1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Vin is tattooed up like most sailors, but unlike most sailors, he doesn’t really curse all that much. He is certainly loud and takes in a lot of drinks, but no, not much of a curser. This is mostly due to his reformation in working with a cruiseliner, which didn’t give him as much verbal freedom. He can be witty but typically doesn’t try to be, and has become much calmer and warmer towards people. He’s a loyal guy. If you have his back, he’ll have yours, simple as that. He would also describe himself as simple and plain, not into elegance or opulence. His mannerisms are rough and he doesn’t fit in with the typical posh crowd you might see in the UK’s wizard society.
Vin is a great indulger in alcohol and has a high tolerance for it. He also has a bad relationship with his grandparents, both due to his excessive drinking and his similarities to his father. He’s also really into smoking and tries different experimental wizarding snuff. His lack of patriotism is what eventually stopped him from joining the navy, but his sense of adventure and love of water led him towards a world traveling journey. He knows three languages, but only because he’s smart enough to pick them up casually. Generally, he has a good brain for languages. He also loves his siblings very much and sends them gifts whenever he’s out working. He wants to buy a either a boat or a ship and sail the world eventually.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
It was the summer of 2017 in Boston, MA, USA. Sarra Summer was a British Witch who was on vacation in the United States on a road trip with her friends as a graduation present from her parents. When they were in Boston, Sarra and her friends went out for drinks in the muggle part of the city with fake IDs. Sarra caught the eye of a Navy Sailor stationed at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard named Richard Seymour - Richard was attractive enough, especially when Sarra was already drunk so the two wound up spending the night together, luckily, they did trade numbers. Sarra left Boston the next day and quickly forgot about the whole thing, until about a month later when she and her friends were in LA towards the end of their road trip, when Sarra started feeling sick and was puking a lot in the morning. Very afraid of what that could mean, she got a pregnancy test which confirmed her worse fears. She was in fact pregnant. Trouble was... there was at least five guys that could be the dad.
Sarra quickly contacted all the guys that could be the dad, there was exactly six. She then made them all get a paternity test and it turned out that Richard was the lucky winner. Because of Richard's career in the Navy, and not wanting to look like the dumb and impulsive 21 year old he was, he proposed to Sarra. Sarra, who was equally impulsive and also not a huge fan of having the child of a man she wasn't married to due to her traditional upbringing, accepted. Her parents were not huge fans of this at first, but eventually they came around and started to begrudgingly like Richard.
Nine months later in March of 2018, they had their oldest son Melvin. In later years, more babies came but of course, Melvin continued being the oldest. He was like their dad- loud, funny, but still quite the teddy bear. He followed his dad as much as he could, and his dreams for a long time included joining the navy. At around the age of 6, he had his first sign of magic when he managed to walk on water and freak out an entire church congregation. He was a rowdy child, but good parenting cooled him down as he grew up. He found focus and concentration through playing football, but to his chagrin, he could no longer play once he reached eleven and was sent off to Ilvermorny, where he was sorted into the Thunderbird house.
Vin tried playing quidditch but he was never that good on a broom, so he made an after school football club so he could continue practicing and playing despite some hindrance. Although smart, school never interested him so he barely received average grades, of his own volition. After having a row with his parents about his friends and how he was managing his life, he quit school in his sixth year and went on a journey to find himself. He started out as an underage longshoreman, and then once he was old enough, he joined a cruise line and worked there.
Vin kept in contact with his siblings, however, and it was them that convinced him to patch things up with their parents. This is the only reason why he ended up going on that cursed vacation.
In the summer of 2038, the family decided they were going to try and do a transoceanic crossing in the family sailboat. Everything was going well, until they were hit by a really bad storm in the middle of the Atlantic. The wind was well over 64 knots and tore the mast right off the boat, leaving them utterly helpless to the mercy of the ocean. Because they were doing a transoceanic crossing, the USCG required them to have liferaft and survival suits for all aboard. Roman and his father attempted to launch the liferaft but the sea were far too much for the rails aboard the sailboat and soon as they tried to tie the painter line to the sailboat, the rail was tore away from the boat. The family had already put on their survival suits but before they could abandon ship, a massive wave slammed down on the sailboat and tore it clean in two, knocking the whole family unconscious and separating them from each other, the liferaft and the sailboat's wreck.
When Vin came to, he was delirious and dehydrated, grasping at anything he could while alone in water. He had drifted away from the wreck. Luckily for him, he had apparently managed to grab a wand- what was later revealed to be his dad’s wand- in the panic and had it strapped to his life vest. Using that wand, he managed to apparate home, to the terrible news.
The whole family moved to the UK to be with his mother’s parents. Vin didn’t know what to do with his life anymore, didn’t know how to cope with the grief of losing them. He decided that if he wanted to expand his job opportunities, he would have to finish his last year of school. After speaking with the headmaster, despite him already being 20, he was given permission to finish his last year of schooling.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
:D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
:C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
:A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
:C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
:D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
:A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
9, 2 exotic
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?