1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Maura has always been known for her 'book smarts'. She did very well with her NEWTs and OWLs, getting multiple Outstandings, although her O in Divination has always been the grade she's most proud of. She also loves to read, a lot. All sorts of things, it's not surprising to find a book in Maura's hand. And, admittedly, she rather stay at home and read a good book instead of going to some bar or party and socializing. She's very much an introvert that prefers the warmth of her home, with her two best friends and four nieces.
Maura's grandmother taught her four main things. One, and most obvious, the the methods of Divination. The seer couldn't have asked for a better teacher. To this day, Maura is skilled in so many varieties of fortune-telling and Divination. Not because she was just a seer, but because of the person who taught her everything she could learn. Second, superstitions. The superstitions that are truer than anything else in this world. The basic and more known ones, yeah. Never walk under a ladder or break a mirror. Though, Maura was taught just as many that many may never heard of, as well. Never whistle indoors unless you want to invite evil in. Say "Rabbit Rabbit" every month for good luck. Maura still follows the many superstitions to this day, although has certainly let a few go that were completely ludicrous. Three, how to teach. This is the reason Maura taught Persephone everything she knows and aspire to become a teacher at Hogwarts. Four, don't deal with anyone's unnecessary bullshit. This is an important one.
Commitment. Yeah, that's never been Maura's strong suit. Although commitment issues can often relate to relationships of a sort, to Maura, that's not where he commitment issues fall. Really, she's never pursued a romantic relationship to know. Though, it's more like, Maura often craves for change. Divination and mostly reading are the two interests that Maura can really ever say she stuck with. She tried quidditch once in another lifetime, and other skills like music. Though, it never stuck. Though, it's never been too much a big deal... not until she started to want to teach rather than work in the business she has for so many years, that is.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
For as long as many can remember, the Terranova wizarding family have been around. Although never apart of the sacred 28, there was something very specific that always made the pure-blood family so rememberable. It wasn't specifically ever known for being very dark or very light, typically a balanced mix between the two could be found. No, the Terranova family was known for their seers. Usually, at least one child in each generation was supposedly proved themselves of being seers, true or not, no one will ever know. Many Terranova's made a living off of fortune-telling, especially the ones gifted with the gift of seeing in someone's future and past, and it's not surprising to find the Terranova name in past Divination teachers and small fortune-telling businesses.
Lucy Terranova was a known seer who, surprisingly enough, worked in the ministry rather than going into a career that had to do with her special gift. It was her ministry job that led to her meeting Charles Abbott and where they ultimately fell in love. They would only have one child, almost exactly a year after getting married, in which they named Gregory. Although wished everyday, and made sure not to do anything to force bad luck (since Lucy was always one to believe and follow any superstition she could), the family had finally given hope that Gregory was given the seer gift similar to his mother. He hated it. Although Lucy tried her best to make it seem like she wasn't upset, Gregory could still tell she was disappointed. His mind wandered on the fact many times that he wasn't good enough for his mother, so, ultimately, their relationship wasn't as close as either of the two wanted but never tried hard enough for.
Gregory ultimately excelled in school, except in Divination, where he tried but only failed. Though, by seventh year, he was over the fact he was a disappointment to his mother and moved on to better things in life. Right after graduating, he moved into an apartment with his girlfriend since sixth year, Anne-Marie Carrow. They were wed two years later and had their first child two years later, Caroline Terranova. Three years after Caroline was born came Maura Terranova. Unlike Caroline, who was loud and very wild, Maura was always was a quiet child that preferred reading alone rather than playing with the kids around the neighborhood. She was also really close with her grandmother. Really, really close. Unlike her older sister who thought of her grandmother was somewhat of a crazy lady, she was the most important person in Maura's life. She was taught on tarot cards, crystal balls, tea leaves, superstitions that were 'very' true, and all so much more with her knowings of being a fortune-teller and seer. And, when it was realized that Maura had the same gift of being a seer like her grandmother, she was learning twice as much.
Maura was nine when she had her first magical experience. Walking in to the kitchen, she found Caroline and one of her friends already occupying the room. As soon as Maura heard the words "at least your grandma isn't a weirdo like mine", the sink jerked on and water sprayed everywhere. Not only did her sister get soaked, Maura got her Hogwarts letter a year later. Attending the magical school, Maura was sorted into Ravenclaw. Maura did well in Hogwarts, similar to her dad, although Divination was her very best class, much dislike her father. She was a quiet student, and, honestly, she couldn't name a close friend of her's until meeting Persephone, a first year Hufflepuff and seer as well. That's where Maura took all the skills that her grandmother had her learn and taught them to Persephone. It was Persephone and Calla - another seer into her thirties that Maura met after graduating - that helped Maura cope the loss of her grandmother two years after graduating.
By the time Persephone had graduated, the three were all best friends - as close as sisters - and didn't think twice in finding a place to live together. Not only that, but they began their own psychic business together. It was quite the success. All three of them were legitimate seers and people of all sorts came for readings. It was a fun job at that, and Maura couldn't ask for anything better. Her job was her life, and she knew her grandmother would be proud of her for it. Her parents? Not so much. But Maura didn't give a damn. So, the three used their gift for other's people curiosity, and kept the bills paid all at the same time.
Maura never fell in love. Never had children. Though, she never really wanted too. Romance was never nothing Maura wanted or thought about. But, she did end up with four wonderful nieces who she loved just like daughters. His name was Ronan - though for a good long time he was Tom - who was in a relationship with Persephone. Maura never liked the guy, but she only assumed maybe it was her paranoid or overprotective personality. She didn't know if it was real love, Persephone and him, but it lasted for eight years and brought four daughters. He was gone after that. Maura doesn't miss him, just keep at that.
It was a long, long time and many years of working in the business when realizing Maura wanted something new in her life. She was fourty-five now. A forty-five year old who loved change whenever she could get it. She didn't know what she wanted at first, a lot of the times it's not exactly a particular one thing. But, when seeing that a teacher for Divination at Hogwarts was wide open, Maura thought it was almost like a calling. Like she needed to do it. To teach, like her grandmother once did to her and what she once did to Persephone. She didn't leave the business, not exactly. Just a small little break to help Hogwarts get back the class that was ever-so needed.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
FC is Sarah Paulson
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
She's a seer
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Plans to be a professor at Hogwarts if I'm quick enough
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
9/0 I think
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?