1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Maria Elena Ramos was born on an excruciatingly warm day-- June 4th, 2010-- in Granada, Nicaragua. The No-Maj-born girl was “brought up” by her parents… that is to say, they didn’t do a very good job. They tried their best, but when you’re born into a rougher neighborhood where crime rates soar, drugs are used, and most kids don’t even finish school… to say that her parents brought her up is a bit of a loose definition of their parenting. Elena was brought up more by the people of the street, than her own parents in some regards.
Elena was lucky, though. She had… something that seemed to protect her. If some of the guys tried to get too rough with her… they’d find themselves set flying backwards before they could touch her. This happened fairly routinely from the time she was about seven. It never happened in front of her parents, so she never really said much about it.
When Elena was eleven… a few people came to see her- representatives from two schools she’d never even heard of before-- a school in America called Ilvermorny, and a school in Brazil called Castelobruxo. Apparently, Elena was magic-- and since there was no magic school in Central America… she had her pick. Elena’s parents figured sending her to a school in America would give her a chance at an even better life… so Elena, right on the cusp of dropping out of her own Muggle school, was sent off to Ilvermorny. Wampus and Thunderbird both wanted her. Since No-Maj-born girl had no idea what either meant, she went with Thunderbird, thinking Wampus sounded weird.
Elena didn’t naturally take well to academics, much to her parents’ and professors’ displeasure. Her parents felt she was wasting a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at an American education, and it shouldn’t be wasted. What Elena did take well to, was Quidditch. She felt at home on a broomstick, and heard whispers that professional Quidditch players made good money. The idea intrigued her-- growing up with nothing… maybe she could get her parents out of that situation. So despite the protests coming from various authority figures… Elena did what she could to make passing grades in her academics and focused hard on a sport she grew to love.
In her seventh year, she was scouted by a couple of National teams… and she ended up on Mexico’s national team right after graduation. She found the coach had some… less-popular opinions about how a team should function, but she didn’t care. She didn’t need to date her teammates anyway-- she was in this to help her parents. That was what drove her.
In her second year playing, a new Keeper was brought on-- Madan Atherton. She couldn’t deny that the guy was attractive… though his flirtatious nature definitely put her off-- at first. She wanted to focus on her goal-- get her parents out. She didn’t want to risk getting thrown off the team. But eventually… love between the two of them blossomed. They kept their relationship a secret… and after a game in England, Madan proposed. Elena accepted, and the coach, rather than kick them off… decided that if they were that serious about the relationship, they could stay.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Elena is a fighter-- one of the reasons Wampus wanted her. Her determination is one of her strongest characteristics; she grew up on the street, and you can’t wear your heart on your sleeve when that’s the life you lead. She keeps her emotions fairly close to her chest, not revealing them to many people. She’s a very passionate person-- when she finds a goal, she chases after it 100%. She can come across a bit rough at times-- it’s just a lingering aspect of her life growing up.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
Nothing exotic :)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Chaser or Seeker for the Mexican National Quidditch Team
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Engaged to Madan Atherton
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
14, but this is an expansion char who is going back to Mexico following the expansion. :)
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
UTC -6? (US Central Time)