senior. Her brother saw no example from their parents since he was young and thus felt nothing towards her, following in their parents' footsteps in emotionally neglecting their youngest member.
In her younger years, Malivalaya saw how different her parents acted around her and her brother and it made her young mind confused. What did her brother have that she didn't? What was he doing that made her father beam at him with pride and her mother to hug him tenderly like that? But when she enters the picture, everything comes to a standstill and the room turns cold. She had noticed this and for years tried in vain to receive the kind of love her brother practically bathed in, acting the way he does and pursuing the goals he was pursuing. She even had a highly similar first Magical sign as her brother (accidentally levitating an object). But instead of acknowledgement, all Malivalaya got was a reprimand to "stop being so childish".
By the time she was old enough to attend Magic school, Malivalaya had given up on trying to gain her family's love and approval. Her antics simmered down, she spoke less at home, and basically became a stranger to her own family. At school, Malivalaya gained a friendship group that treated her like proper family. For the first time in her life, she felt less like a spare, back-up heir and more like a human with feelings. Malivalaya became quite close with her friends, enough that she began to spend less time at home and more at her friends' places where their own families offered her solace after they figured out what was wrong with her family.
As her brother grew closer and closer to the age of inheritance, the need for Malivalaya grew less and less until she broke at age 13 and pulled out every asset she personally had, none of which had direct relations to her parents, and worked out a plan that she would soon acknowledge as one of the most reckless and emotion-driven moves she's ever made.
When everything she requested was ready, Malivalaya packed her bags and composed a letter for her parents and brother, pouring every drop of negative emotion to it, and dropped it on the desk of her father before leaving the family for good. That night, Ratanaporn was left in the dust and the life of Malivalaya Phonmakmai begins, a daughter of a humble immigrant Thai family living in the busy city of Tokyo and a new student of Mahoutokoro School of Magic.
While the entire debacle can be viewed as something quite baffling, idiotic even, to other people, for Malivalaya it was quite symbolic. In Thailand, people regularly change their given names for good fortune but rarely change their family names as it requires the permission from both parents. Malivalaya changed both without consulting her parents first, cutting ties from both of them and choosing her own family, one that loves her for who she is and doesn't treat her like a spare. She didn't want to bear the name of the girl born to be a spare heir, she wanted to bear a name that she chose by herself.
In the light of the news that their daughter had disappeared, her parents made an attempt at trying to find her. Malivalaya wasn't worried at all, she knew the people she got to reinvent her identity for her did a very excellent job. But when she was offered the opportunity to study at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Malivalaya accepted right away, wanting a change of scenery and an even bigger distance between her and her past.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Model: Jannine Weigel <3
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?