A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths: His dry wit. It's a nice ice-breaker.
Weaknesses: Antisocial. It makes it extremely difficult for him to connect with anyone.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Probably not but he wouldn't change it for the world.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Reading. Quietly observing his teammates shennanigns.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- His Wand: How else is he to do magic?
- His Broom: How else is he to continue his career?
- Team Photo: Just a small momento that he cherishes.
- A Book: Something to stop him from getting bored.
- Cash: How else is he to survive? How else is he to buy food, procure shelter or decent clothing?
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
The stupid secrecy laws, obviously.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Matthew McArthur was born one snowy December day to two very well off people. Now his parents, of course, wanted to have a child but just weren't ready for the responsibility. After all, raising a child is a lot of hard work that they thought they could handle. That was their first mistake, to be honest with you. You see, sure they had the finances and the means to take care of him, just not the emotional capacity. The McArthurs were extremely selfish and honestly, only had room for themselves. A very toxic relationship indeed.
So you can only imagine the neglect Matthew was born into. Sure, he got all the things he wanted - minus his parents affection. In fact, this resulted in a magical outburst (several things blew up and/or shattered). This of course, resulted in nothing but a minor scolding as they replaced the broken objects. Which of course, wasn't what Matthew wanted. So after the destructive age of seven, he threw himself into his studies, foolishly thinking that if he was smart enough they'd spend more time with him.
By the tender age of eleven, he had received a letter and an unexpected visit from some oddly dressed person to break the news to the McArthur family. He explained about the world and showed them proof that it was, in fact, real and that Matthew was a wizard. This provided a small window of time full of affection and attention. However, it was gone before he was used to it and he spent the last month in Muggle London wishing to go to a school he's never been.
Once there, he was quickly sorted into (house). He threw himself into his studies and discovered an unfamiliar passion for the wizarding sport of Quidditch - and he was pretty good at it too. He joined his house team and somehow managed to handle both the rigorous training schedule and ever growing pile of essays and homework. Which of course, never left any time to socialize. He didn't mind though. He was used to it by this point in time.
He was quickly recruited for Puddlemere United, which he quickly accepted, seeing a chance to leave his oh so wonderful life behind. He didn't expect making any friends with his team or even meeting a girl he would be even remotely interested in. Matthew also didn't expect to slowly be brought out of his antisocial shell around these people.
But hey, life is often unexpected after all.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Matt has a cold outer shell, making it nearly impossible for people to get close to him. He can appear arrogant and reckless when in reality he is far from it. Matthew is cunning, feisty and extremely sarcastic. He has a dry sense of humor and a wit about him that can either a) irritate or b) impress those around him. He is antisocial and honestly, doesn't really care much about rivalries or school/team pride. He finds it incredibly stupid and a waste of energy.
Now to get into detail. Matthew, in a positive light, is a very laid-back kind of person. He is actually a very caring individual, though that doesn't mean he'll help you when your in a fight. In fact, he'll just wait until your beat up to tell you 'I told you so'. Then he'll proceed to hunt down the person who did that to you. He's cunning when he wants to be, which is a very helpful skill in Quidditch mind you. Matthew has a dry witty sense of humor (mostly including minor puns and ironic punch lines) that he's unusually proud of. He also has an ambitious side, which has resulted in his current status as a Quidditch Chaser.
Now the negative. Matthew can come across as arrogant since he has a pretty cold exterior. It takes a lot for that to be broken down, much to his pleasure and chagrin. If you couldn't tell, he's pretty antisocial and would much prefer to stay out of the limelight, though that is completely washed down the drain when he's playing Quidditch. He can have a pretty one track mind set which is both a blessing and a curse. He finds it hard to distract himself when he has some project or other to work on but it helps him excel in whatever he's trying to accomplish at the time.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Chaser for Puddlemere United
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Modelled by Skander Keynes
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?