A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer. Strength: When there is something Mars wants, she gets it, despite opposition from others. This, she believes, is true power.
Weakness: Mars can occasionally be too reckless in pursuit of her goals, getting tunnel vision that she neglects to see all the collateral damage she is leaving in her wake.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not? It's playing out exactly the way she thought she wanted, however, ideally, her mother and step-father will stop being so disapproving of her path.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so? At home, writing music, maybe with one friend or two, but not so many that it would stop being quiet. She isn't a big people person. She has enough of social interaction at her jobs.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why? Her wand wouldn't be one of them. Her phone, because it's practical. Her Spotify Premium subscription because she needs music to live. An old denim jacket that she found lying around the house once a long time ago, and has since adorned with patches, because it reminds her of home in a nice way. The keys to her apartment, the first thing she owned hat made her feel like she was in control of her own life. A pair of diamond earrings, her last remaining "high-class" possession.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? Dispel the elitism of the pure-blood families who still think they're so much better than everyone else.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!) The Kingsbury family is one of high class. While it is not part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, they are still held in the highest regard by both allies and enemies alike. The marriage of Alastair to Aurélie was one of power, Aurelie constantly craving more and more of it. They had four children: Charles, Eleanor, Margaret, and Bentley. Soon after, Alastair died and Aurelie got remarried to Tiernan Tyrell, another power play.
Since the beginning, it was quite obvious that Margaret was the odd one out. She didn't care for the upperclass, and preferred ripped jeans to fancy dresses. Her first sign of magic wreaked absolute chaos on the Kingsbury household, shattering nearly every mirror on one floor. Still, she was obedient. There was no use acting out if she didn't want to face the consequences, many of which involved her being shipped off to Beauxbatons or something.
In Hogwarts, she was sorted into Slytherin, and while at school, she embraced her rebellious nature. She got mixed up with people her parents would consider the "wrong crowd" and was barely passing all her classes. She faded into the background as a basket case, occasionally choosing not to skip the monthly 'what are you doing with your life' talks from teachers, and throwing away all letters from her parents once she got the tiniest inkling that it was a howler.
Eventually, the summer before her fifth year, already fifteen-years-old, she decided to hone her talents at producing music, the only thing she really enjoyed, and started working a job at a recording studio. Eventually, they let her use more of the studio at night when there were no clients so she could produce her own demos, which she took full advantage of. Working there, she learned many things and met many people, which led her to this conclusion: you don't need a Hogwarts degree to get famous. Branching out from music, the next summer she tried her hand at modelling and made various connections that helped her get her name out there. Eventually, she started using her charm (probably the only things she really inherited from her parents, considering she wanted nothing to do with everything snobbish) to build a social media empire in both the muggle and magical world. She became both a Witchagram and Instagram model, had a very successful Soundcloud account, and managed herself all at the same time, creating her own bank account and letting the cash come in.
Getting deals to travel all over the world and have gigs in all the cities she's dreamed of going to, everything was falling into place, except for one big problem: Hogwarts. She had to go to class; she couldn't go to Tokyo or New York or Milan or anywhere. Going by 'Mars' now, Margaret got into a huge fight with her parents during Christmas break of sixth year trying to convince them to let her drop out. Convinced that these opportunities would disappear if she waited even just nine months longer, Mars remained steadfast in her belief that she should stop attending school. After a long and draining argument which lasted over the span of a couple months. A month into the summer before Mars' seventh year, Aurélie finally relented, deeming her daughter a lost cause. While this
devastated disappointed Mars, she knew that eventually her mother would come around and realize the extent of her success. She will always love her family, yes, but the path they had laid out for her was not the one she was meant to take.
Now, Mars continues her normal life of traveling across the globe, jet setting from one country to another. While in London, she DJs at Club Mute, and makes music in the same recording studio she interned at all those years ago.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!) Mars isn't a people person. For someone who believes she's destined to be in the spotlight, she sure hates being in it. While she is capable of being charming, she prefers to let her talent speak for itself instead of sucking up to everybody who matters. Years and years of being the odd one out and the black sheep have made her a little wary when it comes to trusting most people, so outside of family, she doesn't put much value into relationships. This causes her to become rather flaky and uncommitted to most friends but eh, what can you do?
It's not like this with her goals though. Once Mars sets her sights on something, she gets it, through any means, and always finds a way. Whether it be something small like satisfying a craving late at night or something big like dropping out of Hogwarts, she tends to get whatever she wants, tunnel vision often obstructing her view of any collateral damage it might cause. This is both her greatest strength and greatest weakness, though she fails to recognize how it could be particularly detrimental.
Mars hated the snobby society she was a part of, and hated how they thought they were better than everyone else. This had lef her to have low self esteem which at times she masks with almost excessive confidence. She hates to model because it makes her feel self conscious but she does it for money and for exposure. She hates giving interviews because she doesn't know how to talk about herself. The introverted girl who likes to stay at home and write songs in her room feels a little out of place behind the party girl facade. It's a little odd. Normally, people become more outgoing as you get to know them. With Mars, the closer you get, the less she has to try to keep you entertained. She's also very poetic with her words but doesn't wanna sound too pretentious when talking to others, so most of the time, no one hears any of the music she makes while it's still in progress. A perfectionist, everything she creates needs to be the best it can be before sharing it with the world. The same goes for herself as a person, but eh, she's always had a different idea of what 'perfect' is from everyone else.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Pure-Blood
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!) None.
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? DJ/Producer/Model
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids? None.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim! Am using Marta Dyks!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 5 others, two exotic.